• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Episode 1: "All Roads Lead to Sol"

Started by Vorak, September 30, 2010, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Episode 1: "All Roads Lead to Sol"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Station Vern - CO's Office

"I am not quite sure about the current situation in the science department so yes I do think your best bet would be to report to Mr Fleech." Faraness replied

"However I haven't heard from him since I first met him so I would not know what he is up to."

Faraness turned towards Argus who was downloading information to her computer. She looked at the screen as multiple reports popped up of different security breaches in the station that had been dealt with and also reports on suspicious activity on the station.

"hmm. Thank you Argus I will be sure to look into a few of these." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author:  Ian Shepard [ Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:16 am ]

Commander Shepard - Ready Room

"it's well deserved, Lieutenant," Ian said. "But this leads me to the next issue, that of the infections of the crew. Three officers have fallen ill with unique but similar symptoms, all unforeseen, and all following the Borg attack. Have you come up with anything conclusive, anything to explain any of them?" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:04 am ]

After he set up the data for Lt. Urban to review, Alan transfered the data to a PADD. He wanted to have it ready for the Doctor when he came out of his meeting with Commander Shepard. He waited near the door for O'Mannin, just in case Lt. Urban had any questions about the tactical data he had just left behind.

Larson was eager to discuss his findings with O'Mannin, and help get things back to normal in sickbay. With the AI under transfer, and Dr. Brackman back on the station, he guessed sickbay was a bigger priority for all science officers. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:06 am ]

Concordia - Bridge

"Go ahead and send it to the station. I just hope he doesnt send the entire station into his own private play ground." Urban said to Larson. 

Author:  Argus [ Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:07 am ]

Faraness Rangwere wrote:
Station Vern - CO's Office

"I am not quite sure about the current situation in the science department so yes I do think your best bet would be to report to Mr Fleech." Faraness replied

"However I haven't heard from him since I first met him so I would not know what he is up to."

Faraness turned towards Argus who was downloading information to her computer. She looked at the screen as multiple reports popped up of different security breaches in the station that had been dealt with and also reports on suspicious activity on the station.

"hmm. Thank you Argus I will be sure to look into a few of these."

...Argus made a single bark to acknowledge Faraness before turning his attention to Danica... 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:07 pm ]

Daniel allowed his gaze to drift to the bays of windows to his left. The space station in all of its majestic splendor stretched out before him backlit by a vast panorama of space's blackness sprinkled with the glowing white of the stars greeted his gaze but he turn his deep blue eyes back towards the Commander as he told about how deserving he was of the position and asked if he had a clue as to what was going on with the illness of the crew.

To be honest he was a little taken back, had ne not motioned nanites not long before? This was not the only problem that was causing the situation and he was sure this is what he was referring to.

Quickly he formulated his reply hoping it would be sufficient, I think sir that although there are some similarities the differences appear to outway them"

"As you know sir an Ensign from the Engineering department was injected with nanites, a lovely parting gift from our unwanted guests." His face took on a wry smile as he said the last part and he shifted slightly so he stood looking out the window, "then there is another crewmember," The half Betazoid said, "who has also been exposed to nanoprobes but they appear they may have had them for some time." The Doctor turned back toward his commanding officer and continued, "one of the reasons I asked if I could examine the entire ship's population. To be honest sir I would rather know about such things now rather than later when things might become more... difficult."

"I believe the third individual is Ensign Mimas," he said raising his eyes again to the ships captain, "I have not had the opportunity to view the data but I believe he may have been caught up in the events a little too much and will need some nourishment and rest to set him right."

"You asked Captain if I thought there was a correlation," O'Mannin stated, "I think there is," he paused and tilted his head slightly, "we have had two guests aboard our ship recently sir have we not, one whom Lieutenant urban mention, a Doctor Brackman I believe and the Borg. I don't know all the details sir but I think the commonality here lies with the good Doctor Brackman." He crossed his arms behind his back and took in a deep breath still looking intently at Shepard, "if he had not been on board I don't think any of this would have occurred sir, no attack by the Borg, no Borg boarding party, no nanoprobe injections, no activation of dormant nanites and no extended working conditions resulting in the collapse of an officer."

"I don't know the Doctors reasons for being on board sir," he said letting his arms rest by his side again, "but they had better be good ones." 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 pm ]

Saul glanced at the Doctor as he approached, not knowing who he is, as he was just off-screen during his conversation with Commander Shepard, and chimed the door control again, waiting for the Captain. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:41 pm ]

Alan wondered if Lt.Dwight was having trouble with the AI transfer. He wondered if the science or tactical officers on the station had looked at his data reguarding Dr. Brackman, and if so did they see anything he didn't. He wanted to take a closer look himself, with Dr O'Mannin's help, in hopes of finding some explaination for the queer medical data.

He thought of the crewman in sickbay. The fellow who was slowly turning the same grey-green color of the hull, because of his brush with the borg. He thought of Mr. Mimas, and his strange fainting episode.Was there a conection? Larson thought about his own fainting spell. This was just due to the sight of blood, or so he thought. Could that have been something else? He did'nt think so. Maybe it was. Maybe he was tied in somehow and didn't know it. He had delt with all the blood in the mess hall(and there had been a lot) just fine. He didn't lose it untill later in the sickbay.

All these things stacked themselfs up in his head. He knew he had only been waiting for the doctor for a few minutes, but it seemed like he had been waiting for days. He was the kind of person who needed to stay busy most of the time, or face the possibility of turning into a nervous wreck.

He glanced at a display panel near the ready room door. His duty shift had ended hours ago, but he wasn't going to stop unless he was ordered to. Especially if his health, and the health of all of his crewmates here and on the station was on the line. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:57 am ]

While waiting for Danica's response to the reply she gave, the door to Faraness's office chimed once again.

"Come in" stated Faraness, which triggered the door to open. This time it was Mr Karrath that was at the door, hopefully with the report on the U.S.S Concordias status.

"Ahh. Do you have that status report Mr Karrath?" She asked. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:07 pm ]

CO Office, Vernemeton Station

As the doors to Rangwere's office opened, Brackman walked in after Karrath. Since he was out of Rangwere's line of sight from his position at the door, he wasn't concerned that he wasn't addressed to. As Karrath began his report, Brackman moved to the side, so that he could get a better view of Rangwere and Danica and began to assess the situation. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Argus [ Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:22 pm ]

Gustaf Brackman wrote:
CO Office, Vernemeton Station

As the doors to Rangwere's office opened, Brackman walked in after Karrath. Since he was out of Rangwere's line of sight from his position at the door, he wasn't concerned that he wasn't addressed to. As Karrath began his report, Brackman moved to the side, so that he could get a better view of Rangwere and Danica and began to assess the situation.

...Argus got up after sensing Brackman enter the office and started to growl loudly as he approached Brackman and started to bark very loudly and threateningly several times, he bared his teeth and growled dangerously... 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:00 pm ]

"Commander Shepard reports that the Concordia has made a successful pickup of the shuttle, which should be transferred to a secured storage hold onboard the station." Saul reported. "He wanted me to let you know he'll be around if you needed to contact him about anything." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:13 pm ]

Brackman bent down so that he was eye-to-eye with Argus and said firmly, "Tell me what is so offensive that you feel the need to make non-verbal threats. If you don't have a satisfactory reason, I highly recommend you stop. If someone saw you like this unprovoked, you might get the mechanical equivalent of a put down or at least a reprogramming. That would be such a waste of time and energy and I really don't like waste. So what is your reasoning behind your behavior?" 

Author:  Argus [ Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:19 pm ]

Gustaf Brackman wrote:
Brackman bent down so that he was eye-to-eye with Argus and said firmly, "Tell me what is so offensive that you feel the need to make non-verbal threats. If you don't have a satisfactory reason, I highly recommend you stop. If someone saw you like this unprovoked, you might get the mechanical equivalent of a put down or at least a reprogramming. That would be such a waste of time and energy and I really don't like waste. So what is your reasoning behind your behavior?"

...As Brackman bent down, he felt like his leadership was being challenged by this human, Argus charged forward with his mouth open, his metal teeth glistening from the lights in the room, making as if to bite Brackman but stopped within an inch of Brackmans face before shutting his mouth hard making a clanging noise in the process, all the while making snarling noises... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:37 am ]

Brackman didn't flinch as Argus charged forward, knowing that it was highly improbable that the programmer would have placed such poor ethical and morality protocols on such an advanced being. And there was the fact that flinching would have probably put his face in the way of the rather sharp teeth.

When Argus stopped right in front of Brackman's face and continued the snarl, Brackman said, "I highly doubt unprovoked attacks are in your programming. From a behavioral point of view, unless you are mimicking a very aggressive and territorial dog, there is still no reason for your aggression since I have done little to assert my authority over you personally or seize territory of yours. Therefore, there is either something you sense wrong with me or your programming is flawed in some minute way. So, one bark for the former, two for the latter. You can bark, right?" 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:45 am ]

CO's Office - Station Vern

Faraness was listening to Mr Karrath's report when she noticed that Mr Brackman had also entered the room. Saul was still updating the Captain when Argus suddenly started making loud noises towards Mr Brackman. Mr Brackman then said something to Argus however Faraness was not completely tuned in to what was being said. Then suddenly Argus lept forward as if to attack Mr Brackman.

"Argus sit and behave," were the commands that came out of Faraness's mouth before acknowledging Saul for his report.

"Mr Karrath thankyou for the update. Could you please contact Commander Sheperd and ask him to report to my office for a full debrief please."

She then turned to Gustaf.

"Mr Brackman. I see you have returned. How is your ship?" 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:51 am ]

Brackman stood up and said, "It is in one piece, though badly damaged. I came here to discuss where the supplies to fix it will come from. Unless there is an industrial grade replicator on the station, it may take some time to customize some of the necessary equipment to repair my shuttle. If possible, I would like to see if the next supply shipment will be able to deliver the equipment I need to repair the shuttle." 

Author:  Argus [ Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:12 am ]

...Argus continued to growl menacingly, once he heard Rangwere's command, he backed off and ran towards her, circling her and her desk twice over before laying down next to Rangwere with his paws crossed and he was staring at Brackman threw eyes that were clear he would protect those around him... 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:05 am ]

"Im sure we can sort something out." Faraness replied, "Mr Karrath here is the ops chief so he can organise for you to see the next supply shipment roster for you to place an order." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:04 pm ]

Brackman reached into one of his pockets and took out a PADD. He handed it to Karrath and said, "This is a rough list, but I think I've covered everything. The supplies are mainly shuttle parts, with some extra materials to speed up the repair process. Most of the sensitive equipment survived intact, though there were some irreplaceable losses. Any supplies that remain when the shuttle is repaired, I will be happy to donate to the station for its own use." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:25 pm ]

Danica had been distracted enough by the ersatz canine that the reply to her CO failed to emerge, and then more visitors had arrived.

As Argus lunged for Brackman the ensign feared for the older man's life, but he hadn't flinched, as if he knew with certainty he would remain unharmed.

"Thank you Captain, I shall endeavor to find Mr. Fleech and report in."

Recognizing that the captain's office had become a hub of activity, none of which seemed to pertain to her, the young woman said, "Please let me know if I can be of any scientific use to anyone. Until then Captain, if I may?" Remaining at parade rest, the ensign waited to be dismissed. 

Author:  Argus [ Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:57 pm ]

...Argus walked up to Danica and hit the side of her leg lightly with his head and motioned for her to follow him out of the room, then looked back at Rangwere and gave a single nod before exiting the room waiting for Danica to follow... 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:27 am ]

"Dismissed ensign" Faraness said while putting her focus towards Danica and Argus. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:17 am ]

"Since I have completed my task, I will be going too, to check up on my shuttle. When you can, Mr. Karrath, send me the time and date of the shipment's arrival. So unless you still need me for something, I'll be off."

Brackman made his way to the door, turning around briefly in case Rangwere wanted to mention something. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 am ]

Bridge, Concordia
Larson reorganised the data on his PADD. He thought about getting in touch with with the science department on the station. Maybe they had made a discovery reguarding Dr. Brackmans's data. He just couldn't stand there waiting for O'Mannin any longer.

Alan noticed that Mr. Mimas had not been replaced. He looked across to Lt.Urban and said,"I'm just going to catch up on a few things from Mr.Mimas' station while he is in sickbay. I might at well stay busy while I wait for the doctor. I will also keep track of the incoming ops data while I'm here."

Urban gave him another nod and slight hand gesture, as if to say "Mi casa, su casa."

He started with the duty logs from the station. His data had been received, but not processed. Aparently it was low priority. Just as well, but he wanted to make sure one of his peers in the station science lab gave it a look. This was delicate. Larson did not want to bother a ranking officer with his somewhat far fetched theroies about Dr.Brackman, for fear of being branded paranoid, or a little crazy.

He skimmed the duty roster and noticed that a new ensign had arrived, but not as yet, been assigned any task.
"Perfect!", he thought. He tapped his com badge.

"Concordia to Ensign Walking Bear. This is Ensign Larson, from the Concordia science lab. I did not want to bother Lt.Fleech with this, because I'm sure he has his hands full. However, I did want to let someone from the science department on the station know, first hand, that I have sent some, let us say, interesting data reguarding Gustaf Brackman. If you have some time, I would love a second opinion." 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:49 pm ]

Danica looked down curiously at the robot dog as it nudged her, as if it were the one doing the dismissing. Upon getting the order from her CO, the ensign exited the office, only to find the dog waiting for her in the hall.

Quote:
"Concordia to Ensign Walking Bear. This is Ensign Larson, from the Concordia science lab. I did not want to bother Lt. Fleech with this, because I'm sure he has his hands full. However, I did want to let someone from the science department on the station know, first hand, that I have sent some, let us say, interesting data reguarding Gustaf Brackman. If you have some time, I would love a second opinion."

Danica tapped her comm badge. "This is Ensign Walking Bear. I'm on my way to Sciences now, Ensign Larson, and would be happy to meet with you at your convenience. Walking Bear out."

Going to a wall panel, Danica called up the station schematics map to confirm the quickest route to Sciences, before looking down to see that Argus still beside her.

"Is there a reason you are choosing to follow me?" she asked the thing. "I am afraid I don't have the time to engage in recreational activities at present. Perhaps once the Captain is finished she will do whatever it is you would like to do."

Danica had no idea what sort of behavioral processing the robot had installed. All she knew was she had just arrived, she had been summoned to her station with the promise of something "interesting," and therefore she was not about to spend time playing with someone else's toy.

"Off you go," she said dismissively to Argus before heading down the corridor to her meeting with Larson. 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 pm ]

...Argus followed Danica down the hall towards the sciences and rushed in front of her to block her path, then grabbing onto Danica, Argus activated a internal transporter device and they disappeared in a aura of blue light, only to reappear in the science labs which is where Danica was heading in the first place...

<Argus looked like he was giving off a half smile or atleast as much of a smile as a dog was capable of> 

Author:  Mimas [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:57 pm ]

Mimas, still sitting in his chair, with his eyes focussed on the captains readyroom, and waiting for omannin to come out, had somehow regained his bairings...
A faint bleep from his console drew his attention.... he grasped for some energy and slowly walked to the monitor, to see the cause of this bleep....

