• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Captain's Ready Room 2

Started by Alexei Chekov, December 20, 2003, 10:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Svensson

"Yes, perhaps the raid would be a good way, but I'd like to keep that option for in case the other options fail. If we walk in there and simply request the materials we need, with a good excuse, they will not likely check on our profiles. And if they decide to do so anyway, what's the harm? I have access to the most restricted areas Starfleet's databanks, I can choose perfectly what they will see when they search for our names. I can even make it seem as if admiral Vorak officially ordered himself for us to pick up those materials. They would never know. All we need is an excuse that we need those materials for."
You will be judged, the way you judge...
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Svensson.gif" border="0">

Peter Svensson

OFF: who was our chief engineer before?

"Very well, let's get to work then."
*Svensson and Chekov leave the ready room.*

OFF: continues in new topic.

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Svensson.gif" border="0">

Alexei Chekov

*The Director walks in followed by Cmdr. Chekov, who sits on the chair after the Director has taken his*

I expect everything was done to your satisfaction sir. I'm sorry about Mr. Velotian's injure, but I was just telling him to be careful when it happened...

Alexei Chekov
----------------------------------
XO - USS Phoenix

Alexei Chekov

In this case I believe we've just left the excuse some lightyears behind us... They know that DS 12 was attacked... They also know it'll need repair material...

We can ask for all we need and say it's for the station. They aren't likely to find that suspicious and if they do we'll just put a smoke curtain between us.

We could even deliver some of the material to the station, in case they talk to the folks on DS12 about it...

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Peter Svensson

"We hav accomplished that what we came for, Mr. Chekov. I am pleased with the results. The rest consists only of easy jobs now, that regular Starfleet officers can handle without needing us. But that is not why I ordered the U.S.S. Phoenix away from the station, or why I wanted to talk to you in my office."
*He leans back in his chair and straightens his grey uniform.*
"Starfleet Intelligence has finally been convinced about the importance of this sector. Apparently, Mr. Sloan found a way to convince them that our presence here neesd to be more thoroughly established. After all, we are far away from Earth, and we will not always be able to count on our comrades in the Alpha Quadrant to help us, if the need is dire. In fact, we are completely on our own. Therefore, Starfleet Intelligence has approved the decision to construct a secret base for our activities. Now don't underestemate this task, because it will not be very easy. This station should not be able to be discovered, either by accident or for any curious onlooker. The base may NEVER be discovered under any circumstances. That is why I have opted for a base to be constructed inside an asteroid. In fact, the asteroid field of the Dark Passage is the perfect place for this plan, the asteroid field is so large that we would almost be undetectable. There are so many asteroids it would take anyone an immense long time to figure out which one hides our base, and the asteroid field itself reflects sensor readings as well, keeping our location secure and hidden. But to accomplish that, we will need building materials we don't have on our own. That is why we should go to Starphoenix Base, a Starfleet planetary base on Dantor, not very far from the Dark Passage. According to my databank, they have large supplies of equipment we need to build our asteroid base. So that's where we'll get it, but we have one problem... they may NEVER suspect what we are to do with the materials we're requesting from them. And I'm sure they will ask questions, but they may never find out it is because of a secret asteroid base. What do you suggest we do, Mr. Chekov?"

Peter Svensson

"Magnificent! Yes, that will be the plan! I suggest you start making a list of all the materials and equipment we'll need. Any other questions so far?"

Alexei Chekov

Hum... Tough job...

*leans on his chair*

We can't just stop by and beam all aboard. We also can't erase everyone's memories...

I see only two ways of getting this: We can either ask them politely pretendig to be a regular starfleet vessel on a fake mission or we could steal it from them...

The regular starfleet cenario has one big problem... If they check our story later they'll eventualy discover our lie.

Stealing the materials from them could be done indirectly. We could "convince" some pirates to raid the station and later we'd intercept them and get what they took from the station. We wouldn't even need to intercept them if we "bought" the cargo from them... This however is not good, since we'd have to pay a lot of latinum...

I'd say that the raid is the best way to get it without raising suspicion, but it's your call sir.

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Alexei Chekov

No sir. I'll call a meeting with our engineering crew so that they can establish what materials we will need and I'll inform you as soon as all is ready.

I ordered Mr. Mason to get us back to the sector we were before the DS12 incident. I think it'd be wise fo us to just lay here for some time while we repair the ship.

OFF: Do we still have a character playing the Chief Engineer?

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix