• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

The Excalibur construction

Started by Vorak, December 20, 2004, 06:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

-- Posted by Vorak on 9:21 pm on April 18, 2004

*On Freedom station, Vorak enters the engineering section.*
"Fascinating."

-- Posted by Embries on 9:22 pm on April 18, 2004

*At that moment, Embries appears.*
"Ah, good to see you again, admiral. I have been around and about all over the station here, it's quite fascinating. So, where can I be of help next?"

-- Posted by James Madison on 9:25 pm on April 18, 2004

"You can remain here and assist colonel Williams. As you can see, admiral, the body of the Excalibur is under work right now, the inside is still under research. The ship will have great speed to move its massive body, because the size of the nacelles are those of an Excelsior class starship."

-- Posted by Embries on 9:28 pm on April 18, 2004

"I certainly will do so. I find this a most fascinating project! Admiral Vorak, we should have more of such projects at Avalon too, in the future!"
*Embries returns to colonel Williams and helps him with calibrating some systems.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 9:30 pm on April 18, 2004

"And this project is 100% safe, I assume?"

-- Posted by James Madison on 9:33 pm on April 18, 2004

"Yes of course, vice admiral Fisher puts safety as a first. Transwarp has been tested more than once, and is already in the Alamo."

-- Posted by Vorak on 9:36 pm on April 18, 2004

*Vorak walks over to some wall panels and screens and observes the blueprints displayed on there. He pushes some buttons to get other displays, and then nodds.*
"A solid project, indeed."

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 1:54 pm on April 19, 2004

"Ah there you are, admiral Madison, I completed a structural integrity field generator that will make sure the Excalibur can use the reactor unlimited."

-- Posted by Vorak on 6:01 pm on April 19, 2004

"Most magnificent indeed. When is it expected to be ready for launch?"

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 7:13 pm on April 19, 2004

"I do not know, but you should ask Mr. Williams for that. Now if you would excuse me, I would like to start with the transwarp upgrades."
*Walks towards a console and starts imputing data, then turns around.*
"And sir, I would like to be involved in these kinds of projects in the future, if I may. I am, as you humans say, "interested" in this."

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 7:27 pm on April 19, 2004

"Admiral, as you can see, the exterior is done, but this ship has much more work to be done still. I have all my teams working 'round the clock and should have a launch date before long. Sir, I would like to add that many of this ship's systems would not be possible without the help of 8 of 12 and majors Green and Embries. Major Green, have you finished the scans of the new hull plaiting?"

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 7:32 pm on April 19, 2004

"Thank you, sir, it was a nice experience working with you too."

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 7:33 pm on April 19, 2004

"I would also like an upgrade to the torpedo tubes, so they can handle more transphasic torpedoes with less stress on the tubes, if anyone has any ideas."

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 7:34 pm on April 19, 2004

"I could do that, but it's too complicated to explain how."

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 7:37 pm on April 19, 2004

"Please feel free to do so. Thank you."

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 7:40 pm on April 19, 2004

*Walks toward the console and starts the modifications.*

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 7:41 pm on April 19, 2004

"8 of 12, is there any way to make a cloak work against the Borg?"

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 7:45 pm on April 19, 2004

"Well, for as far as I know, the Borg can penetrate cloaks, but we could use a mirror effect so that their sensors will be reflected. That's all I can come up with."

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 8:34 pm on April 19, 2004

"The Borg would adapt, no doubt. Aha, instead of a regular warp core, we could use a quantum induction core as is used on the Phoenix class test ships."

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 8:19 am on April 20, 2004

"Sounds interesting."

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 7:18 pm on April 20, 2004

"8 of 12, do you think that it would be possible to jam a Borg ship's link to the hive?"

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 7:28 pm on April 20, 2004

"Not without disabling the central plexus, which is located in the center of each Borg vessel."

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 8:21 pm on April 20, 2004

"Again thank you for the info. You are always helpful."

-- Posted by Steven Cruse on 9:44 pm on April 20, 2004

"Colonel, I am afraid phase cloaking is still a form of cloaking, and due to the treaty of Algeron, the Federation will not use cloaks. Even though I think the treaty is fragile, we still have to go by it as long as we are allied with the Klingons."