"Larson, come take a look at this..."

The log showed reports from an exterior scanner...

As Larson approached, Mimas pointed at the screen

"There," he said.... "did you see that?"

The monitor clearly showed a location to location transport within the starbase...

"l see a transport, Larson replied, what's so special about it?"

Mimas pushed some buttons to bring up details...

"First of all, it happened within a minute after you called Walking Bear,... the location where the transport went was the science lab...."

"So? Walking Bear asked for a transport to read your map as soon as possible...." Larson still looked at the monitor

"Then why is there not any transportroom active to make the loc to loc transport?"....

Larsons head raised.... his eyes full of questions....

"if l am reading this right, Walking Bear was on her way to the sience lab, and then was transported there, while being in the middle of a corridor... Now l ask you, by who....?"

(ooc editted some typo's) 

Author:  Saul Karrath [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:13 pm ]

Saul nodded first to the Doctor, and then to the Captain. "Captain." he said, by way of dismissing himself.

He turned and walked out of the office, looking down at the PADD he had been handed. There were some items included that could be quite difficult to get a hold of. He tapped his combadge.

=/\=LtCommander Saul to Concordia. Commander Shepard, Captain Rangwere would like to see you on-station for a debriefing. Saul out.=/\=

Then, without looking up, he said; "Lieutenant. Get me the Quartermaster." 

Author:  tompicard [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:19 pm ]

tom picard reporting for duty 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:46 pm ]

Commander Shepard - Ready Room

Shepard's desktop console chimed and he heard the message from Commander Karrath. "I guess that will be all for now, Doctor," he said, looking at O'Mannin. "I'll get in contact with you later if I need to talk again."

After the doctor got up to leave, Shepard tapped his communications panel, and a small monitor lifted up to face him. "Computer, open a comm channel to Starbase 384, Captain Rangwere's office." The Federation seal appeared on the screen, with a message under it that indicated his message was awaiting acceptance. After a moment, Captain Rangwere's face appeared on the screen.

"Captain," he said in greeting," I got word you needed to speak with me. I apologize that I can't see you in person, but for the time being, I'm restricting transit to and from the Concordia. We may have a medical emergency on our hands, and I don't want to contaminate the station." 

Author:  Mimas [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:06 pm ]

As soon as the doors of the readyroom gave way, and O'mannin entered the bridge, Mimas had to grab for support, or he would have fainted again....

"The Giant is here"... He did not know if he had spoken the words out loud.

He pulled all his energy, and said: "Doctor... l.... We.... "

His mind nearly exploded when he realised that O'mannin was Betazoid,...

-That can offer some explanation to the incredible white emotional noise he had suffered...
he thought....

Mimas stumbled to the doctor, and grabbed his arm....

"We need to talk", he whispered,....

"Not before you had a decent rest and meal" O'mannin replied....

"Fair enough" Mimas said.

He would not 've been able to have a decent conversation with this wall of noise in his emotional brain...

"Well then, l will retreat to my room. Sir!" Mimas turned to Urban, who agreed with a quick nod.
"We Must talk" Mimas repeated to O'mannin "soon...!" Then he turned towards the Turbolift and left the Bridge.
The medical escort jumped to accompany him, since he still felt wobbly as a gelly... 

Author:  omannin [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:54 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

Daniel heard the sound from the Commanders consol. The voice on the other end was from the starbase requesting Shepards presence and he was glad he had the opportunity to leave.

He nodded and said, "yes sir," as he tuned to leave.

As the door hissed open and he saw the bridge he glanced around before entering. Ensign Larson was busy on the consol where Minis had been posted. What puzzled him was that the man he was scanning was missing and he seemed to be busy doing something else rather than scanning the personnel with the medical tricorder he had. In the man had was a PADD which could have contained anything. O'Mannin thought the Ensign had simply returned to his duties but he still possessed the medical device and that seemed to indicate otherwise.

"I'll need those scans Ensign Larson as soon as I can have them," he said and looked over to find Ensign Mimas was still on the bridge. All thoughts as to Larson's activities vanished as he saw Mimas grabbing to keep himself from falling again and uttered something about, "the Giant is here...," The doctor stopped in his tracks as he started for the lift and tried to figure out what was going on.

"Doctory... I...We...," Mimas tried to continue still rather incoherent.

Daniel looked up at the medical team and tilted his head, "why has ne not been taken to sickbay," he asked with a hint of frustration.

The Doctor watched as the troubled Ensign made his way stumbling towards him. O'Mannin's eyes widened as he looked at the medical team again, by the four gods what is going on here?

The Ensign grabbed his arm, "we need to talk," he whispered.

"Not before you had a decent rest and meal," he responded still thinking the man was merely overworked and dehydrated.

The ensign replied, "Fair enough," then continued, "well then, l will retreat to my room. Sir!"

"Very well," Daniel said, "but I don't want to see you back up here until I have cleared you to return to duty."

The Ensign repeated as if to place emphases on his words, "We Must talk, soon...!"

The doctor was releaved to see him leaving on the lift with his medical escort. When the doors closed behind them he turned to look at the chief of security, "what do you think he meant by the giant was here?"

Not knowing all the crew he was more than a bit puzzled by the actions of the crewmen that had just left. Something was amiss and he would have to sort it out. For now though he needed to begin treatment on the one officer in sickbay still infected with nanites.

"Please see me in my office Ensign Larson as soon as you can," he said as he the doors to the turbolift parted and he prepared to board, "I need to get that treatment for our little pests." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:00 pm ]

Brackman took Shepard's comm as a sign to leave and left Rangwere's office. He headed for the holodecks, realizing he could get some help with his problems from a person from the past. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:39 am ]

((OFF:I didn't catch thast Mimas had not left the bridge, sorry))
Bridge, Concordia
"just a moment, Doctor, I'll head down with you. I already have data you will want to review right here." Larson said as he crossed toward the turbolift, and held out the PADD.

Alan looked at Lt.Urban and nodded as if to say"Thanks for the help, amigo" He had a feeling that Urban would be more than ready to move on Brackman if Alan could come up with proof.

The doors slid shut and Alan began to speak when his combadge chimmed. It was Ensign Walking Bear, inviting him to the station.

-/\-"Larson to Walking Bear. We are on medical lockdown here, untill Dr. O'Mannin gives the okay."-/\-

He gave O'Mannin a quick smile, and also noticed the extra pip. Alan wondered what became of Dr.David, then went back to the commincation.

-/\-When they let me out of this tin can, you and I can compare notes in your tin can. By all means call if you find anything unusual. Larson out-/\-

"Doctor, first, congradulations on your promotion.", he said. Now he understood what was taking so long in the ready room.

"Second, I took a rather full scan of Dr.Brackman and found some puzzling results", he said, handing the PADD to Lt. O'Mannin."Something seems to be off with the medical data, he seems too healthy for his age, if that is possible, or even makes sence in any way"

O'Mannin tilted he head and raised one eyebrow as he took the PADD from Larson.

"I also can't seem to pinpoint his age" he added "I thought you might have a better medical perspective. I have also compleated scans of all bridge crew, except the Commander. He ran off to quickly. I thought it best to corner Brackman at that point anyway. Lt. Urban seemed to agree."

"The other medics should have finished the crew scans by now.",Larson said. 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:10 pm ]

Danica flinched as Argus took hold of her arm in his jaws, but the lack of pressure indicated he wasn't attempting to harm her. Moments later, the pair shimmered into existance on the other side of the door to the Science station.

"Fascinating," said the half-Vulcan, unsurprisingly. Removing her arm, she studied the dog for a moment. "Clearly you are in possession of some rather advanced circuitry. If you will excuse me for a moment, I must connect with Ensign Larson." She turned and walked over to a console, then paused to look at Argus once more. "You are welcome to remain if you choose. I find your presence...reassuring."

Quote:
-/\-"Larson to Walking Bear. We are on medical lockdown here, untill Dr. O'Mannin gives the okay."-/\-

He gave O'Mannin a quick smile, and also noticed the extra pip. Alan wondered what became of Dr.David, then went back to the commincation.

-/\-When they let me out of this tin can, you and I can compare notes in your tin can. By all means call if you find anything unusual. Larson out-/\-

-/\- Thank you, Ensign Larson, I look forward to it. Any information you can provide me as background may assist me in solving your dilemma. -/\-

Danica opened the files sent by the man, and began to read. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:23 pm ]

After watching both Ensign Walking-Bear and Lt Commander Karrath leave his office, a chime came from the onboard comm screen on her desk. It showed an incoming communicae from Commander Shepard.

She noticed Brackman still in the room and noticed him leaving after Shepard face appeared on the screen. She gave him a quick wave as if to say goodbye and shortly after walking out the door the Commander of the U.S.S Concordia spoke.

"Captain," he said in greeting," I got word you needed to speak with me. I apologize that I can't see you in person, but for the time being, I'm restricting transit to and from the Concordia. We may have a medical emergency on our hands, and I don't want to contaminate the station."

"Medical emergancy? Commander whats going on there?" Faraness asked and with a slight look of confusion on her face she continued; "I though you were on a rescue mission for Mr Brackmans ship?"

There was a slight pause as Shepard responded to her questions then she replied;

"Ok first things first. What happened with Mr Brackmans ship? Did you encounter the Borg Sphere?" 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:05 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia
Daniel stopped when Larson offered to ride down with him. The doctor entered the lift and turned to face the door, "Sickbay," he said and nodded to Larson, "what do you have for me sir?"

As the door slid shut the Ensigns badge chimed indicating he had a message. Not wanting to listen to the conversation he stared at the wall before him and waited for the young officer to complete his conversation.

"Thank you Larson," O'Mannin said letting his eyebrow rise and his head tilt as he took the PADD from his companion.

Ignoring what words filled the small screen he focused on the charts hoping they would provide the information he needed. The Doctor did not want to admit he could not read the text but he was not sure how he could get around it this time.

"It does seem more than a little irregular," he offered, "although there seems to be more data here than a standard medical scan."

"When we get to my office we can compare it with his official records," the Doctor went on, "if he is associated with Starfleet there should be something."

"Your are correct the medics should be finished," Daniel chuckled, "it seems we have seen over half the crew already at sickbay without the quarantine."

He furrowed his brow as he looked at the data more. The charts were not what he would expect from the maturing man he had seen Larson scanning as he entered the bridge on his way to the ready room. In fact it was as if the data had been purposely manipulated to conceal the facts.

"I should be able to lift the medical lockdown soon," he said, "I just hope I haven't missed something and the whole crew comes down with... something."

"Have you had anything to eat Ensign," he asked, "feel free to whip yourself up something in the medical lab," he shook his head and smiled, "with the food replicator that is."

The lack of food and rest was catching up with him as well. For the medical officer it was more than a matter of performing below optimal levels, it meant he might be missing something and placing the crews lives on the line. Most of the crew had stayed on duty longer than was typical and he feared many of them would end up in his already full medical room.

Every moment that passed seemed far too long as the doors opened and he stepped out into the corridor, "we need to get that artificial blood brewing and begin that treatment. I also need to discuss something else with you sir but it can wait until we figure out this Dr. Brackman." 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:59 pm ]

Commander Shepard - Ready Room, U.S.S. Concordia

Captain Rangwere looked surprised. "Medical emergency?" she said. "Commander, what's going on there? I though you were on a rescue mission for Mr Brackman's ship?"

"We were."

"OK, first things first. What happened with Mr Brackman's ship? Did you encounter the Borg Sphere?"

"We did encounter a Borg scoutship, yes. They apparently had locked on to the same energy signatures that allowed us to pinpoint the shuttle, and we had to fight them for it. Brackman made it clear that the Borg couldn't be allowed to get that shuttle, even if we needed to destroy it, but we managed to repel the Borg without destroying the shuttle."

He sighed, and continued. "And there begins the medical emergency. In the midst of the battle, the Borg managed to board the Concordia, and several crewmembers were infected with Borg nanoprobes, although my chief medical officer tells me that no one was fully assimilated. In the mean time, several members of my crew have been experiencing strange, somewhat similar symptoms, even crewmen that did not come into direct contact with the Borg. This left several of our medical and science personnel with the theory that there might be an airborne Borg virus onboard. Hence, our quarantine." 

Author:  Argus [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:06 pm ]

Station - Science Lab

...Argus went over to the science console where Danica was, he then put his front paws on the desk and started to read the screen about Dr Brackman...

<Argus's information tubes came out of his left paw and hooked into the console, sending a text message to both Danica and Larson>

Code:
"Very interesting dont you think, Miss Danica.  Did you know that Brackman was one of the creators for my processors?"

"Oh yes he was.  My main creator created my body but was having problems with my AI.  He was one of the people who helped fix that little snag in my creation.  I never really liked him due to the fact that he betrayed my creator and stole my AI plans to create a more sophisticated brother unit as you would say.  He installed the Brother unit in his shuttle."
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Mimas [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:42 pm ]

After he had left the bridge, Mimas went to his personal quarters... He walked to the replicator
"a blue salad with Espra cheese, some allira juice and a Hilrep"
The medical escort was pleased to hear him order a meal, and left with the words: "Now you take care of yourself, ensing... The doctor will come to you as soon as possible..."

"l will,..." Mimas replied, and started to eat, sitting at a small table that was place t the window

Soon he was alone... and he felt the energy flowing back into his vains with every bite he took from his meal...

His quarters had 2 rooms. The first room was what he called his living room, the room in which he lived... The walls were decorated with pictures and paintings, and the one chair where he had his meal, was placed facing the window, and with the back to the door...you could say that this room was filled with emotions, The other room was much more sober, and contained a small matras on one side, and a big cushon in the middle. There was hardly any decoration in here, but this room breaths spirituallity and religion... The only eye-catching furniture was a dark wooden crate-like cupboard, with ancient looking artefacts: a vulcan meditation lamp, a crystal pyramid, some candle holders....

After his meal, Mimas sat on the cushon, and forgot all time and place... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:44 pm ]

Holodeck, Vernemeton Station

Brackman took a turbolift and went down several corridors before entering one of the station's holodecks. As soon as the doors to the holodeck closed, Brackman called out, "Computer, activate CHIMERA."

A man in his late thirties appeared in front of Brackman. He wore a lab coat similar to Brackmans, with a gray shirt and black pants underneath.

"Verify your identity," the man commanded.

"Dr. Gustaf Brackman," replied Brackman.

"Identity verified. As you obviously know, I am the Classified Holographic Multipurpose Research Assistant, Mark III. I would prefer to simply be called Charlie. How do you need my assistance?"

Brackman raised his eyebrows and said, "Quite interesting. Embeding CHIMERA's programming in Starfleet's standard programs obviously worked very well. Anyway, Charlie, do you know how to repair the SC-2?"

"The SC-2 has been undergoing extensive modifications over the years. In what way does it need to be repaired?"

"Most of the primary systems are badly damaged or destroyed, with the secondary systems about to fail. Supplies are arriving at an unknown future date."

Charlie frowned, "I don't see how I am needed yet."

"At the moment, your assistance is primarily needed in the manual aspect of repairing the SC-2. Fortunately, the SC-2's holoemitters are still functional. QAI can help you repair the modified systems and additions, once he is back online."

"Why didn't you first contact the SR department? They constructed the SC-2."

Brackman paused and didn't say anything for a while. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:19 am ]

Larson was hungry, but by no means tired. He had never been a very good sleeper, four to six hours at the most. He often got ahead on his work or read for pleasure. He was not very social due to his impatient "stay busy at all times" way of life. This stood in the way of group meals, plays, and musical perfomances that lasted for more than thirty minutes. He just couldn't keep his mind or body still. "You've got ants in your pants!!", his great grandfather used to say. He researched that phrase, just like he researched everything, and found that it was almost as old as recorded history, but apt.

"I will eat Dr. O'mannin, while I go over the crew scans, unless you want help with the blood therapy, or maybe I can research what kind of radation is best to stop the implants from growing.."

Alan realized he was getting ahead of himself, again. He was giving himself orders instead of letting the doctor(who now outranked him) give the orders. He took a breath, and said"I'll assist you as you see fit Lt. O'Mannin"

"By the way, I have another pair of eyes on the station looking at Dr.Bracman's scans.", Alan said.

He almost explained how he was able to get so much data from the scanner, but stopped short. Now that O'Mannin was a ranking officer, Alan thought it best to keep his little scanner tricks to himself. If O'Mannin brought it up again, he would gladly fess up, and ask O'Mannin to keep it hush hush.

"Also Doctor, Mr.Mimas also seemed eager to talk with you. If you like, the EMH and I can keep a lid on sickbay whenever you are ready to talk to him. Sorry to get ahead of myself. Just let me know how I can help." 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:03 pm ]

The Commander replied to Faraness's question explaining both the situation with Brackmans ship and the current quarantine.

"Hmm a borg airborne virus? Is there a report on what the virus is? Perhaps airborn nanites?" She asked.

"Commander i think you will agree that we cannot have our flagship out of commision for too long as there is so much to be done. I would like your whole crew to be blood tested for this virus if it has not already been done. Can you send any data on the virus to me and I'll get the science team on the station to work with your team to try and figure out a cure as quickly as possible."

Faraness became quite concerned for the crew of the Concordia. Her first mission and already a medical quarantine of the whole ship.

After again waiting for the reply of Commander Shepard she finished the conversation.

"You and your crew keep well Commander. I hope we can fix this problem as soon as possible. Ill contact the stations science team to start helping out now. Rangwere out."

She pressed a button after the Commander said his goodbye's and the screen returned to a rotating Starfleet insignia. While waiting for the data to come through, Faraness moved her hand towards her commbadge.

"Captain Rangewere to Ensign Danica," She said activating a commlink between her and the Ensgin. "Please report to my office as soon as possible. Rangwere out."

Faraness waited patiently and decided to start filling in the required paperwork about the debriefing of the Concordia's mission while she waited. 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:12 pm ]

Concordia-Medical Lab

The Doctor merely nodded in acceptance as he the Ensign said he would examine the crew scans or research radiation types. He knew he would discuss it more with the young officer when they reached the lab but not in the hall, not where a worried crew might hear part of the story and begin making up their own conclusions. He stopped once inside the lab letting the door close behind them an then looked out through the viewing window and looked out over the room they had just passed through. There were still quite a few injured being attended to but the number had decreased and for that he was grateful. Then came the words that concerned him. Alan told him that he had shared medical information with someone not aboard the ship, information not just of a member of star fleet but that of a civilian.

Instantly his mind started to work to figure out just when this may have occurred and why he had not tried to prevent it. During the early 20th century codes had been established to protect such sensitive information. Even Starfleet had regulations regarding sharing medical records and he was sure now he would be reduced to Ensign again if not completely relieved of his duties for his dereliction of duty. He had mentioned to Alan that earlier that he did not discuss treatment options in front of patients but evidently his words were not enough to keep the breech from occurring.

Danial let a concern look cross his face and let the officer complete what he wanted to say before he turned to face him. "Alan," he said with a sigh, "who did you send Dr. Brackman's medical information to, please tell me it was the Chief Medical Officer?

He knew Mimas wanted to see him but that would have to wait, the treatment for the infected officer would have to wait. This was more important, more pressing and much more career ending than anything he had faced so far.

Her walked the short distance to the consol and began transferring the medical data and glancing quickly at the charts. He turned and faced Larson, his face still expressing the worry he felt, "next time would you please ask me first before the lynch me?" 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:10 pm ]

Argus wrote:
Station - Science Lab

Code:
"Very interesting dont you think, Miss Danica.  Did you know that Brackman was one of the creators for my processors?"

"Oh yes he was.  My main creator created my body but was having problems with my AI.  He was one of the people who helped fix that little snag in my creation.  I never really liked him due to the fact that he betrayed my creator and stole my AI plans to create a more sophisticated brother unit as you would say.  He installed the Brother unit in his shuttle."

"Very interesting indeed," replied Danica, once again surprised at the canine's abilities. "And this is the same Dr. Brackman who was just in the Captain's office with me. Ensign Larson would not have sent me data unless he had a suspicion something was wrong; I'm a scientist, not a doctor." She resisted the urge to add "dammit," thought she didn't know why.

Danica began reading. If Brackman was an AI specialist who, according to Argus, stole data from his colleagues in order to further his career, and the crew of the Concordia had been exposed to some sort of new Borg nanoprobe, might Brackman have been as well? Or might he be looking to find a way to exploit this for his own gain?

She hadn't gotten far when her comm chirped.

"Captain Rangewere to Ensign Danica, please report to my office as soon as possible. Rangwere out."

"On my way, Captain," the ensign replied. Looking down at Argus, the young scientist stated, "You are welcome to accompany me if you would like, though I would prefer to walk this time."

A short time later she arrived at Captain Rangwere's office and entered at the CO's command. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:06 pm ]

"I didn't send his medical data to anyone, Doctor" Alan said slyly "I sent tactical data to the science department on the station, as a courtesy to my colleges on the station. They should know everything about Brackman that I know, since he slipped off the ship, and could be a problem for them. Now that I think of it, I also sent the entire package including both the medical and tactical to station ops.' Lason paused, " at the request of Lt.Urban, or course"

O'Mannin exhaled loudly. Out of relief, Alan guessed

"I was just following orders. I'm sure the data will be handled with the upmost care by Urban's friends in the yellow uniforms. If the information is mishandled. My guess is that Starfleet Command is going to come after them with pitchforks and torches, not you."

Alan began to talk too much again.
"I've taken a look at those pesky Starfleet Regulations a few times. I don't get to much sleep. I read alot to fill the time. I figured out that I can make the regulations work for me most of the time, instead of trying to get around them, or disreguarding them all together. I think your off the hook in this case" Larson rambled.

"Sorry, sir. Where should I begin?" 

Author:  Argus [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:30 pm ]

...Argus noticed that Danica got up and left, so he decided to follow her slowly, as she got into the turbolift it closed before he could get inside with Danica. So he decided to shorten his distance to Rangwere's office and transported himself from the Science labs directly to inside Rangwere's office. He then went and sat down next to Rangwere, then when the door chimed, he went and opened it up to stare at Danica, before he broke off from the eye contact and sat down next to Rangwere again... 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:40 pm ]

The medical doctor let out a deep breath. It was more out of frustration than relief but all the same Larson's words had a ring of truth in them and he would have to accept that for now.

"Ok," he said letting out another sigh and crossing his arms, "just be careful with the data you see here. People can turn rather ugly if they think your violating their privacy."

"Can you wait a moment while I take a better look at this stuff," Daniel asked turning back around to face the consol.

"Computer read all data in Dr. Brackman's data files," he began, "please use SR17 settings and scroll data on consol as read."

"Acknowledge," came the familiar female voice from the computer.

A moment later the ships computer began reading at a pace most speed-readers would have a problem keeping up with. For Daniel it had become a way of life. His eyes traveled across each graphic that appeared and ignoring any letters or numbers that appeared. His hands it a few locations on the board and new graphs and charts flooded the screen in rapid succession almost as if a robot or android were doing so but yet not quite as fast.

As the last of the records finished he gave orders to create a few new calculative charts based on the data and then turned back to Larson, "there does seem to be something wrong here unless he is a 20 year old human who runs marathons as a hobby."

"What I would like your help with," he said as the more relaxed look ventured across his face, "is a force field of sorts. I can't move our nanite infested crewmember to a private room so we will have to shield the other occupants from the radiation we will need to use." "Secondly," the Doctor said turning back to the data now loaded and ready for him to review, "I need to know what you did, I know there is more data than a typical tricorder typically produces so I will need to separate the medical from the tactical. Then, if you don't mind, could you whip me up a batch of our favorite Borg pesticide for our friend while go check on Ensign Mimas."

"Sorry to jump all over you like that," he said, "but a breach in protocol is far more paperwork than I want to fill out, not with my sickbay overflowing." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:21 pm ]

"I would never divuldge medical information about anyone, without a direct order. I even mentioned this regulation to Dr.Brackman before I scaned him as a matter of fact. I had already surmised that Lt. Urban would demand to see the scans, then send them along. Had he not, my next move was to try and talk you into raising concern about the data. Urban did his job, just like I thought he would, the guys in the yellow uniforms are somewhat predictable." Alan grinned "Don't tell them I said that, please sir."

"As for the extra data" Larson took out his tricorder, walked over to the doctor, and showed him his dirty little secret.
"If you override the tolerance protocols, like this.." he said as he reset the device and keyed past the recomended setting level, ".. you can get a much more well..detailed scan."

The doctor's eyebrow was on the rise again. Alan answered the doctor's next question before he could ask it.

"I assue you Dr. Brackman was never in any danger. This tricorder, however, took quite a beating in the process, but still seems to be functioning perfectly." Larson said. "I divided all the data several different ways while I was waiting for you. Just ask the computer to display medical data only, and it will bring up those files for you to review." Alan added with a smile.

"I'll get started on the next um.. batch of uh.. blood right away. The forcefield will have to wait untill we settle on the particular type or types of radiation we will use, sir" 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Sonak [ Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:50 pm ]

((OOC: sorry everyone life got busy))

Starbase 384, Bridge
Sonak was watching a display showing the status of Concordia when a alarm chimed behind him. Turning around he shut off the alarm and began reading a report. He read quickly Unscheduled transport completed; 1 life form, Ensign Danica Walking Bear; 1 AI, Argus; destination: science lab.
Knowing that he would have been alarted to a site to site transport by the stations transporter, Argus was the only logical answer, if indeed he was outfitted with a personal transporter.
The alarm chimed again, Unscheduled transport completed; 1 life form, Argus; destination: Rangweres office. The captain would have contacted him if any trouble was present. Now knowing that Argus had a built in transporting device he added the transporter signature to the computers memory to prevent further alarms and contunued his work. 

Author:  Argus [ Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:02 am ]

((Argus has a built in transporter device not to mention he is in the station CO's office to boot.))

<Argus continued to watch Danica> 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:03 am ]

Larson was glad that he had put O'Mannin's mind at rest. He wondered if Mimas had the answers to some of the problems on board. For some reason, Alan thought he did. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:07 am ]

Commander Shepard - Bridge

Shepard stepped out onto the bridge from his ready room, and headed directly for the turbolift. He wanted to get underway, but he knew that the medical issues onboard came first. "Deck five, sickbay," he said, stepping into the lift. As the turbolift continued downward, Shepard pondered the situation. Beyond Lieutenant Urban and Ensigns Larson and Mimas, no one else was suffering the symptoms, and even the latter two were exhausted at the time. In the beginning, it had appeared to be an outbreak, but Shepard was beginning to think it all might have been an overreaction. That left, of course, Lieutenant Urban's odd behavior.

The lift opened, and a few meters and a left turn delivered Shepard to sickbay. Stepping in, he heard voices from the medical lab room in back, near the morgue. He passed through the CMO's office to find O'Mannin and Larson working diligently in the lab. "Ahh, there you two are. Ensign, I've got a task for you. I'd like to rule out the possibility of an airborne threat, so I'd like you to begin deck-by-deck sweeps, look for anything Borg in origin. The internal sensors might need a little bit of recalibration to scan that precisely, but I'm sure you can manage it. Doctor, I'd like to talk to you about Lieutenant Urban." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:09 am ]

"Begging your pardon again, Commander.." Alan said, most likely out of turn, again,"The deck by deck sweep is what we should do next, but..." Larson, the lowly ensign who was now in the firm gaze of not only O'Mannin, but Concordia's commanding officer, said, "You are the only person aboard who has not been scanned by a medical or science officer since the visit from Dr.Brakman and the Borg attack. I hope the Doctor will agree that a quick scan will help everyone move toward lifting the quarantine."

Larson swallowed loudly. The Commander, and LT. O'mannin both had matching elevated eyebrows. He knew now that he had forgotten his place, and talked too much as well, yet again. Alan looked down at his feet.

"Sorry Doctor, sir. I can help with whatever you need, I can start the deck by deck scan, return to the science lab, or my quarters, if you think that is called for, sir"

"JUST SHUT UP!!!!!" Alan's brain yelled at him. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:14 am ]

Commander Shepard - Sickbay

Ensign Larson's tension was so thick, Shepard thought he might be able to cut it with a knife. "At ease, ensign," he said. "If I've missed my scan, I'll gladly submit. After all, what sort of captain wouldn't follow his own orders?" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:34 am ]

...Urban was relaxing in the holodeck doing some mountain climbing, he accidently hit the wrong rock and fell nearly 20ft landing on his arm with a agonizing crack...

"God damn it." Urban groaned in pain as he rolled around on the ground in pain for the next 30 minutes unable to do much except groan and scream in pain. But after a time the pain went away gradually, Urban passed out from the amount of pain that he was going through. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:15 am ]

"Well, ahem." Larson coughed with humility, "I can do it for you, I have a medical tricorder right here, just let me uh.. reset it" Alan nervously fiddeled with the scanners buttons, he tried not to think about what would happen if Shepard found the scanner programed at an "unsafe" setting. The device took half a second to reboot. This was just long enough for him to remember his place.

"Perhaps, Lt O'Mannin would like to do the honors, after all, he is our new cheif medical officer" Larson said, offering the doctor his scanner. "The next uh.. treatment for the ill officer is almost ready, Doctor." Alan said gesturing through the glass toward the infected crewman. "I'll just get started on the deck-by-deck." he said, looking at Commander Shepard. "Call whenever you are ready to set up the force field." he said looking at O'Mannin.

He stood at parade rest, waiting for anyone, up to, and including, the ghost of Jim Kirk himself, to dismiss him. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:13 pm ]

Brackman hadn't said anything for such a long time that Charlie repeated the question. Brackman finally replied, "They have been out of contact for quite some time. In any case, I just wanted to inform you of the situation and your duties. I will contact you once the supply shipment has arrived and the repairs can begin."

Charlie nodded and said, "Computer, deactivate CHIMERA," disappearing right after he finished the phrase.

Brackman checked the holodeck logs and was satisfied that it only said the Brackman had entered for a few minutes, but appeared to have just sat inside. He was quite glad that his collegues had developed a program that couldn't be recorded.

After thinking for a few moments, Brackman called out, "Computer, display a map of the Delta Quadrant." An incredible number of stars appeared and oriented themselves.

"Display our current position." The map zoomed in toward the center of mass of stars and showed the station floating in the middle of open space, along with the space catapult.

Brackman frowned and said, "Access astrometric logs. How much has the station and the catapult drifted since its construction?" The map zoomed out and displayed a green line showing the distance and direction the station has moved. Brackman raised his eyebrows, as it showed the station slowly moving toward a nearby star. 

Author:  omannin [ Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:55 pm ]

Daniel chucked when he saw what Alan had done to the medical tricorder, "I see," he said and unclipped his from his waist and handed it to Larson.

"Take a look at this one," the Doctor offered nodding at the device he carried with him everywhere, "it is one of the latest models and I, well, I had it tweaked just for me."

O'Mannin knew that there were quite a few special things about his Medical Tricorder. For one, its display was quite a bit different than those in ordinary use allowing for data to stream more easily across it without distortion. It also had considerably more capabilities and increased storage space and could be set to audibly read the information since Daniel could not possibly read it. The device had a touch screen interface as did all of the newer released models but the screens were set up exclusively for the Doctor. Typically he would not let anyone touch it for fear they might figure out his weakness but with Larson he knew he would need to tell him eventually.

The medical officer forehead furrowed and he turned back around to the console, "just thought of something," he said and glanced again at the medical device Larson had just handed him.

"Computer list the names of all the none natural occurring compounds present in Dr. Brackmans scan and place them in a separate file, also compare all the scans from the ships crew and create a chart depicting any changes since their last medical examinations."

He turned back to face the Ensign with a sly smile, "now I think I am on to something," as the chart appeared on the console.

"There," Daniel said triumphantly, "not a direct connection with Doctor Brackman but there is an irregularity common to nearly half the crew."

"Computer," he said again, "can you tell me what the chemical compound is that is causing this spike, he touched the screen and looked over a Larson again.

"Insufficient data," the computer responded.

Daniel's face took on a look of puzzlement and he shook his head, "this shows an abnormal increase in some sort of antihistamine," he said, "and there is no corresponding histamine to account for it."

"But," he pondered allowed, "it doesn't seem to be present in all the crew." He looked into sickbay but spoke again, "computer what departments are the crew showing this," he turned his head back and touched the appropriate portion of the screen, "spike assigned?"

The computers voice responded, "Engineering 27%, Science 22%, Security 51%."

"Were there any bridge officers showing the spike," Daniel asked.

"Yes," came the response.

"Who," the doctor asked.

"Lieutenant Urban," came the emotionless response.

The Doctor swallowed hard and he tilted his head, "That explains a few things," he said looking back to Larson, "Well," he said, "I do need you to mix me up a batch of that artificial blood but now I have an even bigger problem, now we need to find out what this antihistamine is and where it came from."

The Doctor was quiet for a moment then said, "I'll have to get a blood sample from one of the crew that has it...," he stopped midsentence and his eyes widened, "computer am I one of the crew showing the spike."

"Negative," came the reply.

Daniel sighed, "that's good, can't have the CMO going around contaminating the crew."

There was a hint of sarcastic humor in his voice when he spoke the previous words but it vanished when he realized the facts meant he had a lot of research to do, "We need to send the data to the Commander, I'll let him know it is on the way."

As he prepared to send the data he saw Commander Shephard walking into the medical lab. It was difficult for the new Lieutenant Junior Grade to hold back his surprise. Captains, at least in his limited experience didn't just show up in Sickbays, there must be something important going on for that to happen.

O'Mannnin was reluctant to give up Larson with so much still to do but the request of the Captain maid a great deal of sense. Doing a deck by deck search would indeed be profitable if they could find whatever was causing this.

Quickly he loaded the new data concerning the crew aboard the PADD Larson had given him earlier and handed it with back to Larson.

[/i]Perhaps he could get a chance to peak at it while they were doing their sweep,[/i] he thought and he nodded at the captain.

A sheepish smile crossed the medical officer as the captain asked Larson to perform a medical scan. The tension was thicker than the transparent aluminum that separated sickbay from the lab and he was glad when the captain spoke again to ease it.

"I have my own," Daniel said showing him the instilment he always carried with him, "thanks though."

"Relax Larson," he said, "take a look at the PADD for me and see if you can figure out what the chemicals in Brackman's system were for."

Turning to Shephard he nodded, "this won't take long sir," he offered then as he began the scan he continued, "the sooner we find what is causing the spike in antihistamine I just found the better off we all will be."

"I will send the data to your office Sir," the CMO stated as he stopped the scan, "your good to do sir," Daniel said with a nod. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:59 am ]

"I'll review it soon," Shepard said, "though medicine isn't my field of expertise. However, Doctor, I'd like to talk to you about Mr. Urban specifically." Ian expected the doctor to reject his next question, but he was prepared for that. "He was the first patient you examined, after his outbursts. There must have been something out of the ordinary." 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:34 pm ]

Argus wrote:
<Argus continued to watch Danica>

OOC: Waiting on mon capitan.   

Author:  omannin [ Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:10 pm ]

Daniel tilted his head, he had not thought about the fact that his captain might need help understanding what came so natural to him. But he would have to ponder what to do about this realization later seeing he had a question, one that could prove quite sticky to answer.

"Well Captain," he began, "to be honest he was not the first, "the Ensign from Engineering was the first and as I mentioned earlier their symptoms are substantially different. What you will find though is that for some reason about half the crew are showing a spike in antihistamine without a indication as to why and that the only one of your bridge crew showing this is Lieutenant Urbane."

He reattached his medical tricorder to his side and walked the short distance to the computer, "the other thing of note is that there appears to be a few substances within Dr. Breakman that are either elevated much higher than they would normally be in a human and some that are typically not found at all. " Don't know what to make of this but it might be advisable to keep him aboard until we can identify both what the antihistamine is and how the crew got it."

"Antihistamine as you know is not contagious but with the Borg having boarded who knows what tricks they were up to."

"I also will need to contact Starfleet Medical about my treatment plans for the Ensign," the Doctor added, "in his condition I am going to need permission to try something different if he is going to survive."

"I will need Larson back why you two are finished," he said, "we still have some details to iron out before I can make my proposal." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:33 am ]

Larson took the PADD from O'Mannin. "Thank you Doctor, I'll look at this in just a moment, after I check the treatment in the centrifuge" Alan said. "I will give you a some time to check out the Commander, in private."

Larson steped away, then turned around. "I will also get started on the internal sencer re-calibration for the deck-by deck sweep, Commander." 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:15 pm ]

(OFF: soz guys works hectic atm)

"Ensign Danica, sorry to call you back just after you leaving my office but there's a major issue that I need you and the science team to work on." Faraness said sounding highly concerned.

Looking at her viewing screen an update containing all the current data of the so called outbreak on the Concordia came through.

"Ah perfect timing." she says to herself as she puts the data on a padd for the Ensign.

She passes the padd over and explains the situation "The U.S.S Concordia has recently returned from a mission to retreive a rather important item from space." She took a breath and continued, "During the mission they encountered the Borg and were boarded. The Borg were eliminated however there seems to be a virus of a sort going through the ships crew." She looked at Danica as concern also presented itself on her facial expressions. "I need you to get in contact with the Concordia's Chief Medical Officer and help them eliminate the threat. The Concordia is on a full medical quarantine lockdown and she cannot afford to be crippled like this. Please goto the science labs and put together a team to help you work this out. Thankyou Ensign."

After listening to the Ensign's response and dissmissing her, Faraness turned to Argus as the door shut behind Danica.

"Argus." She said before taking a breath. "I need to to keep an eye out for Mr Brackman. This report states he left the Concordia and came to the station while the ship was quarantined. I need to to stay out of site but report any strange behaviour coming from the Scientist. At no stage are you to engage Mr Brackman understood?" 

Author:  Mimas [ Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:12 pm ]

U.S.S Concordia
Personal quarters
-----------------

(description of the meditative state of mind of Mimas)

Time is not important, it does not even exist in here; The train of thinking, that otherwise moves fast enough to make keeping-up an effort, slows down so much, in here, that you can actually see the thoughts sitting behind the windows...
They make much more sense, in here....

In here, there is no outside... , in here, there is just conciousness...

In here.... ? This place IS counciousness.... Investing time in this place would have no purpose...
Investing knowledge in here, however, allways will add to this place...

Author:  Argus [ Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:09 pm ]

Station - CO Office

...Argus nodded as he transported himself away...

<Plugging into a nearby console, Argus was able to find Brackman's location, he was still in the holodeck, so he went to the deck where the holodecks were, he hid and watched as he waited for Brackman to leave> 

Author:  Naquv [ Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:00 pm ]

Bridge
As the bridge crew was on duty for over twelve hours, they started one by one getting something to eat. Naquv, however waited until he was the only one who didn't eat. Walking up to the replicator, he paused as if there was a wall blocking it. His one downfall, he thought, was being indecisive. Naquv contemplated what to get. he figured since he was going back on duty, he decided on a simple nutritional supplement.
"Nutritional supplement 14." He stated to the computer. with a shimmer of blue light, a block that passed as a meal appeared. Naquv took a large bite and walked toward his station. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:52 am ]

Brackman stared at the map of the region for a while, his mind drifting for a bit. He refocused after a minute and called out, "Computer, accounting for the increasing pull of gravity, how much time will it take for the station to reach the star system?"

"Approximately two years, three months, and sixteen days."

Brackman nodded and had the holodeck cleared. He decided to figure out a suspicion that had plagued him for a while and said, "Computer, display a map of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants if the U.S.S. Voyager had returned twenty years later. Current stardate." 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:33 pm ]

Faraness Rangwere wrote:
(OFF: soz guys works hectic atm)

"I need you to get in contact with the Concordia's Chief Medical Officer and help them eliminate the threat. The Concordia is on a full medical quarantine lockdown and she cannot afford to be crippled like this. Please goto the science labs and put together a team to help you work this out. Thank you Ensign."

Danica acknowledged the orders and picked up the padd. "Aye, captain. In addition, you should be aware that Ensign Larson of the Concordia sent me data regarding Dr. Brackman as well. It seems he is exhibiting unusual hardiness for a man of his age. I am unsure if this has any relation to the Borg incident, but it does bear mentioning, considering the doctor's involvement in the field of artificial intelligence."

Upon her dismissal, and a glance at Argus, the new science ensign made her way back to the labs and attempted to reach the station's Chief Science Officer, to no avail, and took the next logical step: opened a communications channel to the Chief Medical Officer of the Concordia.

"Dr. O'Mannon, I am Ensign Danica Walking Bear. Captain Rangwere has asked that we coordinate our efforts in order to deal with your current situation. I request a complete file on your situation, as well as any relevant data you may have accumulated as to the cause and possible cure." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Mimas [ Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:25 pm ]

Slowly drifting....
descending....

Look.... clouds appear, a familiar sight, memories rush up, but get sent back.... there is no need for memories in here....
Slowly descending....
drifting....
A mountain pins the clouds to the heavens....
Why here? .... Why this place...?
Slowly descending,
drifting through a small layer of white clouds,
descending like an eagle,
gliding...
the flank of the mountain
crawls closer...
but still
slowly.....
The eagle looks, focusses...
What has he seen...?
Slowly... descent,
go down into the eagle
become the eagle... be eagle
what is there to see...?
The valley, rocks, water
life... and ....

Pain?...??....
How can there be pain here?
What is in pain? Who is in pain...? Look! Find! See! See the figure. Look closer......See? The figure is a body...? Who? Where?
Look closer!! Feel! Sense! See? Body has a face...! It's....

URBAN ????

In an instant Mimas' meditiation nearly broke to pieces....

What in the gods names is Urban doing in here...?
Look!! Look closer !! Get deeper, Look inside, be inside
Be Urban!
lnside there is no pain... inside he is uncounsious... inside there is nothing to be seen.... the body must be the pain.
where is that body hurt? Where is that body...?
Look closer.... Get in.... See...! See... through....
See through rocks, See through the edge of this place...
This place is not what it seems... this place is hollow...

...deck!!! Holodeck!!!

Mimas now fully regained his senses, and ascended upto the state of conciousness... It would take some time, as the meditation had taken him very deep.... And he could not rush it, without danger... There was no time.... time was not essential. Time had no purpose in here... But it was essential out there!...

After ten minutes Mimas slowly stood up from the cushon...

"Computer, locate Ltd Urban, please!..."

"Ltd Urban is in the recreational sector, holodeck 3."

=^=Mimas to O'mannin, this is an emergency!!!! Don't ask me how l know but l assure you, you are needed in holodeck 3. It concerns Ltd. Urban!=^=
Immediately after his voice had spoken these words, his mind followed piercing through space with the mental picture of his vision in the meditation. Go prepared and beware, he thought, hoping his telepathic abilities would not fail him...

(ooc. editted some typo's) 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:17 pm ]

U.S.S. Concordian- Sickbay

The familiar chime brought the doctors eyes away from the Commander and back to the console. Turning back toward the Captain he raised an eyebrow and nodded, "excuse me sir." He said and walked the short distance to where his connection to the ships computer was.

Quote:
"Dr. O'Mannon, I am Ensign Danica Walking Bear,"
the female said,
Quote:
"Captain Rangwere has asked that we coordinate our efforts in order to deal with your current situation. I request a complete file on your situation, as well as any relevant data you may have accumulated as to the cause and possible cure."

"I see," Daniel said with a smile. I wonder how she knew to contact me, he pondered quietly for a moment then remembered Ensign Larson had sent information on Brakman to her earlier.

"Thank you for your Assistance Ensign," he said, "I am sending you all the data we currently have on the situation now."

He looked over at Larson for a moment and then returned his gaze to the women on the screen, "you will find that I isolated some information on Dr. Brakman you might wish to look into, some things that are either oddly elevated and or not typically present in a human. You will also find that just over half the crew are experiencing a rise in their histamine levels without any apparent reason for it. I also do not know what antihistamine it is yet but will be getting blood samples from crew members so we can isolate it. When I get the samples I will be sending them to you for analysis, my staff is currently rather busy dealing with the injured crewmembers here in sickbay and I have to deal with at least one crew member exposed to nanites. There is one....," he thought were cut short by the chirp of his communication badge.

Quote:
"Mimas to O'mannin,"
the message began, "
Quote:
this is an emergency!!!! Don't ask me how l know but l assure you, you are needed in holodeck 3. It concerns Ltd. Urban!"

Ah, the house call, he thought.

"Be right there Ensign, thank you," he said.

Turning his attention back to Walking Bear, "I apologize Ensign Walking Bear, that is all the information I can give you right now, good luck."

With that he terminated the connection and turned to Commander Shepard, "I will be removing Lieutenant Urban from active duty it appears sir, at least until I can figure out what is going on."

