• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 2 : The Battle of Deep Space 12

Started by Peter Svensson, October 17, 2003, 04:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw

Huw Smith
Starfleet Intelligence
One Man Army

Peter Svensson

While the USS Evolution is being surrounded by Romulan warbirds and suffers heavy damage, the SEV Paladin takes as last ship position in the battle formation, and heads toward the Romulan ships... Soon the Paladin opens fire, causing some considerable damage to a few Romulan ships, until one of the warbirds decides to hunt the Paladin down. Having a warbird on her tail, the Paladin sets immediate course to some other Romulan warbird formation.
This may have seemed a suicide maneuvre, but it was not so: the Romulan warbird on the Paladin's back could not open fire without risking to hit one of their own ships, and the Romulan warbird formation in front had the same problem. Besides, the Romulan formation was already occupied with the USS Evolution.
The SEV Paladin then makes  the mistake, however, to head inside the Romulan formation, as the USS Evolution just decides to head out of it, and the two ship barely miss each other... and while the USS Evolution retreats, the SEV Paladin now finds itself surrounded by four powerful Romulan warbirds...
You will be judged, the way you judge...
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Svensson.gif" border="0">

Peter Svensson

"We can always use a helping hand in these circumstances, Mr. Shermin. Scan for possible cloaked Romulan vessels, because clearly there are far more out there of them, than they want to let us know..."
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Svensson.gif" border="0">

Peter Svensson

Svensson and Chekov arrive on the bridge again...

"Report status!" Svensson says as he walks up to his chair.

Alexei Chekov

You're right sir.

Helm, let's get into the fight once more! Tactical, get ready to decloak on my command... You know the drill: Decloak, strike their weapons systems and cloak again...

Alexei Chekov
----------------------------------
XO - USS Phoenix

Max Brooks

Aye sir. I will open fire when we are in range. Weapons ready.
Max Brooks
Chief Tactical Officer
USS. Phoenix

Vorak

=^= Admiral Vorak to the Task Force Fleet =^=
Congratulations on your achievement. You have all fought more than commendable. The station, however, is still not fully under our control. I have lowered the station's shields from the engineering department. Please form away teams and beam down on several locations, so that we can retake control of Deep Space 12 easier and faster, and force the remaining Romulans to surrender.
=^= Vorak out =^=
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Peter Svensson

"I am eager to get on as well, Mr. Mason. I dislike sitting here as much as you do. Let's check out what the away team is up to."

=^= Svensson to away team =^=
What is your status? When can you beam back aboard?
=^= Svensson out =^=

*Salutes Svenson*

I am Reporting For Duty Sir. Lets get those romulam scum

Alexei Chekov

OFF: Requesting to be reintegrated to the crew as XO, sir. I'll be able to post more or less once a day, every day... More on the weekends... Much more, I hope...
Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Huw

OFF: I think becker would be better as CO, cos MO is the most boring job, at the mo.

===^===
Sir, i am fully armoured, and i am trying a new type of armour pioneered by starfleet, you know, the
spandithrilex (OFF: Span-dif-ril-ex)

OFF: Its like that cool armour that Voyager gets at the end, but its man portable...

I am ready for boarding actions...

Huw Smith
Starfleet Intelligence
One Man Army

Peter Svensson

*shifts uneasily in his seat, becoming slightly impatient*

"Mr. Brooks, tap into all communication signals of the other ships of our fleet, and monitor them for any significant information. Of course, don't let them know we're listening."

Alexei Chekov

The Evolution's safe... Mr. Brooks, what's the Paladin's status?

*looks at the ships on the viewscreen*

Put us right there, Mr. Brooks! *points to a spot closer to the Paladin, across the Romulan lines* Fire our way through if you have to.

Get ready to cloak us as soon as are within 10 km of the romulans. I want them to wonder where we have gone for a while before we strike again...

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Max Brooks

The Paladin is okay, I think. Cloaking...

*The Phoenix disappears and the rumulans begins scanning*

Ha ha. Losers...:)

Standing by with phasers and torpedoes, sir.

Max Brooks
Chief Tactical Officer
USS. Phoenix

Mason

Huw you there? Come in Huw. *Mason waits eagerly for a response*
Dam we lost our only contact with DS12.

*Mason begins to rush around in a mad panic*
Maguid I'll have to get back to you on that handshake.

*Mason grabs the nearest terminal to him*
I am putting the unknown vessel on the view screen, sir.
And I am running a full scan of the... dam its shields are up. The information from this scan will be limited.

*Mason glances up into the view screen for a second*
Whao, no way. Where did a vessel of this size come from without showing upon on our sensors?

*Flashing sounds start emitting from Mason's terminal*
The scan is complete, but it's rather inconclusive, our sensors aren't strong enough.

The results I got back sate that its weapons where recently fired, and that debris out there is the remains Romulan War Bird. I am predicting that the War Bird fired on this unknown vessel and it retaliated, with extreme fire-power.
There's one more thing sir. I don't recognise this ships design. It's probably an alien specie that we haven't encountered yet.

Sir, the sensors on DS12 are far more powerful. If someone can get into the Astro-Metrics lab in the station then I am confident the scan results will be far more detailed.

Lt Mason -
*Awaiting a ship*