• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 2 : The Battle of Deep Space 12

Started by Peter Svensson, October 17, 2003, 04:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw

OFF: I wont be able to post as often, my uni is blocking this site http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':('>
Huw Smith
Starfleet Intelligence
One Man Army

Maguid Velotian

*Maguid Velotian (recently assigned onto the USS Phoenix) walks onto the bridge familiarising himself with his new surroundings and crew, unaware of their current mission and predicament.*

*He looks in confusion at the erratic movements of the crew on the bridge...everyone appears to be panicking, unaware that he has just walked in.  He walks away from the lift and beside secluded area of the bridge onto which there is a reflective panel behind him;  
His clothes were not that of Starfleet, as he refused to wear the colours of all that do not bear his heritage. He is Romulan by birth, but had lived much of his life on a Federation starbase, under the gentle guidance of Starfleet, and the harsh upbringing of his father, from whom he had learnt much of his morals. His hair short and finely cut revealed his long Romulan ears for all to see. His body was muscular, yet finely tuned, and his complexion was dark, uncommon to Rumulans. His blue and black uniform, similar to that of Starfleets covered his whole body, straightening his posture*

*As a crew member shouts in frustration, he realises something of danger/importance is occurring, and decides not to intervene and get in the way of the crew. Instead he casually leans on the wall behind him, and views the actions of the crew, trying to determine their current problem and also judging each individual on their training/how they're countering the problem. --   A lieutenant by the name of Mason attracts his eye.......*

Maguid Velotian - Science Officer
USS Lothlorien

Alexei Chekov

OFF: You have my OK, Mr. Mason. Since Mr. Shermin will be out for a while you'll respond for the helm until he returns. After that perhaps we can find a more active position for you, if you like.
Alexei Chekov
----------------------------------
XO - USS Phoenix

Alexei Chekov

*Chekov, Brooks and Velotian arrive at the computer core, a dark room lit only by a few strands of light that escape from the isolinear clusters. They come of the maintenance tube through which they crawled in and adjust their uniforms*

All right men. Let's do this as quick as possible, since we don't want to be noticed.

Brooks, I need you to look through those clusters there. *points to a group of large arrays of isolinear processors and memory banks* If Starfleet didn't change their core design since last year they should be the ones responsible for life support and all the routine station controls. I want you to get into it, change all the codes and send them to Admiral Vorak. Your priority should be to restore power to sickbay and C&C, should you detect any other critical problems, deal with them... I know you're not an engineer but I think your records show that you can hack into a computer core better than any gearhead... *smiles and pats Brooks on the back*

Mr. Velotian, help me to open this cluster here. It's where all recent operations are logged. Officially the logs are erased every four days, unless something goes wrong, but unofficially I can tell you that we'll find some interesting things here...

Should we encounter any files encrypted by Romulans I trust you would be able to help me, right?

*begins opening an access pannel on the side of a cluster a bit smaller than the one Brooks is working on*

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Alexei Chekov

*gestures to the door, signaling for the Director to go first*

I'm right behind you sir.

Mr. Brooks, you have the bridge. Tell Mr. Mason to get us out of here asap. Turn on the phase cloaking and use the transwarp to put some distance between us and this sector. Take us to the sector we were before this whole incident then drop back to normal space and stand by, on regular cloaking.

Ask engineering to deliver a complete report to me as fast as they can. I want to know if we'll have to stop for repairs...

OFF: I'll open the ready room thread, sir.

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Peter Svensson

=^= USS Phoenix to Task Force Fleet =^=

This is Director Svensson. We are sent to accompany you, by direct orders of Starfleet. We are here to assist your Task Force Fleet, and to ensure that it will be brought to a good end. I am sure we will cooperate well.

You will be judged, the way you judge...
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Svensson.gif" border="0">

Alexei Chekov

Indeed, sir... *Very* spontaneous...

As I was comming back I had a chance to take an update on the personel files. Didn't Mr. Huw attend a court martial hearing some time ago? *sighs* I just hope he doesn't kill anyone unless his life's at stake.