His voice gave away his concern as he excused himself and walked passed the Commander into his sick bay, "Ensign Sperrin I will be having the engineering and science crews come in for blood draws, just so you know and I am on my way to Holodeck 3."

Daniel picked up both kits typically used in emergencies and headed for the door. Placing both in his left hand he tapped his communication badge, "En..," the young officer shook his head and tried again, "Lieutenant O'Mannin to Lieutenant Dwight I will need to get a blood sample from each of the officers under your command, you can send them up in groups to Sickbay, O'mannin out."

It was not that he was trying to be curt but he had so much to do and his mind was beginning to spin with the responsibility. "Lieutenant O'Mannin to Lieutenant Martin," as he uttered the words he remembered the man was still in Sickbay assisting him. He sight and then continued, "I will need your staff to report to sickbay for a blood sample, O'Mannin out.

"Lieutenant O'Mannin requesting a location to location transfer to Holodeck 3 please," in a moment his form flickered and he found himself in the barren room of the holodeck with Lieutenant Urbane still unconscious on the floor.

Placing the kits on the hard floor next to him he knelt down next to the still form of the Chief Security Officer, "Urban," he shouted and slapped his cheek, an old trick often used to awaken those who may have lost consciousness.

He opened the emergency medical kit and removed the hypospray and skillfully turned the knob, "computer, acknowledged I am administering 1cc of Cordrazine."

The computer's female voice replied, "acknowledged," as the Doctor administered the dose.

He then sat the injection device down and took his medical tricorder and began to scan his patient, "come on urban," he said impatiently as he continued his scan. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:32 pm ]

...Still laying their unconscious his mind began to wander, back to the day that he was taken, knocked unconscious only to reawaken days later in a lab, he couldnt move his head, it was restrained by something. He tried to move but couldnt, his hands, feet, and abdomen was restrained by straps. He screamed in pain as he witnessed his own surgery, feeling the pain from every cut, every twinge, every movement of the mad man's hand, till he fell unconscious. He felt something being administered to him through a hypospray but didnt know what... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:31 am ]

Brackman had been looking at the projections when he remembered something. During the battle with the Borg, while he was contacting QAI, the ship shook and a vial had slipped out of one of Brackman's pockets, smashing in the debris. His mind was occupied at the time and so did not give the smashed vial much thought. He checked his pockets now and frowned when he saw which vial had disappeared. He had thought he had those better secured.

~Element X has contaminated the Concordia~ Brackman thought, ~It's been several hours since the initial contamination. There is no time left. A cleansing must be initated immediately.

Brackman cleared the holodeck before leaving. Noticing Argus standing down the corridor, Brackman called to him, "K-9, what is the fastest route to Ms. Rangwere's office? There is an emergency situation that requires both her and Commander Shepard's attention immediately." 

Author:  Argus [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:01 am ]

...Argus just stood their growling and continued to watch Gustaf... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:57 am ]

Brackman sighed at Argus, wondering just where it had become so discriminatory. He turned away, heading toward the nearest turbolift. He hurried in and could barely hold his impatience in check. The moment the turbolift doors opened at the floor of Rangwere's office, he rushed out and went straight to Rangwere's office. He rang the door chime but didn't wait for permission to enter.

As he walked in, he said, "I know what is the cause of the problems on the Concordia. We must hurry or the crew will all be dead within the month. The contaminant cannot be detected by the ship's sensors and can't be filtered out by any known means. It's also classifed, so don't bother asking. At this point, the entire crew most likely has already been infected. Symptoms will show up sooner or later. The research for a cure is on my shuttle and is almost complete. I need access now."

Brackman paused before adding, "And since I strongly suspect you don't trust me, simply because you have no reason to, there isnt' really much time or point in arguing." 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 am ]

Daniel scanned his patient thoroughly looking for clews as to why he remained unconscious. His furrowed face showing the concern he felt. The Lieutenant had been in his sickbay earlier and he had allowed himself to be convince things would be fine seeing the Borg which he felt was the reason his marline Nanites had become active once again. He was puzzled as to why the man remained unconscious finding no real reason for his present condition.

"Urban," he said with a sigh, "what is going on with you?"

As he scanned down the limp form of his comrade he notice what appeared to be a fractured arm but something peculiar was going on. Somehow the break was healing and at an astonishing rate. He said nothing but pursed his lips as he picked up the man in his arms.

"Lieutenant O'Mannin requesting location to location transfer for two to Sickbay," the young officer stated and waited impatiently for the familiar, slightly uncomfortable feeling that indicated they would be moving.

Soon he found himself, Urban in arm, just outside the wards door. He strode in quickly to the curious glances of his fellow crewmates but did not seem to even recognize them. "Quick," he ordered trying to sound more authoritative than concerned, "I need an anti-grav lift or a gurney now."

He looked back over to see if the Commander and Ensign Larson were still in the lab and then back at his patient, "Urban," he said, "you don't have any idea the situation you've put me in."

"Computer," he began again moving him closer to the walls of the still crowed room, "send Lieutenant Urban's medical record to the com in the lab."

Looking up at the EMH he blurted, "do all the scans you think will help and check the break in his arm and let me know your findings."

Glancing quickly over at Sperrin he asked, "have they started coming in yet, for the blood draw?"

"No sir," she said quickly falling into step with him as he waked towards the lab.

"Than tell Lieutenants Martin and Dwight again," he said trying hard not to sound too impatient, "tell them it is urgent, tell the anything just get the officers in here." 

Author:  Argus [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:59 pm ]

...Argus transported himself directly to Captain Rangwere's office right before Gustaf barged in, his back up files kicked in and read several files, one of which was on Gustaf assisting in creating the Argus Matrix and found out that he didnt steal the plans for the Argus Matrix as previously thought, so Argus charged Gustaf knocking him to the floor playfully and climbed on top of him, licking him furiously with his artificial tongue... 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:03 pm ]

...Urban was still unconscious reliving the memories of his past. He was now back home in Oregon looking over the tilled farm that he had helped to create and suddenly it began to get hotter and all he once loved started to catch fire and soon an Inferno appeared rushing towards Urban as he tried to cover his closed eyes but to no avail, when he opened them, he was now back in the lab where the scientists were talking but couldnt hear anything but muffled noises. He screamed in pain once again, but this time his scream was heard all around the medical bay as well as in his feverish dream... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:14 pm ]

Rangwere's Office, Vernemeton Station

Brackman was mildly surprised at Argus's change in manner, but there was an emergency at hand, added to the fact that Argus was rather heavy to be sitting on top of him. "Not now," Brackman mumbled, managing to move the large dog off of him and getting up.

Turning to Rangwere, he said, "I need clearance to enter my shuttle and access the necessary information to finish the cure, along with the materials necessary to produce it. Do I have your permission?" 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:38 am ]

Faraness was stunned. First Argus teleported straight into her office for no apparent reason, then the door chimed and before she could answer Mr Brackman came barging in with a genuine look of concern on his face. Then Argus jumped on Gustaf and instead of attacking like Faraness thought he was gonna do, he licked him.

"Well" She said with a long pause between words and a puzzled yet concerned look on her face, "I can take a security team down with you to gather the necessary data you need. Confidential or not i want to to work with Ensign Danica in the science dept and get that cure as soon as possible." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:11 am ]

Rangwere's Office, Vernemeton Station

Brackman nodded, "Good. So where is my shuttle exactly? The Concordia didn't get around to telling me where they dropped it off." 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:35 am ]

At the same time as pressing buttons on her LCARS system asking for a security detail she replies to Mr Brackman, "I've been told it was placed in security dock 14 under lvl 10 forcefields and a constant security watch." She finishes her sentence as the security team enter her office.

"Ah Lt. please escort Mr Brackman to his shuttle and allow him access to the files on his shuttle." She then turns to Gustaf.

"Mr Brackman, the lvl 10 forcefields will be de-activated to allow you access into the shuttle but will activate the second you walk in to get your data. Its a security measure I wont allow to disengage. Now please be quick for I fear for the crew of the Concordia." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:09 pm ]

Brackman nodded and left with the security team taiiling after him. The group headed into the turbolift and got off near security dock 14. After a quick word with the guards, the forcefields dropped for the second it took for Brackman to walk through and then went back up again.

Brackman looked at the battered shuttle and entered it after opening the door, after which he activated a panel. After pressing a few buttons, he took out a PADD and had some information transferred to it. He glanced around the insides of the shuttle for a little more, surveying the damage, before taking what looked to be an earpiece, a vial half full of a pale substance, and a pair of sunglasses from a case. After pocketing the vial, Brackman looked closely at the other two instruments, checking for damage, before putting them on and activating them.

"Locate Ms. Walking Bear," Brackman said. A map of the station was displayed and Danica's location was indicated by a flashing room, one of the Science Labs. Brackman took off the sunglasses, placing them back in their case, before pocketing the case. He walked out of the shuttle, closing the door behind him. He left the dock, passing the briefly deactivated forcefield again, before heading to the Science Labs, with the security detail following him once again. 

Author:  Argus [ Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:15 am ]

...Argus couldnt believe what he just did, he looked around shocked and confused trying to figure out why he did that, but he couldnt, their were so many probabilities for him doing that to Brackman. He couldnt figure out if it was a error in his programming or not...

"I still think I should continue to watch, Brackman. Half of me wants to trust him, the other half isnt sure. But until he proves otherwise it would be wise to give him the benefit of the doubt. So I will go and keep an eye on him now." Argus said nodding towards Rangwere, before he disappeared in an aura of blue light.

<Argus reappeared next to Danica> 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:06 pm ]

As Danica continued to pour over the data that had been delivered to her by the Concordia, she heard the familiar whine of a transporter beam, and was somehow not surprised when Argus shimmered into existance. Apparently the canine had the run of the Station, and Captain Rangwere obviously knew of his existance, so the ensign surmised it was not a security risk.

"Greetings Argus," she said. "Have you come for a visit, or do you bring more information for me?"

Moments later, the doors to Sciences opened, and in strode Dr. Brackman, accompanied by a security detail.

Her first day on the job had become even more interesting.

"Good afternoon, Dr. Brackman," she said to the older man. "I was just reading about you. May I be of some assistance?" 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:01 pm ]

Brackman replied, "The Concordia has been contaminated with a very deadly compound. I have research for a cure that is almost complete, however the last part of the formula has been unattainable and the research mostly abandoned for years. Perhaps with a fresh perspective, this problem can be solved."

Brackman handed Danica the PADD he had in hand.

"I've edited out as much of the classified material as I could without rendering the data useless. However, I can tell you the formula for the cure as of now. Don't worry, you can't figure out what you're trying to tackle - the formula is a modification for a general cure-all that has been worked on by Starfleet for generations. The main problem is the fact that the compound is never fully eliminated, no matter how many modifications of the original formula is attempted. And with this stuff, a few nano-grams is enough to shorten your lifespan considerably." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:59 am ]

Alan was talking about the plan of attack for the deck by deck sweep with Commander Shepard, and just about to take the new treatment to the infected security officer, when O'Mannin and a somewhat haggard looking Urban showed up in sickbay,

Larson looked at Shepard and said, "I guess I should see if the doc needs my help, if not, I can start the sweep on deck one, sir."

((OFF: sorry about not posting more, life has been busy!!)) 

Author:  Fredrick Dwight [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:57 am ]

Dwight walked into the sickbay and looked around. "Has it calmed down finally? I had to make sure that Engineering was scrubbed clean.... there is no way I was going to let any of that Borg junk cling to anything in my domain." He asked one of the Nurses. "I am here to get a medical scan."

He was rather distant, he was worried about his team from engineering that had become ill, he didn't know what was going on, but he felt it wasn't good. It was a mystery, and He disliked mysteries, or Surprises for that matter.

The Nurse only blinked before leaving, Most likely to tell the doctor he was here.

((OOC: okay... Live decided I needed to go at warp 3 for a while, my apologies, I will be coming back though, so I hope everything is okay.)) 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:07 am ]

While Alan was on his way from the lab to O'Mannin, and the somewhat bent Urban, he noticed Lt. Dwight come in, and overheard him ask for his medical scan. He stopped the nurse who was speeding to bother the doctor with an update on sickbay's latest visitor. It seemed to him that everyone, with the exception of Dr. Spock himself, had visited this sickbay recently.

"It's okay nurse", he said "Take this hypospray to the EMH, and ask him to administer it to the pale crewman in biobed one. I'll handle our latest walk in. Dr. O'Mannin needs to focus on Lt. Urban right now." She nodded at Larson, and moved toward the bald man on the far side of the room.

"I hope everyone is watching me now!!" Alan thought to himself.
He really felt like he was hitting his stride. He also got an extra boost confidence knowing that Lt. Martin, Dr. O'Mannin, Lt. Dwight , and Commander Shepard, were all in this room. "I can impress them all!!", he thought "Someone will notice, and pull me out of that tiny lab!! Just stay calm. You do your best work under stress!! Just do it. Don't mess up, and maybe you'll move up!!

"Commander, just wait one moment, while I scan Lt. Dwight" He said as he turned his head back toward the lab. "We, or I, can start that deck by deck scan very soon."

"Lt.Martin", Alan said "You have far more medical experience than me, you'll want to help the critical patients." Martin barely glanced up from the crewman he was hovering over, as if he was not even there, and hadn't been for weeks. Martin was spent, done.

"Dr. O'mannin, I can clear Lt.Dwight for duty, unless you want to look yourself." Larson said, as he was already setting his tricorder and stepping in front of Dwight.

"This will only take a minute, Lt.Dwight", he said, lifting the hand scanner past Dwight. "Just out of curiosity, what do you think of my plan to contain the QAI?" 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  omannin [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:33 pm ]

Daniel heard the voice of the Chief Engineer and stopped in his tracks. The words he was hearing had nothing to do with the request he had made earlier and perhaps if the man had been so caught up in his work the message had not registered. Knowing that is was vitally important to begin gathering the blood samples he thought he better make the request in person this time.

He still had not eaten a thing and his stomach was beginning to protest loudly but like the house call it would have to wait. Again his mind went back to the fateful day aboard the Mandela. Shaking his head quickly he successfully dislodged the thought and sighed trying to calm himself down.

"Go ahead Ensign," he said to Larson with a nod and a faint smile, "I am sure you'll do a fine job."

He turned to face the Engineer and tilted his head slightly, "it was good of you to come sir, thank you for your cooperation." He stopped for a moment then continued, "When can I expect to see the Engineering staff arriving for their blood draw sir." The Doctor turned to the Ensign quickly and stated, "he'll need one two Larson."

"Sorry sir," he began again, "I'm in a bit of a hurry."

O'Mannin nodded and turned in the direction of the lab, not waiting for a reply.

Things were happing at a rapid pace. Not one task seemed to be completed before another one arose seeking immediate attention. The furrowed worried look returned to his face as he pondered what he possibly could do to stave off whatever it was that caused the unusual rise in antihistamine.

As he entered the Lab he nodded at the Commander, "strangest thing sir," he said, "Urban must have broke his arm just now and passed out from the pain, Mimas somehow knew from his quarters Urban was in trouble and called me to let me know." He sat down at the comm and turned to look at the commanding officer, "and if that is not strange enough the break... it seems to be completely healed."

