• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Cargo Bay

Started by Tara Lollock, February 10, 2008, 02:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korinas Dal

Korinas didn't really find Lieutenant's Swift attempts at humor overly amusing, so she barely twitched the corners of her lips. She really didn't have any intention of getting overly friendly with any of the humans, since most of them always repelled her coldly. She was not about to begin wishing for their friendship. Never. Korinas was too proud for that.

"I was thinking something among the lines of installing bio-scanners throughout this area. Once triggered, they would set off a silent alarm the intruder would not notice. That way, we could get to him before he even realized we caught him."
http://prolab-avs.com.ar/gdshome/cardavoy/seska.jpg" border="0">

Apodae Swift

"I never thought we would have the sensors in the open, but anyone half skilled enough to break in to the ship or sneak their way on board and get to the door of this room without being noticed would be able to find out the security systems in place." Swift explained. "Also Ma'am I feel that leaving the real package in this room would not be wise, a decoy should lead the thief away from the package, not towards it. We could always put the package in to one of our quarters and also I would never suggest having no security in place. Just very covert and subtle. I also had the idea that I could start ordering security officers to guard random potted plants throughout the ship." He added and then nodded to Captain Lollock as she entered the room.
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
Acting Chief Tactical/Security Officer
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile
"Either you come in peace or we blow you to pieces, your choice." - Swift

Tara Lollock

**Tara aknowledged both officers and quietly exited the cargo bay.**
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Apodae Swift

((OOC: What happened to everyone???))
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile

Tara Lollock

Storage and transport.

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"

Apodae Swift

"I think we should put a bucket of water above the door, you know, so it will wet whoever comes in." Swift said as he backed through the open door. "By the time the thieves have finished drying themselves off we will have them surrounded." He turned back to Dal. "Another idea is a sort of simultaneous jam dropping fire ant releasing device. Either that or if you wanted to Rambo it up a notch we could put in spikes carved from wood that will sort of spring up from the ground."
Swift thought he was normally a good judge of character, but he was a tad apprehensive about trying to pigeon hole Commander Dal. He wasn't sure if she was nice or nasty or trying to cover one with the other or what, he always had trouble with woman. Sure he had a genetically enhanced intellect and senses, but as far as he was concerned you could be the greatest male mind in the galaxy and still not be able to fathom the female mind, let alone one highly trained in deception.
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois

Apodae Swift

"Commander I have a different idea. I was thinking we could put bio-scanners in this room and then move the package next door. We could put it in the corner in a box with a plant on it or something. You know, hide it in plain sight. Any thief would go to the room with scanners, no thief would think to look in the plant pot stand of a random room. Something to that effect would, I think, be more effective. Especially if we have a decoy package in this room and tell no one else that it is the fake. So only you, me, and of course the Captain would know." Swift explained in all seriousness, he thought that this kind of deception was the only way to really keep it safe from both external and internal threats. He guessed that Commander Dal was all business from the way she neither laughed or reprimand him for the flippant way he had acted. The downside was such officers sometime ignored him because of his lack of professionalism, however the plus side was that sometimes they could appreciate a good idea regardless of the way it was presented.
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois

Tara Lollock

**Lollcok enters the cargo bay, she was merely going use the comm, but she desides to take the opportunity to check up on her new first officer.**

"Commander, status report please?"

"Die well!"

Tara Lollock

**She nods to acknowledge Lieutenant Swift. Tara raises her left eyebrow at the mentioning of potted plants. At that point she became very interested to hear the Commander's report.**

"Die well!"

Korinas Dal

Korinas nodded; Fine. You should have stated what you meant more clearly. I never do know what to expect from humans." This last remark was accompanied by a slight smile. She could joke. She wasn't a Vulcan.

The Captain then entered the room, and Korinas greeted her; "Captain. We've come to agree on one-we'll place sensors and camouflage them so scans would not reveal them. But-Commander Swift seems to doubt the...Cardassian ability to do that properly. So here's where we disagree. I think we should plant a decoy, but also hide the real package within this room and camouflage it as well. Think of it-if you were the intruder, once you discovered a decoy, would you search for the true package in the same room or in another one? And, of coruse, I believe we could pretend we're relocating the package to...your ready room, for example, and let thet information...leak. It would certainly confuse the intruder. I suggest we place sensor into your ready room as well, so we could catch the intruder even if they fail."

Korinas Dal

A small smile played on the lips of Commander Dal. She could see it in the Captain's eyes she'd played the role well-Lollock was clearly showing sympathy for her first assignment. That was good. Korinas would've usually made her choice an order, but just in case Lollock or anyone detected someone had sent information away, she couldn't allow any suspicion at all to be on her...and not strictly suspicion concerning that matter. She had to appear realistic.

"Aye, ma'am. She turned to Swift, "We will be following my plan, Lieutenant. Begin installing the scanners. We'll take care of the decoy number two and the leaking of information later."

Perhaps she'd given the command with too much ease...but it was in her nature. She hoped it wasn't going to point a finger of suspicion of any sort on her.

Apodae Swift

"Yes ma'am." Swift said, he was perfectly fine following her order and doing her plan. He knew she not only had more experience but that it was her decision to make and she was ultimately responsible. She had to go with what she wanted to go with. "Though for the record ma'am,. I didn't think you couldn't do it properly. I just thought my idea was the better one." He wanted to clear that up, he didn't want her to think that he thought she was incompetent.

((OOC: My motherboard is finally fixed, I'll be on regularly now.))
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois

Tara Lollock

(OFF: Glad to have everyone back. http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'> )

"Die well!"

Julian

EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Korinas Dal

Korinas Dal entered the cargo bay, a smirk stretching over her oval face. Her first mission onboard the Iroquois. In both meanings of the sentence. For both factions. This made her fel powerful; and she'd always liked that feeling. She knew that power was a strong aphrodisiac, and that it simply was not for some people. But she was certain it was for her, because others had stated that before as well.

A man-a guard was standing in front of an area protected with forcefields. Commander Dal approached him. She noticed the eerie look he gave her, but disregarde it. He'd certainly been informed of the new XO-her; "Ensign. You are temporarily relieved of duty while Lieutenant Swift and I work on improving and upgrading the security of this package."

It was visible the Ensign did not like being ordered around by a Cardassian, but he had to obey, so he nodded his head and walked out of the room.

Making sure that nobody was around, Korinas climbed up to the console. Cardassians truly were masters of security, but they were also masters at avoiding security. With all the codes, it was a peace of cake, but Korinas was still careful. No mistakes were to be made. She masked the transmission she was about to make-no-one was going to be able to detect it. She had been doing such things since she'd finished the Academy.

Disabling the current security system with a few quick moves of her fingertips, the Cardassian did a scan of the package. The information all poured through the secure channel she'd established. She kept her eyes on the timer. Ten...five...two...transfer completed. Korinas erased all the logs and all the traces of it ever happening, quickly placing the security systems back on. Checking the sensors, she saw that she had not been detected and that her transmission had not been intercepted.

As if nothing had happened, she began checking the scurity systems, looking for ways to upgrade them.

OFF: Hehe, my first task on this ship completed... http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'> If you want to, you can discover my true role later...but I really wouldn't like Korinas to fail her first task and be court-martialed right away. I thought that should happen a few missions later LOL