• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

"Beyond the Veil"

Started by Legudon, March 24, 2008, 05:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legudon

Master Legudon - Starfleet Wardroom, Starbase Avalon

"This is absolutely correct. And to that end, I have taken the liberty of sending messages to the governments of every major galactic power. All of them were previously aware of the Na'jigat threat, and when I informed them of this latest imminent attack, not one refused to volunteer aid. The Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, and Delta Alliance have dispatched fleets to Gallifrey. The Borg have sent several cubes as well, and the Founders of the Dominion have even volunteered a fleet of Jem'Hadar warships, which has already exited the Bajoran wormhole and is en route to Gallifrey as we speak."

Legudon's proud tone became much more serious. "This is the largest jointly assembled fleet in the history of this galaxy, and I must warn you all that we may still find ourselves outnumbered. The Heraani space fleet is one of the most expansive I've ever seen. Admiral, if I might be so bold, your forces wold benefit from a commander that has seen the most experience with the Heraan. I recommend Taurik as your temporary commodore."
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Head of the Gallifreyan Sentinel Caste

Julian

Admiral Julian - Station Avalon Ops

It seems everything is nearly set then.

=^=Admiral Julian to Captain Janeway=^=
What is your report? Have you finished the installing the devices throughout the fleet?

*Julian was making his comm to the captain while making his way to his personal shuttle bay.*
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Voyager

(OOC: Unfortunately no, as my parents will very likely not pay a monthly fee to play a game and also due to my fear of becoming addicted to the game http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'> )

Lieutenant Dolan - Bridge, USS Normandy

As Dolan starred at the other fleet ships, he began to wonder if he would be able to construct a prototype shuttlecraft that employed the kinetic weaponary he was thinking of.  The shuttle would then be able to utilize the entire range of Dolan's knowledge of technology, most of which was superior to what Dolan had access to.  After pondering on this idea for a while, Dolan shelved it for discussion after the battle at Gallifrey.  Dolan then cleared his mind and began trying to figure out a way the marines could be used strategically in the upcoming battle.
William "Voyager" Dolan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
U.S.S. Normandy
Chief Science Officer
http://www.expansionfleet.com/ships/ambassador2.gif" border="0">
Ambassador class specs: http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html" target="_blank">http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html

Raszagal

(OFF: I need to break up your post to respond to it correctly.)

Private Raszagal - Marine Hangar Bay, U.S.S. Normandy

The colonel looked surprised. "So your saying the buildings are of no importance to save? but the people are?. Hmmmmmm, then we need to protect the people."

"Colonel," Raszagal replied, "everything is of importance to save. This is my home we're talking about. I simply meant that most of them have no strategic value."

"We will need to move everyone of your people who isnt willing to fight down to a bunker of some kind.  I need to know entrance points into the enclaves? are they connected to each other? What are these predators like? Will the Heraan need to go through a surface entrance first before going down to the enclaves?.  Things like these I need to know." Balkazar told Raszagal.

"All of my people are willing to fight," she said, somewhat defiantly. "Over the countless millenia, it's what we've been raised for, to combat the Na'jigat. If those details are so important, however, I'll prepare a report on all of the enclaves on the northern continent."

Balkazar lowered his voice. "As for your hesitation, I understand fully.  But you need to understand we are allies, you should trust me more, after all we will be defending your homeland.  If we fail here then the entire universe pays for it after all.  As for your guilt dont feel guilty, its in the past and you had no choice unless you intentionally told the Heraan then the guilt will be with you till the day you die.  Thats the one of the many things you have in common with us mere humans." the colonel added.

"That's not making me feel better about it, colonel. I did do it intentionally. I would give anything to take it back, but I can't blame it on any sort of mind control or torture. By the time I told them what they wanted, it wasn't to appease them, it was because I believed they were the better cause. Sure, they tortured me at first, but in the end, I didn't blame them. They had me believing it was something they were forced to do. I believed myself to have been deluded. Now I see that I was always right in the first place, and it was them that deluded me. But the damage is done, and all I can do now is give my best effort to stopping what I helped unleash."
Major Raszagal, Starfleet Marines 17th Battalion
Templar of the Gallifreyan Order