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 12:59 pm on April 21, 2004

"Mr. Williams, I finished the torpedo tube adjustments. Each tube should be able to fire ten transphasic torpedoes in 30 seconds."

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 6:34 pm on April 21, 2004

"Good, good, we are almost ready install the science stations. You know, 8, I will miss your helping hand when you leave with the ship. If you need me, I will be in my office. Thank you."

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 6:35 pm on April 21, 2004

*Suddenly 8 falls down on the ground and faints.*

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 6:38 pm on April 21, 2004

*Williams runs over to 8 of 12's side and tries to revive her.*

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 6:40 pm on April 21, 2004

*She opens her eyes and says "you need to get doctor Sisqo" and she faints again.*

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 6:41 pm on April 21, 2004

"Computer, emergency transport, two to sickbay."
*Williams and 8 beam to sickbay.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:59 pm on April 22, 2004

*Vorak raises an eyebrow and turns to the admirals that accompany him during his tour.*
"Shall we continue the tour? Perhaps sickbay could be our next stop."

-- Posted by Weasly Cook on 7:46 pm on April 22, 2004

*Enters to see how the labs were coming along, and mumbles under breath.*
"Now, Cook, you really need to find out the lab completions... but if they say tuesday just once, I'm...."
*Stops when seeing Vorak, salutes and then says.*
"Admiral, I didn't see you there, it's an honor to meet you again, sir. If you have any questions, either wait for Green, or just ask me, though I'm just new to the project, sir."
*He then looks around then turns back to Vorak.*
"Where is Embries? I had a question for him."

-- Posted by James Madison on 11:07 pm on April 22, 2004

"Sickbay has a medical emergency at the moment. I think it would be best not to go there for now. And other troubles were reported, coming from the patient in sickbay. There is nothing more to tour that you haven't been in, you have seen the pub, ops, all of that. The research center is the only thing left. If you're not leaving soon, we can step down there."

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 12:16 am on April 23, 2004

*Colonel Williams enters the room.*
"I would like to know where we stand, Mr. Cook."

-- Posted by Weasly Cook on 2:15 pm on April 23, 2004

"On what, sir?"

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 2:34 pm on April 23, 2004

"I want this ship ready to launch in 2 weeks!"

-- Posted by Weasly Cook on 4:21 pm on April 23, 2004

"Yes, sir, I'll work harder. In fact, I just learned that all labs were completed an hour ago, and we're starting on the last bits. Should be ready by tuesday in 2 weeks." *Chuckles.* "Little builder humor. To be honest, she be ready when she's ready, and no sooner. You can't rush these things, sir."

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 5:56 pm on April 23, 2004

"I will have the rest of this ship ready to go in 2 weeks, and I would like have her ready to go at that time, Mr. Cook."
-- Posted by Weasly Cook on 8:00 pm on April 23, 2004

"Aye, sir, I'll start on the final things, like testing sensors and even the holodeck. But first things first, the crew quarters, sir."
*Turns and heads into the ship to personally help finish.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 8:52 pm on April 23, 2004

*Vorak raises an eyebrow.*
"Mr. Madison, logic dictates that it is more useful for our time, to actually visit sickbay at a moment it is most active, rather than at a time when there are no patients. It would not be half as interesting to visit engineering, if no project such as this one, or any other activity, was going on at this moment."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 8:57 pm on April 23, 2004

"To sickbay then. Perhaps you can meet Dr. Sisqo there."

-- Posted by James Madison on 8:58 pm on April 23, 2004

"As you wish, though it is not exactly the best of cases. Dr. Sisqo recently transferred here. We can see his first work."

-- Posted by Embries on 9:00 pm on April 23, 2004

*Embries brings in spare parts he had just assembled.*
"Here, this should work far more efficient for the beta-matrix part. Anyone called for me?"

-- Posted by Vorak on 9:01 pm on April 23, 2004

"It would be most fascinating to see your doctor's first experience."
*Vorak heads toward the door to head to sickbay.*

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet