• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

XO's office meeting

Started by Alexei Chekov, March 31, 2003, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexei Chekov

There is, however, a problem, sir. As soon as we hail Vontak Nor, the Cardassians here will notice our presence. Perhaps the only way of contacting them safely would be to exit the system.
Alexei Chekov
----------------------------------
XO - USS Phoenix

Alexei Chekov

*grins* That's why you're the boss... And of course we could play with the Cardassian excessive pride and their need to prove themselves better than the Federation.

I guess offering a dinner on board our ship would be a nice thing to do... Especially if at the time you were "ill", sir... So that you would be able to sneak in and no one would miss you.

Also, we could always arrange for a group of rogue Loxians to attack them while we are there... A group of well funded Loxians, of course... *grins once more*

So, let's tell helm to lay a course to the dark passage and tactical could prepare an unmarked shuttle for a rendezvous with Loxians, if we have to.

*stands up*

Well... It's time for action sir.

*goes out of the office after the Director*

(Edited by Alexei Chekov at 4:30 pm on April 1, 2003)

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Rugal

No we cant. I have been given command of every cardassian man woman and child in the Delta quadrant, so they have to obey me...

Rugal

If their outlaws they should be hanged... Let me talk to them, and if that dont work, let me... deal with them...

Alexei Chekov

*enters the room after Director Svensson*

Please, take a seat, sir.

*points to a chair on the conference desk*

Computer, display all the data I have requested.

*turns a computer screen to himself and another to the Director*

*reads for some time*

So, sir, what do you think?

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Peter Svensson

"Yes, this is a dilemma indeed. During my long years in the different secret departments of Intelligence, I have learned that often one can achieve more by operating on his own, than by allowing others to interfere too.
What I mean is... right now the Cardassians don't know we are here... so we have the element of surprise. They think we are not here, and so they will not try to hide things from us, which they would do without a doubt if they knew of our presence.
If we contact Vontak Nor and they know about this, definitely they will warn these Cardassians here and our element of surprise is gone.
If Vontak Nor does not know about this, they may still decide to warn these Cardassians, even if they don't tell us so.

And contacting Starfleet Command... what will they do? They're just a bunch of bureaucrats that need years to make a decision. It is people like us here who are sent secretly throughout the galaxy, to set things right and ensure its safety before anyone even will have a chance to know there was ever a danger. And if Starfleet Command decides to do something about it, it would be people like us they would send anyway, so we might as well do the job while we're at it, and not wait for Starfleet Command until it's too late!"

*Svensson needed to calm down and took a few deep breaths. There was a short silence, and he was drown in thoughts for long moments. Then he spoke up again*

"If we could somehow find out what Vontak Nor knows and doesn't know, without giving away that we know about it too... but a thing like that can't be done over subspace. We need to meet those Cardassians at Vontak Nor personally. How far are we off from Vontak Nor and the Dark Passage?"

You will be judged, the way you judge...
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Svensson.gif" border="0">

Peter Svensson

"I don't know if these Loxians can be trusted. Records tell they are most violent and hostile, and are not open to reason so far.  We might finding ourselves backstabbed in the end, perhaps.  But then again, risks exists to be taken.  Let's do it!"

*Svensson leaves the room and returns to the bridge too*

OFF: continues back in the mission topic now.

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Svensson.gif" border="0">

Peter Svensson

"Then what do you propose we should do about the situation? Surely we can't let them continue like this."

Peter Svensson

"We have to keep the possibility in mind that they are outlaws, and dont intend to take orders from any Cardassian offical at all. They might be exiles from the Cardassian Union, and in that case, it means we WILL face resistance. But then again, this ship is capable of handling a blow, so I suppose we try to talk to them first before going to aggressive action.
But we have to keep one thing in mind before everything else: the safety of the local population. They have been done harm more than enough, and we should not make it worse."

Peter Svensson

*reads thoughtfully the informations*

"I have heard about Cardassian activity in the Dark Passage, my informants had told me they have a station there called Vontak Nor.  But we are still quite some distance away from the Dark Passage and what this information tells me, these Cardassians appear not to work together with the ones of Vontak Nor. In fact, one doesn't know about the presence of the other even. Their Intelligence is clearly lacking, compared to ours.
Perhaps these Cardassians here are not even working for Central Command, but are similar to what Starfleet once called the Maquis, and they prefer to occupy planets like they once did with Bajor. Do I understand that correctly?"

Alexei Chekov

If we use the transdimensional warp, maybe minutes, but we wouldn't want Vontak Nor to see us emerging from a dimensional rift, would we? O regular warp speed... *taps some commands on his desk's computer terminal* Seven hours on warp 9 and a day and a half if we go on warp 5. I suggest warp 9, sir.

And we will, of course, use our phase cloaking and drop it as soon as we approach sensor range on Vontak Nor. It'd be best for us if they didn't find out about the cloaking too...

But what shall we say once we arrive there? How can we lure them to tell us what we want and, most important, what will be our cover? Exploration vessel?

Alexei Chekov
XO - USS Phoenix

Rugal

Let me speak to them first. They might listen to me, after all, I AM the highest cardassian officer in this quadrant. If that dont work... Let me... convince them anyway...

Rugal

Rouge cardassians or not, they know better then to kill or capture me or any of you. We can get ships here within a week or less.

But ok, what do u propose?

Peter Svensson

"Ok then, phasers are not a good option. Perhaps we can beam the Cardassian population from the surface at once, and lock them in a cargo bay on our ship?"

Huw

Sir, we have arrived at the planet, i have been training extensively in this terrain (off: which is?)

i have my two custom build hand phasers, an extended range phase rifle with scope, several photonic grenades and my good old katana (off:ninja sword)

lets go....

Off: :biggrin:

Huw Smith
Starfleet Intelligence
One Man Army