Simon Rajnus

Captain Rajnus -Bridge, USS Normandy

"Helm pull out of the hot zone, Dolan get repair teams going NOW!" Rajnus yelled over the fire and sparks that were flying everywhere as they were hit by several torpedo's.  "Helm set course for the closest moon and get as many of those Heraan bastards to follow us.  Full phaser spread.  We are going to see if they can pull off a sling shot maneuver around the moon, that should give us time to recharge our shields a little bit.  Transfer all personel to the critical decks and reroute power to the shields." Rajnus ordered as he sat in his command chair.
http://images.snapfish.com/3423435523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3247%3E%3A53%3E452%3EWSNRCG%3D323276%3C335%3A%3B8nu0mrj" border="0">

Voyager

Lieutenant Dolan - Outskirts of Antioch, Gallifrey

As Dolan and the Council members reached the Admirals' location, a Pelican decended to meet with them.  It remained hovering several feet from the ground for a rapid take off.  The Admirals charged inside, firing at nearby Heraan as they did so.  Next came the Council members and Dolan's team.  As Dolan ran to the ship, however, a Heraan jumped into the ship.  The Pelican's crew was able to dispose of him rather quickly but the Pelican began taking off.

Dolan jumped as the Pelican began to ascend, managing to catch the edge of the boarding zone with the tips of his fingers.  After adjusting his grip, he pulled himself up and into the Pelican.  Dolan turned and took a look at the battlefield below the Pelican as the Pelican sped up, heading for the marine encampment.  The Admirals, Dolan's team, and Dolan himself, managed to fire a few shots at several Heraan below them.  The Pelican also opened fire several times at clusters of Heraan.  However, the Pelican was out of the combat zone in a matter of minutes and all weapons fire ceased as the Pelican approached the marine encampment.
William "Voyager" Dolan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
U.S.S. Normandy
Chief Science Officer
Ambassador class specs: http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html" target="_blank">http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html

Taurik

Master Taurik - Citadel of Adun

Taurik and Ar'Krakh were locked in deadly combat, neither able to gain a decided advantage over the other. Their battle felt as if it had already lasted an eternity, but in reality had been occurring for only a few moments. Taurik could feel the rage in Ar'Krakh's attacks, but kept an emotional calm while he parried, counter-attacked, evaded, lunged, and dove.

The constant focus, the immense pressure and reliance Taurik placed on every moment of his training until this point, had not prepared him for the sensations he was beginning to feel. It was as if his perceptions were expanding by the second, and it became easier and easier to predict Ar'Krakh's movements. Taurik, in the midst of an attack, drew his second khala and began to press his attack at the Heraani warmaster. His perceptions began to swell, and it seemed that he could feel the entire room as if it were his own body. He recognized the feeling, and restrained himself before he expanded too far, as he had done aboard the Sanctity once before. But it was this expanded perception, a feeling of all things around him, that caused him to feel the sudden defeat and death of Legudon as if it had been his own heart that had been impaled. He staggered, almost allowing Ar'Krakh to get the better of him before he isolated his mind from the pain. But it was this pain, this sense of loss, that gave him additional focus. Legudon had been slain, making their victory even more essential. As a former apprentice himself of the late master, he still felt a special connection, as if Legudon had been his Gallifreyan father in this double life Taurik led.

And now, he could sense the mind of Lieutenant Dolan, desperately attempting to combat one of the most powerful Heraan in existence, one who had been able to best the mighty Master Legudon. Taurik sensed the lieutenant trying to utilize his only chance for survival; the weapon of his own fallen master. Unknown to the lieutenant, however, khalai were only activated when psionic energy is channeled through the shard of Khaydarin crystal at the core of the weapon. Taurik used his expanded perception to reach out to the weapon and spare a small amount of his own energy, with the hope that somehow, Dolan could take care of the rest.
Captain Taurik
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Rivendell - NCC-84540-B

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/starfleetcross.gif" border="0">http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/redcrest.gif" border="0">
Member of the Gallifreyan Sentinel Caste

Event Horizon

(OFF: Doing a little bit of ending narration here, since to fully finish the wrap-ups would take another few weeks in-game.)

Epilogue

Taurik of Vulcan, Starfleet captain and Senior Master of the Gallifreyan Order, became the first telepath in the several million years to ascend beyond the mortal plane. The sheer power channelled through him during the union of minds sparked by the Chalice of Adun, caused his consciousness to expand until his body could no longer contain it. It was then that he merged with the entity called "Nil'kemorya", a collective consciousness comprised of every telepath that had ascended before.

