• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Research Facility Construction Site

Started by Pierre Louis Assis, March 08, 2003, 06:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skol

Interessant project Admiral. It would be both bold and usefull.
Fleet Captain Skol
Chief Of Operations - Starphoenix Planetary Base

Nocturnus

I thought a vulcan knew always what was happening on his station *sly jab*
"To whom do you fear the most.  THe person who says they will kill you? Or the person who's still thinking about it."

Pierre Louis Assis

*turbolift doors open. every one walks out.*

That, Ms. Ayala, is a specially designed intermix control console, but it is not fully assembled yet. Without getting too technical, I, or more precisely my assistent SARAH, will use this to adjust the intermix formula in real time. That means that she will be able to adjust the amount of matter and anti-matter that goes into the core and the way they pass through the dilithium crystals... This is important to help me control the way the subspace field is created, but I can't explain any more without giving a lecture on General Relativity and Advanced Warp Field Theory... *smiles friendly*

I believe you will like to meet SARAH when we go to the bar...

*turns to the officers*

And right there will be installed my experimental warp core. As I said before, the simulations I ran gave me some interesting data to work on and I hope that within six months or so, maybe less, I will be able to test the core design on a real ship! Most exciting... *smiles*

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CSO- StarPhoenix Planetary Base
CO - USS Lattes

Pierre Louis Assis

A very logical remark, Capt. mah'GNUs... *smiles* And I believe that all the interesting things have already been seen so if the Admiral agrees, we could stop by the Pixies and have lunch...
Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Nocturnus

Depends on certain criteria of course.

Putting protocol aside, I wonder if we have a smart officer here who has managed to procure Romulan ale.

http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

"To whom do you fear the most.  THe person who says they will kill you? Or the person who's still thinking about it."

Nocturnus

*smiles faintly*

A glass or 3 of ale is not going to kill us.. no?

T Hain

looks over at Nocturnus

That is a bit illogical of you Admiral.

http://expansionfleet.port5.com/starfleet/id/ID-THain.jpg" border="0">

Pierre Louis Assis

*Yawns after a long day drawing schemes on his PADD, alone in the empty future Research Facility*

Well... Going to get some sleep... I hope that the engeneers call me soon...

*Leaves for his quarters*

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Pierre Louis Assis

*smiles*

And this is Lt. Cmdr. James Stuart Junior, responsible for the archaeology department and for the astrometrics sensor array, which is a project that I and Captain mah'GNUs are working on and will be completed after the Lancelot deploys the sensor probes around the planet.

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Pierre Louis Assis

Unfortuately, sir, I haven't. I have spend almost all the time since I arrived putting the Research Facility together and programming simulations for my work on a holosuite, while my hologrid doesn't arrive.

I was about to analyse the data I collected from the simulation whe you arrive, sir. I believe you are aware of the nature of my research...

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Skol

Indeed they have mr. Assis. I shall be glad if you stop by my office later and we could discuss this and other issues.
Fleet Captain Skol

Nocturnus

*inclines head*

One moment plz captain.

*turns to computer*

Computer recognize authority.

Computer: Fleet Admiral Nocturnus, Expansion XO . Acknowledged.

Download sensor array data to this minidisc.

Computer:confirmed, download in progress. complete.

Perhaps our engineers would be useful in the implemtntation of emergency transporters.. not just in hazardous situations, perhaps togather we could build personal transporter devices into the com unit.

Nocturnus

Indeed captain.

http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':p'>

Skol

*Skol looks at Nocturnus, to mahGNUs, and to T Hain, and than rises his left eyebrow*
Fleet Captain Skol

Skol

I read about your "assistent". Very interesting indeed. About the experimental warp core, this will be probably the most complex item to install at the scientific resaerch facility, though I am eager to see its results.
Fleet Captain Skol