The Doctor began to scan through the various charts and graphs present touching the screen in a variety of place bringing up even more data finally shaking his head, "well arm the torpedoes there certainly isn't anything here to account for it."

"I'm going to take this into Doctor D...," he stopped and a ruddy tone crossed his face, "my office," he corrected with a chuckle.

"Computer please transfer this data to... my office," Danial said looking over again at the Commander.

"Excuse me," he said with a nod and left for the adjacent office.
He scanned the ward as he passed and notice a few more science officer coming in as he had requested and was grateful he would not have to re-notify the Chief Science officer as well.

His shift was far from over and yet there would be no reprieve for the foreseeable future. He sat in the chair that now was rightfully his and gave a sigh. Not far form it was the food replicator. He pondered for a moment what he would select and decided to be a bit more adventurous than the familiar Human and Betazoid dishes he typically preferred. "Computer," the doctor began, I will have a Hasperat please, perhaps a bid milder than the last time. His previous experiences with the burrito like food was, well, tear jerking to say the least and Daniel did not relish a repeat of the same performance.

Almost as soon as he had placed the order the desired dish appeared. Daniel took the dish the burrito-like food rest on over to the computer terminal and sat it down. Then an idea struck him and he turned to face the replicator again., " and I will have a glass of root beer, 600 millilitres, chilled please."

He looked with satisfaction as the beverage shifted into existence and took the familiar liquid. Condensation formed on the outer portion of the clear glass receptacle that held the brown, bubbling liquid. Taking in a deep breath he then placed his lips to the glass and took a sip of the contents with great satisfaction. He relished the relief from the tasks that still lay ahead of him, even if it was only for a moment. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:44 am ]

Alan finished up the scan with his new medical tricorder. It was holding up nicely, even after being nearly overloaded by Doctor Brackman, and scanning so many of his crew mates in the past few hours.

Lt. Dwight seemed to be holding up nicely too, except for the low blood sugar, and slight variations in vital stats that would suggest Dwight hadn't found any time to eat recently, much like most of the able bodied on Concordia.

"I'm going to draw that uhh.. blood now, sir. Then you are to proceed directly to the food replicator in the lab. You can eat it on your way back to your station if you like, but I'm sure the doctor will back me up on this, sir." Larson said as he steadied himself to handle the blood draw."We don't need to lose another officer to something that can be prevented, Ensign Mimas had to be excused from bridge duty because he did not eat, for hours."

"You will feel some pressure." Alan said, as he inserted the freshly labeled vial into the sample extractor.
"You never answered me about containing the QAI." He said as the vial filled. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:36 am ]

Sickbay - Concordia

...Urban was continueing to figure out what was a dream and what was reality, he got up from the table he was on and looked around, he saw one of the doctors and charged him, then began to pummel him, unknown to those in the sickbay, Urban suddenly woke up and charged Omannin thinking he was the scientist who was experimenting on him and started to pummel at him, hitting him in the chin, then in the gut, Urban couldnt stop as he was or thought he was attacking the scientist who was doing experiments on him, but he was reliving events of his past and it effected those around him in his present, as if he was attacking a ghost from his past... 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:32 am ]

Concordia-Medical Officers Office

The Doctor's mind even while enjoying the beverage was not at ease. The Chief of Security had put him in an ethical dilemma that was of the half Betazoids on choosing as he agreed to it. Yet as much as he wished to keep his promise he knew that he could not. The thought of breaking his word lay heavy on him but as events began to happen in the ward it was quickly pressed away by more urgent matters.

Daniel saw Lieutenant Urban rising from the table. The scene was in slow motion as the Doctors fight or flight response kicked into full gear. "Nurse," he shouted, "Restrain Urban." However, it was as if he were in a nightmare and no one seemed to respond.

The man who moments before had been unresponsive was now charging towards him, his eyes somewhat glazed an a look of determined anger shining threw them. Pressing his badge he began to make a call for help, "O'Mannin to...," but his words were cut short as his bubbling beverage became airborne knocked form his hand and splashing all over the medical officers office as Urban's fist made contact with is Daniel's chin. Then the O'mannin bucked under the force of the security officer's second blow.

Daniel had never been a great fighter. Thought he could use a phaser with some degree of accuracy his hand-to-hand skills left far more to be desired. "Ur..ban," the doctor managed but only weakly as the air escaped from his lungs and he began to drop to the now stick, wet floor. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:11 pm ]

Ian saw the doctor drop to the floor from Urban's blow. Shepard immediately grabbed Urban's arms, and after a short tussle, wrestled him to a standstill. "Get a forcefield up here," he said as he slowly pulled the lieutenant over to the primary biobed. After getting Urban restrained behind the forcefield, the commander offered his hand to the fallen doctor. "You okay?" he asked. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:56 pm ]

...Urban felt someone restrain him and he saw what looked like one of the Scientists helpers and slugged him across the face, unknown to him, he just slugged Ian. But soon he was restrained fully and was restrained on a biobed with a forcefield...

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. SONYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Urban screamed outloud as he couldnt distinguish from reality and his dream. "What are you going to do with me now, Director." as he raised his voice towards Ian who he thought was the Director of the facility he was at, still unable to distinguish from reality as he associated everything from his past with the present. 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:23 pm ]

Gustaf Brackman wrote:
Brackman replied, "The Concordia has been contaminated with a very deadly compound. I have research for a cure that is almost complete, however the last part of the formula has been unattainable and the research mostly abandoned for years. Perhaps with a fresh perspective, this problem can be solved."

Brackman handed Danica the PADD he had in hand.

"I've edited out as much of the classified material as I could without rendering the data useless. However, I can tell you the formula for the cure as of now. Don't worry, you can't figure out what you're trying to tackle - the formula is a modification for a general cure-all that has been worked on by Starfleet for generations. The main problem is the fact that the compound is never fully eliminated, no matter how many modifications of the original formula is attempted. And with this stuff, a few nano-grams is enough to shorten your lifespan considerably."

"I am afraid I don't understand, Doctor," said Danica, transferring the PADD's data to her terminal. "You edit out certain data, then tell me I 'cannot figure out what I'm trying to tackle,' then present me with a formula that appears to be within the purveyance of Medical, not Sciences. How, exectly, would you like me to proceed with this particular set of data, not having a degree in medicine?"

She switched gears.

"Does this contamination have anything to do with the Borg incursion suffered by the Concordia? Are you of the opinion that I can help devise some non-medical solution to this problem?"

Danica was trying to make sense of her first assignment with some difficulty, a feeling only exascerabted by Argus, who had been distrustful of Brackman. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:19 pm ]

Brackman raised his eyebrows.

"You do have some background in chemistry, if I'm not mistaken. The missing section of the formula is supposed to locate the aging component of the compound, the only non-treatable effect, for the rest of the cure to target and destroy. It seems simple enough, but all attempts to complete the formula have ended in failure."

"As for the Borg attack, it seems that during the disarray, a vial of mine had escaped its fastenings and released its contents after it hit some sharp debris and smashed. It is very unfortunate that this had occurred and a solution must be found quickly."

Turning to a nearby console, Brackman added, "And since you're going to ask sooner or later, I had the vial with me because its contents were too dangerous to be left without constant watch. While my shuttle is usually secure, there have been instances where its security has been breached, despite QAI's attempts to stop the intruders." 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:19 pm ]

"Antichronoton radiation," replied Danica immediately. Noticing Dr. Brackmann's nonplussed expression, the ensign continued, "In the Delta Quadrant, the USS Voyager encountered a race from an alternate timeline called the Krenim. One of Voyager's passengers was effected by chronoton radiation. Their EMH was able to reverse the effects by programming a biotemporal chamber and applying antichronotons. If we can access Voyager's medical records, or perhaps speak directly with the ship's EMH, we might be able to duplicate his efforts."

Glancing at the data on her workstation, the young woman looked back at the older man, raising one eyebrow.

"This is just conjecture," she offered. "I may be able to offer a more detailed plan once I have time to review the data provided." 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:23 pm ]

Daniel wheezed heard as he struggled to fill his lungs back up. He grabbed a hold of the edge of the desk and pulled himself up to his knees and finally to his feet. The Commander took on the Every breath was painful but slowly his breathing became less difficult.

He could see the Commander step in and take on Urban getting him down and held in place by a force field. He shook his head and breathed deeply savory the experience.

"Thank you commander," he said a sheepish look on his face, " I think you better follow me into my office... I better start explaining what I know."

O'Mannin chastised himself for the ethics violation he was about to make but he felt it could not be helped. He also cursed inwardly that he let Urban convince him to make a promise he should have never made. The Doctor had tried to get the Chef Security Officer to tell Shephard on his own about the nanoprobes that were wreaking havoc in the Lieutenant but to no avail. Now, in light of the latest developments he would have no choice.

"I will wait for you in my office sir," he said looking down at the floor and walking the short distance to seat behind the desk. He did not know exactly what he was going to say but he knew there would be repercussions and possibly a review by the ethics review board and a letter of reprimand to his personal file.

"O'Mannin to Ensign Mimas," he left off his rank fearing he may not have if for long and to speak it might just bring its loss that much sooner, "I am afraid I will not be able to meet you in your quarters sir. If you would like to see me I suggest you meet me in my office, O'Mannin out. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Mimas [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:49 pm ]

Mimas, after making the emergency call, had returned back to the cushon, and was allready back on the path of meditation, when a soft tone sounded. It was one of the personal modifications he had asked the computer to apply in his rooms.
The soft tone indicated that someone had tried to contact him through his communicator, and that the message had been recorded till he was ready to hear it.

He had asked for this modifications, since he could not risk being abruptly torn out of the frequent meditations he did...
Such things would have dangerous concequences... Instead he had trained himself to come out of meditational state, as soon as certain tones, sounds, were played...
Since the tone indicated that none of the words 'emergency, red allert, all hence' were in the message, Mimas had a choice to either come out, or remain in meditation...

The thing was... he was reluctant to leave the meditation, he wanted to find out why an injury to a superior officer would be able to insert into his own personal state of meditation... What had caused that breach in his quiet place...?

Also, from this meditational place, he could hear cries... distant echoes of heavy traumatical experiences... things that were not suposed to be there...
some cries were clearly words, even a name... a female name...

At the time of the soft computer-bleep, Mimas was not even close to reaching the deep level of meditation, and therefore the 'bleep' itself had missed its purpose, and became a disturbing thing...

Gathering his strength and focus, he rose back to the surface of reality, and, after some minutes, slowly went back to his comunicator

=^="O'Mannin to Ensign Mimas, I am afraid I will not be able to meet you in your quarters sir. If you would like to see me I suggest you meet me in my office, O'Mannin out.=^=

Oh, right!... He had nearly forgotten all about what had happened to him on the bridge...

Vulcan meditation will do that to you, he smiled... thx granddad, l realy owe you one for teaching me this...

He looked at the time, and noticed that a few hours had passed since his collapse on the bridge...

"One large coffee, please" Mimas said to the replicator, and after a few seconds, he left his quarters, whith a hot cup in his hand, from which he was lurking.

In his mind he began to build a shield, to protect him from the big noise he expected to feel.

Just precaution, he assured himself, l cannot afford to loose my focus now...

Upon entering sickbay he noticed ltd Urban, restrained by forcefield. A vague memory of the cries in his meditation connected with the sight of ltd Urban, and some piece of some puzzle fell into it's place, although it was not determined yet what the puzzle was...
Mimas quickly moved on, chimed at o'mannins office.... and entered to find o'mannin and sheppard allready sitting at the desk.

"l'm sorry, l did not realise..."
Mimas looked at the comander, then at o'mannin, then back at the door, and decided to wait.
Maybe he could learn something more here...
Maybe he was wanted here... 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:59 pm ]

Brackman looked thoughtful, "Antichronotons...unfortunately, this is a natural compound, not temporal radiation or particles. A biotemporal chamber is also mostly likely not designed for this purpose, not to mention the difficultly of building one in such short notice. The aging is also unnatural, artificial." The word artifical rang in Brackman's ears.

"Perhaps we should use the Borg nanoprobes to combat the compound. They are sufficently advanced to be reprogrammed to attack organisms at a molecular level. They should be able to eliminate other molecules too."

Brackman started pressing a few buttons on the console he stood in front of. The console displayed the schematics for a nanoprobe. Brackman brought up the code used to fight Species 8472.

"With a few adjustments, the nanoprobes could be sufficently altered to target the aging compound. The crew might not be very happy with this solution, but I don't think there will be much of a psycological factor." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:00 am ]

Sickbay, USS Concordia

The move that Urban made toward O'Mannin caught Larson's attention, even though his back was turned to most of sickbay. He had his eyes fixed on Lt. Dwight's eyes, because looking at the blood slowly moving into the vial may, or may not, have been too much for Alan to handle. He knew he had a good vein. The green light on the tool he was using let him know before he started the draw.

He saw the move reflected in Dwight's eyes, and calmed the man before he could rise, because he also saw Commander Shepard's move to restrain Urban a split second later, also in Dwight's widening eyes.

He clamped a hand on Dwight's thigh and said, "Don't move, or you will rip open a big vein, and uhh.. bleed out. You don't want that to happen. I know for sure that I don't, so just wait a few more seconds, then we can both help, if we need to."

"Commander Shepard has the situation under control."
Dwight's leg flexed. Alan tightened his grip a little more, then let go, just as Shepard put up the force field.

"You see, everything is fine, Mr. Urban is no longer a threat." All of this he said and did, without even unlocking his gaze into his patient's eyes, or looking at what was happening just a few meters away from him. I am cool under pressure, when it counts!! he thought to himself. Just don't get cocky...

" I'm done now. Lets help the doctor to his feet" he whispered to Dwight, calmly. They both stopped, as Shepard was already helping the doctor up.

"Thank you , Commander" Alan said. He then realized that Lt. Martin had not even noticed, and Dr. O'Mannin was too dazed to speak. It was on him to calm the medical staff.

"Just get back to work, everyone, the doctor will be fine, and Commander Shepard is here to help." 

Author:  Argus [ Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:48 am ]

...Argus decided to speak up at this point as he quickly put himself between Gustaf and Danica...

"I may have had a lapse in programming earlier but if you harm a single human and treat these people as your personal lab rats, ill find that as an offense and react accordingly, Doctor." Argus said through his voice synthensizers. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:44 pm ]

"You can talk?" Brackman said, his voice showing a hint of surprise, "In any case, harm is the last thing I want to cause. In fact, once the nanoprobes removes the compound, the crew will be as right as rain. The nanoprobes could be extracted if they so desire after the compound is removed, but they could prove useful in fighting off foreign pathogens, if programmed to do so. Now, the only question is where we will get the necessary amount of nanoprobes." 