After the death of Master Legudon, and Taurik's ascension, the remainder of the Gallifreyan Council held one final meeting. This meeting was the one that disbanded the Gallifreyan Order, it's existence no longer necessary after the destruction of the Na'jigat. No longer wishing or able to cling to their secretive, clandestine ways, the newly formed Gallifreyan Union established official borders and declared it's sovereignty. The Union's first action under this new banner was to extend offers of alliance to most major powers in the galaxy, including the United Federation of Planets, the Klingon Empire, the Romulan Star Empire, and the Delta Alliance. Master Techerakh, Templar Raszagal, and Sentinel Alexia, all former remnants of the Order, were asked to serve on the Gallifreyan Senate, comprised mostly of former masters and high ranking warriors. By unanimous vote, Techerakh was elected as the Arbiter of the Gallifreyan Union.

Upon returning to Starbase Avalon, Admiral Karelia was shocked to learn that Vorak had already given his report to Flag Admiral Paris on Earth, and Starfleet Command's reply had arrived. They gave notice that the three top admirals on Avalon were being reassigned, and that Admiral Julian was to take over as the fleet commander of the Avalon Sector.

According to Paris, the Delta Alliance had managed to re-establish a connection with the original prototype null-space-catapult, constructed by Tash, now a councillor in the Alliance government. This provided the Delta Alliance an opportunity, one they decided to share with the Federation, given the fact that Tash was aided greatly in the construction of the prototype by none other than Captain Kathryn Janeway of the U.S.S. Voyager. Starfleet and the Delta Alliance began plans to co-develop that area of space, deep within the Delta Quadrant, starting with the construction of a forward starbase, the first permanent settlement that deep in the Delta Quadrant, by either nation. Admirals Vorak, Karelia, and Rellek were chosen to lead the development of that region, and to assist in the creation of such a remote outpost, Starfleet contracted the Delta Alliance to construct a small relay of null-space catapults throughout Federation space, all linking to each other, with the Avalon catapult linking to both the Sol counterpart and the deep-space prototype. In the interest of exploration, Starfleet naturally commissioned a new starship to help lead the expansion efforts in that area of space.

--THE END--

Read here: http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=166;st=0;&#entry1" target="_blank">Announcement of New Website

Vorak

Flag Admiral Vorak - Avalon Station Conference Room

"Mr. Legudon, if I were to refuse the aid of Starfleet in this battle, then I would decrease your chances of defeating the Na'jigat and the Heraan forces. As a result of this, Starfleet would still be facing the enemies as well, but then without the help of Gallifrey and the other powers of this galaxy. It would therefore only be logical that Starfleet should fight alongside the Gallifreyans and its other allies; after all, I have not forgotten the help of the Gallifreyans during the Battle of Avalon. Mr. Legudon, I hereby place the fleet of Expansion under the command of Captain Taurik, acting commodore of the fleet."
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Tigerlead

OOC: First my appologies... had some real life issues and was sick too... and my computer died http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':('>
IC: Ensign Tigerlead - Aboard Avalon Station
Tigerlead was happy he managed his way out of the battlecruiser and onto AValon Station and he was cruising around trying to find his CO... Suddently he heard Captain Taurik's message and thought to himself... ~ Just great as soon as i manage to get aboard the station i need to get aboard a ship... oh well it's not all bad at least i got a ship to serve on http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'> ~ he called up the computer and asked for direction to the Radiant Thunder, following the direction Tigerlead made his way around the station and onto the new ship... he walked to the bridge and faced Captain Taurik and said: "Ensign Tigerlead reporting as ordered, sir!"
Ensign Tigerlead
Security Officer
USS Rivendell

Balkazar

Col Balkazar - USS Normandy - Marine Hanger Bay

"I know your species is older then us humans, but what im saying from a tactical point of view is that, if the Heraan attack, we will not beable to save the buildings.  Buildings can be rebuilt, lives can't.  If your people die who will be around to prevent the Heraan and their Nij'gat masters from invading our galaxy?.  No one because your people will be dead.  Dead people cant rebuild buildings.  Memories of your species will be lost and entire culture will be destroyed because we chose to protect buildings over the people.  Your people are our first priority to save not the buildings.  Can you understand that?.  Im sure if Master Legudon or your master was here they would agree with me." Balkazar said openly then paused for a moment.

"Alright.  The buildings have no strategic value but that wont stop the heraan from destroying them.  What we need is some way of slowing them down.  How many possible landing zones that can be used to mass millions of troops are on the planet? How can we use your homeworld's terrain to our tactical advantage?" Balkazar asked.
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8804/balkazaridcopyso3.jpg" border="0">

Tara Lollock

Captain Lollock - Main Bridge USS Iroquois

"Aye Admiral. Commander Dal, Prepare the system and target. Fire at the Admirals' command."
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Taurik

Commodore Taurik - CO's Office, Flagship Radiant Thunder

"The Normandy's marines will be sent to the surface of Gallifrey, captain. If I recall correctly, they will be the first humans to set foot on that world. I apologize, Mr. Rajnus, but I must attend to my duties. If you have any further questions, I'm sure Admirals Karelia or Julian can field your requests. En Taro Adun, captain."

As Taurik ended the communications, he made a mental double-take at his closing sentiment. In the one hundred and three years since his birth, Taurik had always closed such a call with "live long and prosper". He was now absently using a Gallifreyan salute, one that gave honor to a long-deceased Gallifreyan he'd never met. It took him by surprise how much like a Gallifreyan he was becoming.
Captain Taurik
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Rivendell - NCC-84540-B

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/starfleetcross.gif" border="0">http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/redcrest.gif" border="0">
Member of the Gallifreyan Sentinel Caste

Alexia

<After the Council members were away, she rushed back into the fray dispatching several Heraan with cleaving arc's of her khala as she went and joined with the other templar and sentinals as they fought off the remaining Heraan's.  She did manage to yell loud enough to be heard by her masters though>

"Masters, the Council and the Admiral's are heading to safety or as safe as can be anyways.  I suggest we make a tactical retreat before more Heraan show up." Alexia said as she twirled low and cut off a Heraan from his feet, then impaled him through the heart with her khala.
http://www.cinematografo.it/cinematografo/allegati/2870/jessica_alba_2_230.jpg" border="0">

Voyager

Lieutenant Dolan - Citadel of Adun

Dolan entered the antechamber just as a Heraan plunged his blade into one of the Council members.  Upon seeing this, he realized he had just been extremely lucky and that the battle here was suicidal at best.  If the Council couldn't defeat these Heraan, what hope did the rest of them have?

Despite the hopelessness of it all, Dolan began firing at the Heraan that had just killed Legudon.  The Heraan was caught completely off guard, as it had just been savoring the kill of one of the highest members of the Gallifreyan Order.  However, it soon resumed a battle stance before knocking Dolan against the wall with a blast of psionic energy.  It charged before Dolan had a chance to recover, but Dolan managed to roll out of the way of the Heraan's swipe at his head.

In this whole situation, Dolan was at a complete disadvantage.  The phaser rifle wasn't designed for hand-to-hand combat, especially not when the enemy had psionic powers at their disposal.  Additionally, this was the first time he had to fight a Heraan in melee combat and it was just his luck that it had to be an elite Heraan swordsman that had a mastery of the blade.  On the other hand, the Heraan probably had hundreds of kills to his credit; how else could he have reached an elite Heraan status?  From what Dolan could see, they were serving as the bodyguards to the Heraan warmaster and it seemed probable that the warmaster would accept nothing but the best of the Heraan to serve as his bodyguards.  On top of all of this, Dolan was never truly trained for hand-to-hand combat.  Where he was from, it was unnecessary - the only options were to survive or to die in a nuclear explosion.  In any case, even if he found a more appropriate weapon, the Heraan still outmatched him in skill and strength.

Another swipe at Dolan's midsection brought his thoughts back to the problem at hand.  Dolan managed to leap out of the way, but he did not know how much longer he could last.  His eyes settled on Legudon's khala.  Dolan thought it was probably a violation of some sort to take a weapon from a deceased Gallifreyan, but he decided that the situation had to allow for an exception.

Dolan fended off another series of blows by the Heraan, with his phaser rifle breaking in two after the last blow.  Dolan tossed remains of the phaser rifle at the Heraan before breaking into a run for Legudon's crumpled body.  He was once again thrown off his feet by a psionic blast, so he overshot his target.  He switched direction as soon as he managed to get up.  The Heraan had lept into the air and was falling toward Dolan.  Dolan ducked under the Heraan just before it landed and managed to pry Legundon's khala from his lifeless hand before turning to face the Heraan again.
William "Voyager" Dolan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
U.S.S. Normandy
Chief Science Officer