*turns to the tactical officer*

Tactical, what's the status of the fleet? Any new messages?

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Alexei Chekov

Come about Mr. Brooks. Target those two carrier vessels. Aim at their launching bays. Full spread as usual.

Meanwhile use our point defence phasers to help that small ship over there. It looks like it took more than it could face...

*points to the Evolution, being pursued by 11 fighters*

Cloak us after you're done, Mr. Brooks.

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Becker

Lt Commander Becker
CMO- USS. Phoenix

Max Brooks

SIT DOWN!!

Mason, we have to find out what that ship is. Can you run a full diagnosic?

OFF: Welcome aboard, Maguid. http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

Max Brooks
Chief Tactical Officer
USS. Phoenix

Alexei Chekov

With all due respect Mr. Velotian... I'm not sure you should be left alone with the prisioners.

I don't doubt that the Romulan Star Empire is now a worthy ally to the Federation, but, well... Who knows what you may tell them not to tell us, right?

I'm sure you'd do the same if put in my position, so I ask you to cooperate and let us conduct the interrogation together.

If you disagree then you can proceed with your interrogation as you want to, but I'll register my protest and send it to the Romulan Embassy, as I assume you have some diplomatic status in order to be here.

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Huw

*coughs* Down my back, sharp pain...

*Becker rolls Huw over to reveal a large gash down his back, blood oozez from the Batleth wound that Huw got when fighting the Romulan Commander*

Is it bad doc?

OFF: Oh yes it is... Think life threatening... Act fast, act now...

Huw Smith
Starfleet Intelligence
One Man Army

Peter Svensson

After Becker and Huw were dropped off at the JAG department, Peter Svensson returned to the bridge and addressed his fellow officers.

"Well, with the unexpected JAG hearing, it looks like you'll be stuck with me a little longer." *grin* "But I intend to keep your lives interesting. I received direct orders from Intelligence, that we are to join a Task Force Fleet that is heading to station Deep Space 12 as we speak.

Allow me to explain the situation.
Deep Space 12 is a Starfleet outpost deeper into the Delta Quadrant, even past Starphoenix Base. This station has been captured, however, by Romulans. Not Romulans working for the Romulan Star Empire, but of some sort of coalition, exiled from the Empire. Even so, the Star Empire does not bother too much to get rid of them, so Starfleet got stuck with them. Needless to say, as always, Starfleet must have messed up big time and couldn't prevent these Romulans to capture their station Deep Space 12. How that is possible to begin with, don't ask. And now, they have gathered together a fleet of ships to take the station back. A mission that will utterly fail, and Intelligence knows this. So we are asked to help them out, and make sure that we get rid of those Romulans... whatever the cost.
This mission is VERY important. Those Romulans reside on one of our own outposts, and may crack the access to the Federation's most secret file databases. This is a huge threat, and one that needs to be eliminated. After all, that is our job. We must eliminate whatever may pose a danger to Starfleet and the Federation, even if that means 'forgetting' about some of the rules.

We will join the Task Force Fleet as any other normal ship, and presume to follow commands of the admiral who commands it - Admiral Karelia is his name - but we must NOT forget the mission behind the mission on this. We must not forget that they WILL fail, if we do not intervene when necessary. It may become necessary to ignore their orders, and do the opposite, if that means succeeding in eliminating this Romulan threat. So when I give you an order that opposes their orders, do not hesitate, you know what to do. The safety of Starfleet and the Federation is at stake - once more.
Did I make myself clear to everyone?"

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Svensson.gif" border="0">

Peter Svensson

OFF: lets assume we have now reached the fleet, to speed up things a little bit. To read activities of the other ships in the fleet, you can read the USS Evolution forum in Avalon Division, and USS Sequoia forum in Omega Division.

After a few hours, the fleet comes in sight.

"Ahh, there they are. Bring us closer, and hail them."

Peter Svensson

*looks at Chekov*

"Well, you have to admit, Mr. Huw is one very spontaneous officer."