Author:  Argus [ Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:10 pm ]

"Nano probes or any computer can be programmed to do harm or not. Ill do the programming to ensure that the next site you see isnt the vaccuum of space. Is that Understood, Doctor!. As for the Nanoprobes, ask your friends Doctor Heimer and Docter Jenkins. You remember them, now GO!" came the computerized voice as Argus started to move towards Gustaf, hoping to move him towards the door. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:45 pm ]

Brackman frowned at Argus.

"I don't know who you are talking about. And even if I did, there is still the question of how we should eliminate the compound still remaining in the air. Unless you want to have everyone who wants to go onboard the Concordia injected with nanoprobes, a solution must be found. I was thinking something along the lines of using the ship's forcefields as filters and having the compound vaporized and leaving the rest of the air untouched." 

Author:  Argus [ Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm ]

"Please excuse us, Doctor. The Ensign and I need to discuss a few things in private." Argus said trying to sound polite but every single program in his CPU was itching to rip his arm off. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:11 am ]

Faraness was going through the reports and scans of the outbreak herself to see if there was anything she could put together. She started to read context from the Concordia's CMO which stated information about the contaminated subjects having high antihistamine levels. It also then goes on listing the names of the conaminated crew and their histamine levels but one name pops out that nearly puts the Captain in shock. Ensign Omannin's report states that Mr Gustaf Brackman had an extremely high amount of antihisamines in his system meaning that he was infected.

He's here, on the station, roaming free, and he is infected....

She hits the stationwide comm button, "All hands this is Captain Faraness." She said in a commanding voice, "I'm putting the whole station on a medical quarantine effective immediately. All non-essential personel report back to your quarters. I repeat, the station is going into a full medical quarantine. Faraness out."

She then opened a comm to Brackman.

"Faraness to Brackman, ive been reading over the reports about this contaminant. Dr Omannin's report states all that are infected have an extemely high amount of antihistamines in their system. It also reports you to be infected with one of the most highest levels of antihistamine out of everyone. That cure is now not only to save the crew of the Concordia, but also youself and who ever you have infected on the station. I damn well hope you find a cure soon because there are now hundreds of people's lives at stake. Faraness out."

She ends the comm with Mr Brackman before he can even make a reply and opens a new comm with the Concordia.

"Captain Faraness to Commander Shepard, we need to talk" She awaited a reply... 

Author:  Argus [ Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:19 am ]

"Hmmm, this makes more sense, now doesnt it, Doctor. You live or you die, interesting predicament your in and right now your infecting the doctor with your inhuman breath, your very nature has harmed this entire station, now the question is what to do to you sense im the only one immune to your infectious state, was this an act of WAR! against the station as a form of payback for something they did, Biological and Nanite warfare isnt beneath you. Is it!" Argus said.

"Computer, put up a level 10 containment forcefield between the Doctor and Danica." Argus ordered the computer and soon the reply came back as the forcefield went up splitting the room in two. Danica on one side with her computer's and Gustaf on the other with Argus..........God help him...... 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:13 am ]

Commander Shepard - Sickbay, U.S.S. Concordia

"Now that that's under control, I suggest we begin working on a way to cure him. Doctor, what--"

A message came through at that moment, interrupting Shepard mid-sentence. "Commander, we're receiving a top priority communique from the station. It's addressed to you specifically, sir."

"I'll take it down here, Ensign," Shepard responded. A viewer in the CMO's office lit up, ready to display the channel. Shepard tapped the screen, and the visage of Captain Rangwere appeared. "Captain," Shepard said, "my communications officer told me your message was urgent. Is there a problem - more of a problem, I should ask?" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:45 am ]

Alan, not knowing about the escalation of the medical situation, decided to contact Ensign Walking Bear. He wondered if she had made any headway with Brackman's data, because he hadn't had a chance to take a second look. Sickbay was full, and injured crew came first. There was also the deck by deck sweep. He knew that he would also soon be swamped with crew members, looking to get blood work."Great", he thought to himself, "More blood. I should be over this blood shyness by the time I hit the rack tonight."

Larson was going to be busy with both things, and this might be his only chance to contact his counter part aboard the station.

-/\-Larson to Walking Bear, Have you had a chance to look at that data stream I sent you?-/\- 

Author:  omannin [ Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:58 pm ]

Daniel acknowledged the Commanders entrance and sighed knowing what he was about to do would bring him excruciating mental distress. His training had taught him that one did not share medical information freely. He also felt morally bound to keep the confidence he had made with the Lieutenant who now lay under a force field in his sickbay.

The commander began to speak but was cut off midsentence by the incoming message regarding a top priority communiqué. The Doctor sighed knowing that this would only lengthen his agony, draw it out as if it were made of rubber.

At the door appeared Ensign Mimmas in response to the message the Doctor had sent a few moments earlier. Knowing that Shephard would wish his privacy he stood, excused himself quietly and walked towards the waiting officer at the door.

"Sorry sir," he offered in a low tone, "I am going to have to meet with the Commander privately first but apparently he has received some sort of message that is going to lengthen that time."

"I really want to talk with you Ensign, he continued, "but things have been rather... busy here lately and... could you wait a few minutes while we have our conversation?"

"Now," Daniel went on, "if you will excuse me I really should get back with the Commander."

He nodded at Mimmas and then walked the short distance back to his seat to await the Commander. 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:06 pm ]

Larson's communication arrived just as Argus was erecting the force field, effectively trapping her with the containment field.

=/\= Walking Bear here. Yes, ensign, I received it, along with a subsequent file from Dr. Brackman himself. It appears that Dr. Brackman is contaminated with the same virus that has quarantined the Concordia. He believes the cure may be to use your ship's force fields to filter out the contaminants. I am less convinced. Between the two of you, and everything else that keeps happening, it will take me several hours at the least to even begin to speculate on what the best cause of action might be. =/\=

She watched as Argus menaced the doctor. =/\= Perhaps if you were to speak to Dr. Brackman directly? =/\=

Danica thanked her Vulcan heritage that she was able to supress the emotion that made her want to yell at everyone she'd met so far to just calm down. She was the junior officer here, and her first official day on the job to boot. It would take time to get used to these people, and it wasn't their fault they were born non-Vulcan. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:51 am ]

=/\=Really, Ensign? He is effected also? I am getting ready to take blood from a huge number of my fellow crew members, and then start a multiphasic, atomosphereic, sub-space, multispectral, and who knows whatever else, deck-by-deck scan to try and figure out what the hell is going on over here!! All we have to go on is some weird histamine levels. So yes, by all means, if Dr. Brackman is ready to play ball, and shed some light on the situation, I'm all ears!! My efforts could be properly focused, and my work load subtantally lightend. Not to mention, the welfare of the crew restored, and a station-wide outbreak averted. I'm standing by.=/\=

Depending on what Brackman and Walking Bear had for him, Alan guessed he would either remain here to assist Lt. O'Mannin with a medical solution, or head back to his own lab, and work on a technical answer. It didn't matter which. If Brackman was worried about himself enough to help find a cure, time must be a factor. Larson was eager to get started, after all, he did his best work under pressure. 

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:38 am ]

Captain Shepard's face appeared on the screen on Faraness's desk.

"Captain," Shepard said, "my communications officer told me your message was urgent. Is there a problem - more of a problem, I should ask?"

"Theres much more of a problem captain," She replied, "Mr Brackman was infected with the virus before he got onto the station. He has come into contact with a lot of my staff who all may now be infected. I've just had to put the whole station into a medical quarantine." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:11 am ]

As the forcefield was raised, Brackman said, "I have high antihistamines...and your point is what exactly? You have no data to compare that to. No one has access to my medical records and comparing me against everyone else is hardly reasonable, considering you know practically nothing about me."

"In any case, the contaminant that has infected the Concordia has been inside me most of my life. In fact, my body has adapted to it so much that I would die without it - or with it if it is in an uncontrolled state, which what the crew has been affected with." 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:43 pm ]

Danica opened a channel to raise Larson aboard the Concordia.

"Dr. Brackman," she said aloud from behind the containment field, "I have Ensign Larson from the Concordia onscreen. I believe the time for circumlocution has passed, and request that the three of us begin working on a cure. If you are infected and contageous, then I have probably been exposed as well, which means, Argus, that I do not feel the containment field is necessary."

She paused for a moment to make sure Larson was online, then looked back at Brackman and continued.

"Will you help us, or not?" 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:57 pm ]

Commander Shepard - Sickbay, U.S.S. Concordia

"Dr. Brackman? I wasn't even aware he'd left the ship! He left shortly before I declared the quarantine, perhaps he slipped out in the meantime. Damn it!" he said, pounding his fist hard onto the nearby desk, which didn't take a scratch. "This is just getting worse and worse." He took a moment to breathe. "Alright, since the station is compromised as well, there's no reason to quarantine the station and the Concordia from one another. Our medical crews can work much faster if they can cooperate face-to-face." 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:04 pm ]

"True you may have been exposed, Danica. However, the less your exposed to the same thing the better it is for you. Sense im sure as a person of science youll agree that if you continue to get exposed to the same thing repeatedly then your chances to get sick and possible die increases. Your immune system may drop in the process to give access to many more contagions that you will run into later. So forgive me, but the safety of this station and all those within it are my first priority." Argus said as he walked up to Brackman.

"If your immune to this, then you wont mind if your blood is drawn for study and possibly an antidote, now would you?" Argus asked Brackman.

=^= "Faraness, if you havent locked down the station and erected the neccessary forcefields to prevent any contagions from spreading I suggest you do it now. Medical personel should be put into EVA suits or whatever to prevent them from spreadingf the virus further and increasing the possible deaths if this plague is capable of claiming lives, while your medical staff can also administer to the sick as needed. Sense im immune to this, ill help where I can." =^= Argus said activating his internal comm system. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  omannin [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:30 pm ]

Daniel could feel his temper begin to rise. Not only had this Dr. Brackman managed to get the Concordia involved in some sort of altercation with the Borg but also infect, himself and the space station as well. The Doctor tried to hide his contempt for the situation as well as the one he was holding responsible for the situation. He stayed silent not wanting to voice his concerns that this was all planned and executed by one man, that one man was Brackman. Though it was true that Lieutenant Urban had been carrying his Nanoprobes for some time before the good Doctor had arrived aboard their ship they did not malfunction until he arrived.

He had overheard the mention of something call a QAI and that it belonged somehow to Doctor Brackman. What he understood is that somehow it was on their ship and in their computers system in some way resting like a sleeping dragon waiting to be awakened and destroy them apart.

To be quite frank basked on what he knew for the medical scan alone would be enough to raise his eyebrows. Chemicals and compounds not normally found in a living sentient being that he was aware of. His thoughts began to focus on the possibility that Doctor Brackman was not a forthcoming as he should have been and it was even possible that he was working as part of the Borg to assimilate the entire expansion fleet. Though it was true that the altered race had lost a sphere, their acquisition of a starship of Concordia's caliber and a starbase would be considered strategically worth it.

Somehow Daniel knew he would have to work with the man even if he could not trust him. Since he got them into the mess, he would be part of the solution he was sure. With the lives of so many at steak he had no choice but to suppress his feelings towards the man and try to think rationally in order to combat whatever it was they were facing. 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:46 pm ]

Danica sighed.

"This is getting us nowhere. I would very much prefer it if we could all lose the adversarial attitudes and work together to resolve this problem. I have Ensign Larson on the comm. Doctor, you and I are here. Can we work on fixing this or not?"

Danica resolved to have a chat with Lieutenant Fleech when he finally returned from wherever it was that was keeping him from fulfilling his duties as Chief Science Officer. 

Author:  Mimas [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:15 pm ]

outside of o'mannins office, mimas patiently waited till he was called for... just like in a waiting room of a medecins practice...

Time goes faster when you give it something to do, and being aware of the situation he had encountered during his meditation, Mimas closed his eyes, and let the tentacle of his mind reach out.... not sure what he was reaching for, he focussed his thoughts and mind to the screaming he had heard... Screams of anxiety, of pain, of loved ones being hurt... of betrayal maybe?...
How could he find more pieces to fill the gaps in this puzzle of thoughts, emotions, or lack of emotions remembering Brackmans icecold behaviour during Borg battle... All of this somehow was connected, all of this somehow lead to o'mannin... his giant of emotional noise, behind this door, having a meeting with Cmd Sheppard...

Mimas all of a sudden recognised that emotional white noise he had encountered before he collapsed on the bridge... It must have been... what... some 8 years ago? On Betazed... Mimas must have been nearly graduating University... Yes, that's it, during the final examinations... One of his fellow students emitted a similar noise.... Only back then Mimas had been well rested, and was therefor not as much disturbed by it... also, the particullar examination when this happened, concerned mental focus: Mimas had passed that exam by using a mental barrier against outside interferance... mentally or otherwise... (again thank you granddad).
But the student, so it seemed, had been cheating, and had tried to keep his secret hidden from the probing minds of the professors... by emitting emotional noise.... not as strong as o'mannins', similar enough to believe o'mannin, just like the student, had a secret... There was something in his mind, that he did not want others to know about.

Mimas looked at o'mannins door.

What is going on in there...? he wondered 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:44 pm ]

Moving toward a console, Brackman said, "Immunity is not the word I would use. I believe I mentioned the compound causes accelerated aging. I suffered from that effect until I was aged to my present condition. A formula was devised at the time to neutralize the compound, but it had the side effects of stopping my aging completely and granting me above average health."

"The compound remains inside me, but as long as its effects are continually negated, I am in no danger, though if it was eliminated completely, I would revert back to my form prior to the addition of the compound. However, unless you want to doom everyone on that ship to living for the rest of eternity, I recommend against using the same formula that I have had to use."

Pressing a few buttons on the console, Brackman added, "And for the first and last time, it is not a virus, it is a chemical compound. Everyone seems to be getting all hyped up about a virus that doesn't exist...I'd classify this incident as a chemical spill in any of those reports you people will have to write up on this. Less of a scare, if you think about it, not to mention I won't be hanged for leaving the ship."

Continuing to work at his console, Brackman said, "The simplest and most achievable solution is to program medical nanites to eliminate the compound. The ship and the station should have a good supply and they should suit our purposes easily enough, though we should still use them for the psycological effect. Inject some in everyone and scatter the rest throughout the ship and everything should be fine in a day or two. Minute amounts of the compound will not trigger the accelerated aging and the ship's filters will have some luck sooner or later." 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:50 pm ]

"Chemical warfare now is it? Admitting you did this on purpose, arent you?" Argus said as he patrolled the room keeping an eye on Backman. 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:21 pm ]

"That is enough, Argus," said Danica sharply. "We need to fix the problem, not get sidetracked with accusations." She glanced at the viewscreen. "Ensign Larson, did you hear Dr. Brackman? Does that make sense to you?"

Raising her head to regard the older man, she added, "Dr. Brackman, may I ask you to send your data to my screen and to Ensign Larson aboard the Concordia, please?" 

Author:  Argus [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:47 pm ]

"Its never enough, Danica. You do your job and ill do mine." Argus said growling lightly at Danica. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:55 pm ]

"In a fashion, you could view it as chemical warfare, if you would just think about the possible applications of accelerated growth. To intentionally commit such an act against the Federation is unthinkable for me however, having spent most of my years trying to protect it from threats you don't even know exist. That aside, I will transfer the data on the medical nanites now."

