• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 1: Ghosts in the Machine

Started by Vincent Garhart, March 02, 2006, 04:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Ransom

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

Kawolsky

*Kawolsky beams Garhart and Cook off Frontier Station and onto the Resilience*
Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor

James Madison

"That would make sense. It seems to know Admiral Starwind is Chief Engineer. Its trapped him possibly because he stands best chance to repair the damage."

Madison walks to the OPs Station.

"Do we have any other engineers that are available?"
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/dougherty_matthew.jpg" border="0">
Admiral - High Command
Avalon Station CO

Dean Starwind

*After realizing noone probly couldnt even hear him he ventures down the corridor and he reaches into his pocket to pull out a flash light from his toolbelt. He comes across another Jefferies Tube hatch and tries to open it...again locked. He continues down the corridor.*
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/ross_william.jpg" border="0">
Commander Dean Starwind
Executive Officer
Uss Rivendell- NCC-84540-B

Baphomet

Baphomet considers events for a while, she new they were dealing with some form of energy based lifeform, but the rerouting of power was the deciding factor.

"Actually Admiral there might be a way."

=A=Baphomet to Freeman=A=

"As the power is being rerouted to the main computer system, I semise we are dealing with a biomorphic lifeform that requires large amounts of electrical energy to reproduce, which is probably why it is in the Computer systems, so it's offspring can grow and learn.

This is only a supposition of course, but a similar entity has invaded Starfleet vessels' computer systems before, given to the human race's incessant need to store Gigaquads of information everywhere."

*Baphomet turns to the Admiral to see if any of her ideas register as making events that have happened thus far, plausible at all.*

"This will be dangerous and may not proove to be fruitful, but I believe this could be the less dangerous of solutions I have thought of at the moment."

"It requires someone to reroute the Main power bus manually to the EPS conduits in the Main Cargo Bay, then it is only a matter of connecting the stations auxilary Power requirements for lighting, Gravity and Life support to my Shuttle, the ZPE Converter should be able to power the station for a short period of time."

"Then it is a matter of emitting an Electro-Magnetic Pulse near the Main Computer core."

"Theoretically this might work, but in practicallity, the odds of this being successful is 55.793%, is this plausible Commander Freeman."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite her brilliant mind and being Vulcan, Baphomet always seemed to seek the approval of her peers.
A fact of her personality, that no matter of training and even Kholinar could not shake, the physical torture and constant mind-probes took it's toll and took a while to recover from.
Her recovery was painful and torture in itself, which was the cause of this deviant behavior to her usual logical self.
OOC: Sorry, I'm a consumate writer and the fact that I was bored.  http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>

Morgan Freeman

Freeman, Garhart, and Cook work for 5 minutes then coaxed the lifeform into entering the unit.  As soon as it enters the device Frontier's systems come back online.  

=A= Freeman to Ops =A=
The entity is in the storage unit and is ready for transport off the station.
=A= Freeman Out =A=
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/Jedi1701/MorganBanner.jpg" border="0">

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.   - Scotty

Baphomet

Lt. Commander Baphomet materializes in operations holding a Compression rifle, spots Admiral Ransom and moves over to talk to him.

"Admiral, I am Lt. Commander Baphomet of the USS Rivendell.
Sorry to have to do this Sir......"

Baphomet quickly puts her hand on the side of his face.
"My mind to your mind, your thoughts to my thoughts"
~I am Lt. Commander Baphomet from the USS Rivendell. I am using this mind-meld to tell you this, as I do not wish the corrupted Computer to know where my shuttle is, which is in the Main Cargo hold cloaked, Commander Freeman is in the Computer control room.~

~We are here to assist in anyway possible, sir, the USS Rivendell is currently 0.5 Light years from the Station ready to assist.~

Baphomet then breaks the mind meld and awaits his reply.

Weasly Cook

Cook is still walking around the deck, so far he couldn't get up nor down in deck levels, the turbo lifts were locked out to him and the jeffries tubes were sealed against him, he had sat down agianst one of the walls and seemed to have fallen asleep, but he was slowly moving towards an access hatch that so far was unlocked due to the status of the blinking lights next to the hatch, he was hoping to try and get off the deck, he felt that he had seen so much of it, by walking in a circle that he could reporduce a replica in his sleep most likely. So he was trying to get out and to a science monitor so as to get this all figured out.
For the twentith time Captain Smith, you are not to dart into the hallway.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

Weasly Cook

Over science control the computer relays a message, "Warning, Commander Cook, Captain Smith has breched your quarters and is en route to the lounge." This message repeated itself two time before playing classical music over the science control.

OOC:// just decieded to hint to things happening in places other then just ops. If you don't mind.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

Vincent Garhart

"I don't know what to think of this whole mess.   I wonder if the Windsor's computer is up enough to transfer partal control from the stations computer.   WHat do you think Admiral?"
Vincent Garhart
Lt. General

Weasly Cook

Cook's face turned as white as a ghost as he heard those dreaded words, he bolt right out of his chair and was absolutly horror stricken at thinking that borg drones were onboard the station... but then, he shook his haed, he just hoped that it was a another sensor glitch, but if not.... He right away went to a weapons locker and pulled out a type II phaser and set it on a rotation motulation, so as to get the most bang for buck agianst them.

Cook had done all this mainly on instict but now he was blinking in a way that showed he was surprised at his own action, however he still holsters the phaser and goes over to Ransom and picks up his data PADD, looks over one last time before handing it over to Ransom. "Admiral, the delivery system is all ready to go... but I think we should be accompied by a security detail... I don't want to take any chances of encountering Borg drones...." Cook visables shudders but he is now otherwise calm and collected, and was waiting to see what would be the next order of buisness.

Richard Ransom

Well while we wait for them to get to the Computer Core now how are going to get Mr.Starwin out of the tube, Any ideas Tom, James

Vincent Garhart

Garhart feels a little bit of regret for violating Tom's mind.  However, sends another message to his mind.

Tom, it has evolved into mulitple life forms.  They are willing to release starwind if he promisses not to kill them.  All they want is there own freedom.  The program Cook made will not work and they will not allow him near them.
Vincent Garhart
Lt. General

Richard Ransom

Thank you Commander, for that offer.

also Commander Vice Admiral Garhart  is in contact with them.

*then the Lights in Operations start to fade in and out*

*Richard Checks the Power Screen Screen*

We are starting to lose the Primary Tranmission Grid as all Power Systems are being transfered to the Primary and Secondary COmputer cores.

Commander, do you have any suggestions on how we can get the Power grid off COmputer control with out inputing command into the Computer.

*turns to a crewman*

Crewman, Do we still have Evacuation Protocols

Crewman:Aye Sir its a seperate System

Computer Evacuate all personal

*alarms when off*

But we will stay here if this works it will keep the computer busy

Baphomet

=A=Baphomet to Freeman=A=

"Commander I have completed the storage container, it is ready for transfer."