• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 4: "When Science Turns to Chaos"

Started by Julian, October 18, 2007, 08:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

"Excuse me Captain Bode, but I'll need several bodies to verify what happened, just to make sure the one that Colonel Balkazar is allowing me to keep wasn't just lucky."

Dolan then turned to the EMH and asked, "Could you help me conduct some scans of a few of these lifeforms?  I need to look through the station's logs to see what happened, and then I'll come back to help you."

The EMH replied with a confused nod and Dolan left it at that for the moment.  He walked over to one of the hallway panels and began looking through the logs.

Dolan was shocked at what happened.  He contacted the Lothlorien and reported, "Captain Bode, I was looking through the station's logs and, from what the logs said, the scientists here tested the rift generator about a week ago and the rift generator gave off a lethal dose of radiation.  The radiation hadn't been able to be contained and infected all of the scientists, who died before they could evacuate the station.  The radiation has since then disippated to more acceptable levels.  The wormlike organisms that we see attached to the bodies were just an experiment that wanted to live.  They seem to need the corpses to survive after their food at the lab they were being observed in had been used up.  I'm going to check with the EMH about what the wormlike organisms need from the bodies."

Dolan then returned to where the EMH was continuing his scans and helped him finish up.
William "Voyager" Dolan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
U.S.S. Normandy
Chief Science Officer
http://www.expansionfleet.com/ships/ambassador2.gif" border="0">
Ambassador class specs: http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html" target="_blank">http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/ambassador.html

Raszagal

"Aye, sir!"

Raszagal spun to face the lieutenant. "Private Raszagal, sir. I guess you could consider me a 'special tactics expert'."
Major Raszagal, Starfleet Marines 17th Battalion
Templar of the Gallifreyan Order

William Wallace

I arrived on the bridge to start the shift. Captain Bode had taken the call in his ready room. I was completely unaware of the new mission status and continued to watch the station and surrounding space.
William Wallace
Commander
Executive Officer
USS Lothlorien NCC 12588

Vonter Nek Gente

*Sits Down*

"Hmmmm I remember coming by this station a few years ago but I cant say i remember much. I have seen many stations like this one in my time."

*Vonter looks over the scanner reports*

"Dolan seems to be correct, our scans are failing to penetrate the Hull. This Nebula is really messing with us. I'm afraid there isn't much more i can tell you at this time"

*Vonter starts wondering why there are always these badly placed nebula's in the way*
Dr Vonter Nek Gente [Fleet Captain] Chief Medical Officer on Space Station Avalon

Balkazar

"Grab the Rifle thats in that locker, Private." Balkazar as he shook his head.

"Raszagal, HOLD!.  Your with Lobo here, hes putting together a special squad and your stuck in it." Balkazar told Raszagal.
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8804/balkazaridcopyso3.jpg" border="0">

Vonter Nek Gente

<U.S.S. Lothlorien>

"Hmmm, Bode I cant help but think there are some disagreements on that station. Judging from the comms we are getting that is. I hope  people can keep themselves together down there."

*Vonter leans back in his chair*

*Now, game of chess anyone?"
Dr Vonter Nek Gente [Fleet Captain] Chief Medical Officer on Space Station Avalon

HK47

<HK comes down the hallway towards the group of marines and stops in front of Lobo>

"Is this the meatbag im supposed to team up with?" HK asked Balkazar.

<Balkazar nods>

"Hmmmm, great another meatbag to follow." HK said in his computerized voice.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/admiralkarelia/HK47.jpg" border="0">

Lobo_Negro

*Kisho steps off the pad as the transporter beam clears from around him and he looks to the Crewman behind the transporter controls*

"Request permission to come aboard."

"Permission Granted, the rest of the Marines are down below in the barracks getting suited up, the Colonel is there as well.  Make sure you have your orders with you and report to him when you have a chance.  You'll find your gear in the locker near your bunk."

"Thank you Crewman, I take it I follow the lights to the Marine Barracks?"

"Yes Sir.  Welcome aboard."

*Kisho smiles and walks out the corridor to the turbo lift, giving the order to take him to the Marine Deck.  The turbo lift doors open and Kisho sees Marines running around the area, some getting their gear on, others checking their weapons. He flags down a SSgt."

"SSgt, I need to get my gear stowed and see the Colonel."

"Just around the Corner, forgive me for not using formalities, we're in a bit of a rush."

"I can see that, thanks for the info SSgt."

*Kisho very clearly hears the Colonel barking orders to the Marines in the area, he waits until there is a lull in the orders and begins to approach the Colonel.  Kisho pops to the position of attention and presents his orders.

"Lieutenant Kishoshima Kohime reporting as Ordered Sir.  Callsign Lobo."

*Kisho hands over his orders to the Colonel, still standing at the POA.
Today, you people are no longer maggots. Today, you are Marines. You're part of a brotherhood. From now on until the day you die, wherever you are, every Marine is your brother. Most of you will go to Vietnam. Some of you will not come back. But always remember this: Marines die. That's what were here for. But the Marine Corp lives forever. And that means YOU live forever.

Gunnery Sgt Hartman
-Full Metal Jacket-

John Moore

John closed his eyes and the muscles on his jaw tightened, visibly frustrated.

"It seems so, Sir, and he's very.....talkative." he said, obviously trying his best to not insult the creature, as he felt like doing. He got a mental kick from it for what he wanted to say, though.

Jeroen Bode

"I'm not sure yet..we'll wait for a little while. We'll give the station a chance the respond"

"Lt. Johnson, please inform Admiral Julian about our situation"
http://www.jeybe.nl/images/jeroenbode.jpg" border="0">

Lobo_Negro

"Lt Lobo Sir... this was just handed to me by your Commanding Officer, he said it needs to be read and implemented immediately."  Said the Yeoman.

Lobo looked over the PADD and called the Shuttle Bay to attention.  

"FALL IN!"
Lobo waits for the Marines and Fleetsman to fall into formation.

Lobo reads from the PADD.

"From: Commanding General Starfleet Marine Forces, Delta Quadrant.

From: Commanding Officer Starfleet Marine Forces, Delta Quadrant.

To: Staff Sgt John Moore Starfleet Marine Forces

ATTENTION TO ORDERS:

*Assembled Personnel snap to attention

Staff Sergeant Moore,

For performance of your duties above and beyond the regular call of duty, your Commanding Officer Colonel Balkazar has requested the following be added to your Service Record.

1.  Promotion to the rank of 2nd Lieutenant.

As your duties and acts of heroism in the recent emergency Colonel Balkazar has seen fit to recommend your promotion to 2nd Lieutenant.  While Field promotions of this type are usually not permanent, Colonel Balkazar's recommendations have convinced me to allow this exception to tradtion.  Lt Moore, please accept my congratulations on your promotion.  This is a reminder of the value we hold of the highest honors and traditions of the Marines Corps.

Semper Fi,

Commanding General
Starfleet Marine Forces."

Lobo approaches Moore, removes his Staff Chevrons and places them in his pocket, removes the "butter bars" from their case and pins them onto the Lt's collar.

"Congratulations Lieutenant." Lobo grins.  "I guess I need to find a new Platoon Sgt."  Lobo Laughs and shakes the man's hand.

Lobo returns to his original position and addresses the gathered personnel.

"FALL OUT!"

"Ok boys and girls, we still got a lot of work to do.  Congratulate Moore when you have a moment of spare time."

Lobo leans in and speaks quietly to Moore "When this mission is over Lieutenant, meet me outside my quarters.  There's more to this promotion that needs to be explained."

Lobo smiles knowingly and strikes the Lieutenant firmly on the collar bones when noone is looking effecting an old Marine Tradition of "pinning" a recent promotee.
Today, you people are no longer maggots. Today, you are Marines. You're part of a brotherhood. From now on until the day you die, wherever you are, every Marine is your brother. Most of you will go to Vietnam. Some of you will not come back. But always remember this: Marines die. That's what were here for. But the Marine Corp lives forever. And that means YOU live forever.

Gunnery Sgt Hartman
-Full Metal Jacket-

Simon Rajnus

"No, my nanite buddies as you call them cant repair that much damage, all they can do for the time being is repair the affected decks breaches and seal them before we take any more damage." Simon told Dolan.
http://images.snapfish.com/3423435523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3247%3E%3A53%3E452%3EWSNRCG%3D323276%3C335%3A%3B8nu0mrj" border="0">

Jeroen Bode

"Well Sergeant Moore, as you may understand, bringing back the Iroquois is very important. So Star Fleet Command found it necessary to bring the marines along. You never know..Let's just hope we won't be needing your services"

"Lt Colonel Eastwood, I hope you understand your importants in our missions, without the help from the Marines we wouldn't be albe to complete our last mission and saving the Iroquois is very important to Star Fleet and to the Marines, so we won't take any risks"

Jeroen Bode

"Repeat the tranmission", the captain said against his comm officer

They could hear the transmission once again..

=/\= U.S.S. Iroquios, This is Captain Jeroen Bode of the Federation starship Lothlorien. We are a part of a rescues mission, to get you back! Please reply! =/\=

...but after that, it remained quiet..

Jeroen Bode

***Lothlorien***

"Ships?"

*Rushes over to the Ops-station*

"What kind? Nobody should know that we are here!"