Brackman pressed a series of buttons and gave Danica a brief nod before continuing with adjusting the nanites' parameters for their task ahead. 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:51 pm ]

Fleet Admiral Karelia - Command Deck

Karelia had heard the announcement of a contamination on the station and had immediately left his office to find out more. Rounding a corner on Deck 1A, he found Captain Rangwere's office. Without waiting for a doorbell, he stepped in. "Captain," he said in a calm but pressing manner, "what's this about an medical outbreak on the station?" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:12 am ]

=/\=I heard, and also have heard enough. Nanites are the easy way out, but those things stay with you, like the spyroketal, and immune system virus outbreaks of pre-warp earth. I think they should be a last resort. I know I don't want some sort of microscopic thing inside me that may or may not act up at any time, or turn me into to a Borg or who knows what else. If it is a chemical compound, then there are numourous tactics. They range from transporter exclusion to force field manipulation, not to mention various medical possibilities depending on the components of the chemical in question. Pumping myself and crewmates full of nanites is the very last resort I will recomend to my commanding officers. It may work for you, Dr. Brackman, but I can only hope Starfleet brass sides with me, and we find another way out=/\=

Larson hoped that Dwight agreed with him. The Cheif Engineer was still standing near enough to hear, beacuse Larson had put a hand on his shoulder to stop him from leaving as soon as Ensign Walking Bear returned his message. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Faraness Rangwere [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:55 am ]

.... "Alright, since the station is compromised as well, there's no reason to quarantine the station and the Concordia from one another. Our medical crews can work much faster if they can cooperate face-to-face." Came from the viewscreen Faraness was watching.

"I was just about to suggest that myself Captain, I'll Have our med bays prepare for your sick. It should ease you a bit not having an overflowed medbay."

She was about to start another question when the door to her office opened and a more than noticable officer with a 5 pinned admiral set of pips walked in.

"Captain," he said in a calm but pressing manner, "what's this about an medical outbreak on the station?"

She looked at the screen, "I have to go Captain, but keep me posted. Faraness out." She then stood to greet the Admiral.

"Admiral Karelia." she said her hand out to shake his hand.

She got away from any formalities and got straight to the point. "The U.S.S Concordia arrived back from its first mission in a medical quarantine. The crew had been infected with what they had believed was a Borg airborne virus of a type. This was infact not the case. Dr Brackman, the reason for the mission, was carrying vials on his personal that were of a classified chemical compound. During a battle with a borg shpere, one of these vials spilled on the ship were brocken and the chemical leaked out infected numerous crew members. One of the infected was Dr Brackman himself, who seemed to get onto the station witheout Commander Shepard's permission."

She took a breathe and let the Admiral take in what she had just said before continuing, "Dr Brackman has been wondering the corridors of the station and possibly infecting anyone he has come in contact with perhaps even myself and other members of the senior staff aswell. So I had no choice to put the whole station on a medical quarantine until the issue is contained or there is a confirmation that the station has not been contaminated. I've just given the Concordia permission to use the med bays for their sick, to help lessen the workload of the doctor so he can work on helping find a cure." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:11 am ]

"Believe me, I wouldn't suggest this if there was any other way. The trouble is, the compound attachs to critical proteins and, if removed without extreme precision, will take the proteins with them in all conventional treatments. The nanites offer the precision we need. Any other treatment will likely kill the patient in a matter of minutes."

Brackman took out a PADD and briefly consulted it before putting it away and continuing to work at the console. 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:51 pm ]

As the Stations Captain ended her transmitting the Chief Medical Officer was prepared to begin the conversation. Far too much was at steak for him to be timid or reluctant in his words. For the moment protocol had to be overlooked and privacy issues needed to be discarded.

"Commander," the Doctor began, "I hope this does not sound as disrespectful as I fear it might but I have my suspicions that Doctor Brackman might have ulterior motives for infecting the crew both here on the Concordia and on the station." He breathed in and then began again, "It is my understanding that we were sent on a mission to help retrieve a shuttle, a special shuttle that we did not wish to fall into the hands of the Borg. There was an altercation with the Borg in which we were boarded and at least one member of the crew was injected with nanoprobes to be assimilated.

When Lieutenant urban was around this Doctor Brackman he began acting aggressive and irrational, he even collapsed and became unconscious. I discovered at that time he was carrying Nanoprobes and at first I assumed they were a result of the Borg's boarding party. There was however no sign of injection so I was forced to draw the conclusion they had been acquired by some other means. When The Lieutenant came to he informed me that he had been the unwilling subject of experiments involving nanoprobes. I did not inform you at the time because the Urban requested that I keep this information confidential. I did however make attempts to get him to at least inform you of his condition which it seem he chose not to do. Since his symptoms seemed to be related to the Borg's presence and they disappeared I made the assumption that he would be safe to return to duty and that in due time he would be forthcoming with the information regarding his nanoprobes.

Examining the medical information from the crews scans I noticed an increase of antihistamine without the presence of any significant amount of histaminea, this is highly unusual seeing the body only produces a small amount it had to be triggered from an outside source. This led me to believe that something the Borg must have planted was involved.

Then, as you know, I received a communication from Ensign Mimas that suggested Urban was in trouble and he gave his exact location. When I arrived he was unconscious. I gave him a 1cc injection of Cordrazine that should have revived him but unfortunately it had no affect. During my medical scan I noticed he had received a fracture to his right arm, probably a result of his collapse in the holodeck, but it was already in the final stages of the healing process.

As you are already aware one of the main reasons for using nanoprobes is for the healing or defense of the organism they are injected to... that is unless you consider the Borg," Daniel offered a sly smile as he mentioned the last part.

"Now it seems," O'Mannin continued, "that Doctor Brackman was carrying the agent that caused this antihistamine response knowing that there was no viable cure putting our ship in danger. Than knowing the urgency of the conditions aboard the Concordia he still managed to have himself transferred to the station thus spreading whatever contaminate was involved."

He sighed trying not to be emotional about the situation, "Commander, I have no choice but to assume that there is a strong possibility that these events are not unrelated and that they may have been planned rather than coincidental."

"I do realize Commander," the Doctor continued, "that in telling you about Lieutenant Urban's present condition I am violating both his wishes and standard Patient, doctor confidentiality but I feel I have no choice at the present moment. There are hundreds of lives at stake here and as the Vulcans have it, 'the needs of many outweigh the needs of one.'" 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:27 pm ]

"I concur with Ensign Larson," said Danica. Pausing for a moment to enter information into her workstation as she considered Larson's words, she said, "What if we were to adjust the transporters, based on the signatures of the crew of the Concordia, and place the..." she paused before using the word virus, "chemical compound in the transporter buffer? We could collect its genetic sequence and then dispose of it by dispersing its transporter pattern, or beaming it into the vacuum of space. If successful, we can replicate the effort for anyone aboard the station who might have been affected." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:46 pm ]

=/\=Brillant, Ensign Walking Bear. Transporter exclution was my first thought as well. It has proven very effective in the past. In reguards to the potien bonds, this case may prove more difficult, but the ship and station transporters should make due, if they are adjusted properly and manned by an expert crewman.=/\=

Alan gave Lt. Dwight a nod as he continued his hypothisis

=/\= Any trace amounts of the compond left could possible be delt with medicaly, or with additional transporter therapy, after the outbreak is contained in the larger sence, of course. I am sure Dr.O'Mannin will have his own theory, as well as your superior officers, but I think this is the best way to tackle this problem=/\= 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:07 pm ]

Nodding her thanks to Larson, Danica continued, "We can coordinate with medical to adjust the cellular patterns to a state before the infection, perhaps from whenever they had their last physical. Filtering the pattern to this default stage should islolate the compound down to a cellular level and readjust the protein strings. And Ensign Larson, my hypothesis was based on your mentioning of transporter exclusion, so thanks must go to you as well." 

Author:  Argus [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:09 pm ]

"I agree with the both of you, it is best and its less violating then what Brackman suggested. But make sure that you dont beam them back naked, though, Come to think of it, Species Anatomy may be an interesting thing over a course of time for myself." Argus said in such a way that it came off as he was very serious, but in his own mind he was trying to ease a already tense situation with comical relief. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:24 pm ]

"The transporters simply cannot do that. If we could alter people at a cellular level while they are in the pattern buffer, people would have done it already, but you don't see a bunch of horrifically mutated people running around, do you?"

"I do have a variation of your plan however. We perform the transporter exclusion and have a medical team standing by to inject the transported personnel with whatever proteins they are missing. It's cutting it very close, but it's possible. It's dangerous, though less 'violating', and has a good chance of working. You should note that I will have to remove all records of the chemical after the transporter exclusions are done."

Brackman pressed a few more buttons on the console, replacing the nanite code with a list of proteins the chemical could embed itself into.

"Your medical teams will need a good amount of each of these proteins. There's about a dozen, so the scans will have to be performed very quickly." 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:30 pm ]

"Ensign Larson, I'll send Dr. Brackman's data over to you and your medical staff, as well as our own. Of course," she added, with a look towards Brackman, "we'll want to check those proteins to make sure there's nothing...extra added to them."

She had no reason to trust that Brackman wasn't playing some kind of game with them all, and wouldn't put it past the man to try and sneak his nanites into the mix under the guise of expediency. But she also knew that they had to act quickly if they were to contain the problem.

Opening a second channel, the young woman contacted Captain Rangewere.

"Captain, this is Ensign Walking Bear in Science. I have Dr. Brackman here, along with Argus, requesting a security detail in hazmat gear. Dr. Brackman is believed to be carrying the chemical compound that has infected the Concordia crew. I recommend locking this area down until we can effect a cure, including disabling site-to-site transport."

She fixed her gaze on the doctor. "Just a precaution. I'm certain you understand." 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:17 am ]

Fleet Admiral Karelia - Deck 1A

"I see. Thank you, Captain."

Karelia promptly left Rangwere's office for the turbolift, walking with a very intent stride. "Computer," he said, "locate Dr. Gustaf Brackman." The computer chimed. "Dr. Brackman is on Deck 27B, medical department."

Karelia stepped into the turbolift, and when the computer chimed to indicate it's readiness, he replied: "Deck 27B, medical department." As the turbolift departed toward it's destination, Karelia read over a PADD he had with him, that had downloaded all official data on the outbreak. He was sure, however, that the personnel working on the problem already could fill him in better. The admiral began looking over the scans of the first three officers to suffer noticeable symptoms, Lieutenant Karl Urban, Ensign Mimas, and Ensign Alan Larson, all from the Concordia.

Will had to shake himself out of his reading when the turbolift doors slid open. He stepped out of the lift car, and made his way to the medical lab where he found Dr. Brackman, Ensign Walking Bear, and the Argus AI. "Before anyone says anything, I know the risks of coming down here. However, with the majority of the station's medical personnel feeling the full effect of this aging compound, I'd think you might need a hand. I was a doctor before getting this command uniform, after all." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Argus [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:07 am ]

"Your exposure to the cause is unwise, at the very least put on a protection suit just incase. Or I will erect a mobile containment field. Your choice." Argus said to Karellia. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:18 pm ]

Brackman resisted the urge to throw his hands up into the air in frustration.

"The chemical cannot be transferred from person to person through the air. Once it's inside you, it stays there and ages you until you're dead. Unless you ingest the remains, it stops there. However, there may still be some traces of the chemical in the air on the Concordia, I cannot say for sure."

"As I mentioned earlier, I have had this chemical inside me my entire life, but you don't see a trail of shriveled up bodies where I've been." 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:33 pm ]

The connections to the captain and Larson still open, Danica said, "So Dr. Brackman is not contageous." She then brought Admiral Karelia up to speed regarding the compound, and the plan she and Ensign Larson had devised to use a modified transporter to filter out the substance.

"Assuming this meets with your approval, Admiral," she finished, deffering to her superior officer. 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:58 pm ]

Fleet Admiral Karelia - Deck 27B, Medical Lab

Karelia looked at the doctor quizzically. "But you should know, Mr. Brackman, that that does not necessarily mean it was not spread in that way." The admiral pulled up his PADD. "After all, I have a report here of the transporter operator, the one that was on duty when you broke quarantine, checking into the infirmary approximately three hours ago, describing aching joints and blurring eyesight."

He looked up from the PADD. "If I were to check the exact transport logs, I expect I'd find traces of the compound loose in the air of the transporter room, that were brought to the station with you. Given the classified and subtle nature of the compound, it's no surprise that it wasn't caught by the bio-filters. After the compound was loose on the station... well, let's just say that Vernemeton has a very efficient ventilation system." 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:22 pm ]

"That is more likely due to the fact that the compound was released hours ago, during the Borg attack and that the symptoms show up at different rates for everyone. And doubt you would find the compound anywhere but inside me on the station. Unless this station is made from organic tissue or your transporters are faulty, the chemical is isolated on the ship. In fact, I can prove it."

Brackman took out the odd looking pair of sun glasses and put them on.

"Display any traces of element X." The sunglasses displayed a chart and Brackman looked at his hand. Through the sunglasses, he saw it was sparsely covered in varying shades of purple dots, the darker colors indicating the depth of the chemical. He then looked at the rest of the room, which had no varying colors whatsoever. Taking them off, he held them out to Karelia.

"Here, put these on. If you look at me, you will see that I have the chemical inside me. If you look at anyone else, you will see nothing out of the ordinary." 

Author:  Will Karelia [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:07 am ]

Admiral Karelia - Deck 27B, Medical Lab

"I'm referring to the transporter operator for the starbase. Three hours ago, he checked into the station's infirmary for issues that could be easily attributed to an accelerated-aging compound. Soon thereafter, several of the medical staff began suffering from similar symptoms. I don't know how, Doctor, but this compound of yours is spreading, and if we can't stop it, we'll all be living to a ripe old age on this station, and not one of us will live past a week." 

Author:  Argus [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:33 am ]

"Ill live." Argus said as he went to lay down in a corner. 

Author:  Gustaf Brackman [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:17 am ]

"Impossible," Brackman declared.

Brackman took out what looked to be a medical tricorder, opened a panel, and placed it against his arm. A moment later, a sample of his blood had been taken and he looked at the results. His face was briefly astonished before taking on a look of anger.

"Something has modified a few molecules of the chemical inside me. The modified chemical has escaped my body. That's what must be harming your officers." 

Author:  Danica Walking Bear [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:42 pm ]

Around and around again, thought Danica.

"Admiral, as I have stated, Ensign Larson and I have theorized a cure for the compound. As time seems to be a factor, may we begin its implementantion?" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:37 pm ]

Sickbay, Concordia
=/\=Begging the Admiral's pardon, but getting a straight answer, or any answer at all, out of Dr. Brackman is next to impossible. Trust me, I've tried. Ensign Walking Bear is right, sir, and I am ready to get started over here. Lt. Dwight has been listening in, and is also ready to get started on the transpoter adustments right away.=/\=

Alan hoped the Admiral had heard enough, and would give him the green light. Dwight looked at Larson as if to say"Let's do this, aleady!!" 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet