• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Episode 2: "Old Friends"

Started by Vorak, October 01, 2010, 12:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:55 am ]
Post subject:  Episode 2: "Old Friends"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commander Ian Shepard - Captain's Quarters, Deck 3, U.S.S. Concordia

Ian stepped out of the sonic shower and donned a freshly replicated uniform, the fabric fitting perfectly around his large frame. He retrieved his rank pips and secured them to his collar, and affixed his commbadge to his left breast. Shepard left his quarters, and began the short walk to the turbolift.

The Concordia had spent the last few days under close inspection, to ensure that absolutely no trace of the aging compound remained onboard. In addition, several members of Starfleet Intelligence had arrived to debrief the senior staff and to remove all data regarding the compound from the ship's database. Apparently, the chemical was top-secret, and although Ian took issue with Starfleet Intelligence tampering with his ship's computer, the orders had come from the top, and he was in no position to resist.

"Deck One, bridge," he stated upon entering the turbolift. In any case, the Concordia had checked out, and was now on it's first real exploration mission since entering the Delta Quadrant. It was always Ian's hope that he'd be exploring the frontier, ever since he'd learned of Captain Picard as a boy, and had followed the missions of the U.S.S. Enterprise in the newscasts. He'd been lucky enough to actually meet Picard once, as a second-year cadet at Starfleet Academy.

The turbolift door slid open, pulling Shepard from his reminiscence. He stepped over to his command chair and took a seat, looking over to Commander Reid in the seat to his left. "What do you say we get underway, hmm?" he asked. Alyssa smiled in response, and Shepard looked ahead to his helm officer. "Ensign, set heading to two-one-nine by three-four-one. Engage at warp six." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author:  Alan Larson [ Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Episode 2: "Old Friends"

Science Lab, Concordia

Alan was happy to be underway again. This is what he signed on for, exploration of the delta quadrant. He wondered to himself what challenges would await. 

Author:  omannin [ Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:13 pm ]

Doctor Lieutenant Daniel O'Mannin – Personal Quarters - U.S.S. Concordia

Daniel sighed deeply. He had just finished dictating the last of his reports concerning the incident with Doctor Brackman and was relieved it was finally over. There outcome for the one Ensign that had been assaulted by the Borg and given their treatment of choice, Nanoprobe injection, has received the treatment plan he had worked out and would be returning to active duty on this duty roster. It was a testament to both the Doctor and Ensign Larson that everything had went so well for him.

There was however a problem, minor as it might be at the moment, and that was Doctor O'Mannin's hormones were out of balance. He had noticed some of the female crew giving him the once over a few too many times and the sly smiles that accompanied them left him no doubt that something was amiss. Even the male members of the staff were becoming irritable, a sure indicator he needed to address the issue. At first he had written off the actions of the men as stress related or perhaps a tinge of jealousy over his recent promotion but soon he could not dismiss the symptoms and had started treatment.

His first method involved self-medication of sorts with a holographic encounter but that lasted for about a day before they had returned to normal. Now he would have to move on to stage two, the injection, and see how successful that would be.

The young officer glanced in the mirror for one last checking to see everything was in order. He reached up and adjusted the black pip he had recently received even though there really was no real need to. He smiled at himself and than passed through the sliding door into the corridor beyond. Daniel was relieved to find no one waiting for him as he approached the turbolift and as the doors closed behind him he sighed once again, "Sickbay deck 5," he said and than added, "thank you."

He chided himself for his need for politeness even to the ships computer system yet it had served him well in many ways. Often it had softened people's opinions of him when he did so to sentient beings but the computer, even the EMH ever seemed to notice.

The door opened and Daniel stepped into the corridor that still was vacant of personnel. He briskly walked the short distance to sickbay and smiled seeing the place was abandoned. Not a single crewman was in need of medical assistance for the moment and that left time for him to get better acquainted with his new position and the responsibilities it entailed. He slid into his newly cleaned seat in the CMO's office and breathed in deeply, I hope it stays this quiet for a while, he thought to himself and tapped the computer interface, "computer," he said, "please access all records on the duties of the Chief Medical Officer."

The screen burst to life, "acknowledged," the feminine voice said as words and graphics began to cross the screen.

Daniel spoke again, "computer please read document using protocol Alpha 216." Soon he was lost within the automated world of words gathering as much information he could about this new position he now had. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:01 am ]

Science Lab,Concordia

Larson continued to study the data he gathered on the small ticking device that Ensign Mimas stumbeled on a few weeks before, and was still baffeled by its strange magnetic properties. The time that he spent studing this object was his own, however, because he had not been ordered to study it. He, and the entire science depatment had been taking orders from the ops department while in spacedock. Alan never thought to ask why. He just assumed that Lt.Martin was too busy to oversee his department directly, or he had been granted some leave. Larson also thought that maybe Starfleet Command was calling the shots, or maybe even Starfleet Intellegence. He went about his duty, expecting Lt.Martin to be back in the lab when Concordia was back underway.

This was not the case. He received fresh orders to continue diagnostic work, now that the engines were at warp, just to make sure everything was tip-top while in motion, as well as in dock. The orders came from ops." Where is Lt.Martin?",he thought. If he needed to know, Alan guessed someone would have told him by now. "I wish I knew where we were going, at least, so I can read up on wherever it is while I'm tring to sleep tonight." 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:59 pm ]

Members of the staff were beginning to make their way threw the sliding doors into varying areas within the medical department. Each were content on following their portion of the duty roster he had given them but a glance form one of the male nurses reminded him he had been negligent, oh yah, he thought, my shot. The Doctor sighed and stood back up and made his way into the medical lab. Some of the female staff looked up and smiled while the males faces were either indifferent or shown a hint of irritation at his presence.

His hormones were a problem ever since he had reached puberty. Perhaps it was the mixing of his mother's Betazoidian heritage and that of his unknown heritage of his father but from time to time incidences had arisen. Perhaps if he had not been so thorough in filling out the medical portion of his applications to join the military academy his acceptance would have been more forthcoming. Daniel had chosen to share details that might not have been necessary such as incidences when females had made passes at him or fights had broke out due to his 'medical condition.' Numerous attempts had been made to squelch the hormonal imbalances by a number of means and yet the only solution that had been successful was that of chronic treatment. There was no known cure. Even sterilization had been considered as an option but though rigorous research and computerized simulations there had been no breakthroughs. Seeing he was the only known individual with this particular anomaly there would be no further research performed unless his circumstances warranted it and that he hoped would never occur.

Upon entering the lab he began to concoct the unique serum that would be injected into his blood stream. It would take a while for its effects to take hold and until then he would have to deal with the uneasiness of the males and the unintentional flirtation of the females affected. Once the mixture was obtained Daniel loaded the amber fluid into a hypospray and placed the loaded instrument against the anterior portion of his wrist just above his radial artery. There was a momentary pained expression on his face as the viscose fluid broke through the skin and tissue barrier and the liquid began to enter the vein he had selected. It was a task he had performed many times. Like the old treatments for a condition known as Diabetes Mellitus where the individual might have to give themselves injections of Insulin to control their blood sugar levels he had been forced to inject himself with the unpleasant medication in order to reduce the levels of hormones being produced.

Daniel looked up and saw one of the female nurses entering the lab. She smiled broadly, "hello Doctor," she said with a glint in her eye.

"Hello Ensign Haskel," came his reply as he put the medical instrument away as a means of distracting himself from the situation.

The nurse was of Bajoran decent and wore her long chestnut brown hair braided to the middle of her back. She walked over and picked up an item she needed and bent over seductively to do it. Her dark eyes looked back to see if the Doctor was watching and of course he was. His eyes darted away and he quickly left the room hoping to retreat for the time being into his office. Great, he thought, now Lieutenant Urban is going to have an excuse to slug me. He entered his office again and pondered what he could do to remedy the situation for the present, at least until the drugs took effect.

"Doctor O'Mannin to Ensign Larson," he said tapping his communication badge," when you get a minute I would like to speak to you." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:25 pm ]

Science Lab, Concordia

"Oh thank the heavens" , Alan thought, as the Doctor finished his message,"An excuse to put aside this mind-numbing diagnostic work."

=/\=Larson here. I'll be up to Sickbay, right away, Doctor=/\=

Alan smiled and nodded to his co-workers, as he shut down his console. They were most certainly envious, and looking forward to ending there time at the scanners.

"Call me if you find anything." Larson said, over his shoulder, almost running for the turbolift. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:23 pm ]

...Urban was working at his station looking side to side and wandered where Mimas was...

=^= "Mimas your late for your duty shift, report to your station on the bridge within 30 minutes or else." =^= Urban said over his commbadge. 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:26 pm ]

Daniel was relieved that the science officer would be arriving quickly. He smiled and once again maid the short jaunt to the medical lab. Outside the transparent aluminum window he could see members of his staff conversing and one of the males, Ensign Miller, leaving his department. The humans neck was a crimson red and his face bore the tell tale signs of someone agitated by something. Looking down he saw the hypospray unit he had recently used was now missing pondered for a moment what had happened to it. His musing on the subject were cut short by the arrival of Ensign Larson.
"Ensign," the Doctor said with a smile as the man entered his lab, "thanks' for being so prompt. I hope I am not disturbing anything?"

Absently the doctor pushed a strand of hair from off his brow, a habit he had somehow developed when he was a bit nervous. What he was about to reveal to Larson might come as shock to him and yet probably not. It was not too uncommon for crew members to have some sort of "special needs" but he was the exception. With both a learning disability and a medical disability most would choose to forgo the countless screenings and embarrassing questioning required to receive cleanse to become an officer but Daniel was more than willing. Now he hoped the Ensign would be able to come up with a solution so he would not have to return to his quarters until his hormonal readings had returned to normal. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:27 pm ]

CMO's office, Concordia

"The only thing you disturbed was another bloody diagnostic, doctor" Alan said, "The ops department has been issuing orders instead of Lt.Martin. Lets just say they have been less than challenging. My colleges were a little tiffed when you called me away." Larson realized he was rambling....

"How can I help you Doctor, uh, sir?" 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:12 pm ]

Daniel chuckled, "relax Ensign, I didn't call you down here because I have a higher hank than yours, I just need your, um, assistance."

The Doctor was feeling nervous again but cleared his throat and began again, "Take a look out that window," he said gesturing towards the clear section of the wall that separated the lab from sickbay. Daniel could easily see his male subordinates whispering among themselves with looks of frustration and concern. Often they would glance through the window at the doctor, there eyes telling even more of their dislike for him. The female nurses were huddling together too and talking in whispers like tantalized school girls sharing secrets. "Any ideas as to what's going on out there Larson," he asked? 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:47 pm ]

Alan thought long and hard about the doctor's question. While thinking, he also took a good long look at the room, and the people in it. Some of them seemed to be about there work, but others seemed distracted for some reason, particularly the females. Larson did not want to give away too much, just in case he was wrong. So he said,
"Something does seem odd, Doctor, but I can't put my finger on it." 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:06 am ]

Medical Lab - Concordia

"Something is wrong," Daniel said giving a faint grin, "and that would be me." The Doctor removed his personal Medical Tricorder and extended it to Alan to take, "your good with one of these so give me a once over and tell me what you find."

O'Mannin knew exactly what would be there and he expected a rather surprised look to appear on the man's face when the readings indicated this male hormones and pheromones were off the chart. He knew Larson did not have access to his medical records and he knew that he probably had not read his service log to see the entries where officers had gotten brawls, some of which with him because of his condition. It was always his father's contribution to his DNA that ended up getting blamed. Daniel had always assumed it was the combination of genetic material that had resulted in this flocculating imbalance. It was roughly every one to three months that this would happen and usually the injection was not necessary because other methods of treatment were successful enough to keep it under control until it passed.

The affect he seemed to exert was closer to intoxication than mind control. But if he left for an extended period of time, say four to eight hours the effects would wear off and those experiencing symptoms would return to normal. They would remember their behavior but not know exactly what had made them act so peculiarly. The women who made passes or outright threw themselves at him always were embarrassed and shocked by there behavior not knowing what seemed to possess them to act so unprofessionally. In the past he would ask to be confined to his quarters, after all with his low rank he was usually not even missed but now as the CMO it didn't seem to be such a good answer.

"Computer," he began once the examination was compete, "please bring up my medical record and read allowed section seven paragraphs one threw eight."
"Acknowledged," the female computer voice responded in its usual way.

Now there is a female I can't affect, he thought jokingly.

One by one the words were read telling about the genetic reasons for the flocculating of the hormones and the three methods of treatment. It also mentioned that when these failed that Daniel should be relieved of duty and confined to his quarters until they returned to normal. It was this last part he was hoping Alan might be able to help him with, some method of avoiding being place under a personal medical quarantine within his personal quarters which than seemed more like a cell than a living space.

"So," he said with a sigh, "now you know, the good doctor is a threat to his own crewmates. Any suggestions how we might get around me placing myself under quarantine? A personal force field or something?" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:21 am ]

CMO's Office, Concordia

"Well, I think the problem needs to be treated, but we need a more immediate solution to keep you on duty." Larson said. "That means we need to treat a symptom instead. Namely, the pheromones, they are causing the big problems. Don't you agree?" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:32 am ]

...Urban was feeling slightly dizzy and relieved himself from duty. Exiting the bridge, he went to the turbolift, commanding it to go to med deck. Once it arrived he stepped out and walked to the Medical bay...

"Doc." he said walking into the med bay. "Im feeling slightly dizzy." Urban said as he made it to a biobed and laid down without waiting for further word from the doctor. 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:31 pm ]

Daniel nodded, "I agree Larson, let's get to..." his words were cut short as Lieutenant Urban appeared at the door to the medical lab.

The Doctor listened to Urban's complaint and a concerned look crossed his face. His first thought was that the nanoprobes that still existed inside him must be malfunctioning again. Than came the next, somewhat disturbing thought, that the pheromones were somehow affecting the performance of the insect like robots. As Urban walked away he glanced over at Larson and stood to his feet, "Well it looks like your on your own with this again," he said, "I'll get you a blood sample after I check Urban out."

He picked up the medical tricorder he had so recently handed over to his fellow officer and began to speak again, "computer, please transfer all information from the medical scan to this terminal."

"Acknowledged," came the computers voice again.

There was something different about it though, at least it seemed to Daniel that it was, a minor flocculation in tone giving it a slight sultry affect. He looked to Larson again, "I must be hearing things," he said with a chuckle as he left the lab.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw one of the male nurses glance over at him and begin to step away from one of his colleagues. His countenance clearly indicated he wanted to vent his frustration on Daniel but the other nurse held him back whispering something to him that the Doctor could not hear.

"Lieutenant Urban," the half Betazoid said as he reached the now prone Chief Security Officer, "not feeling well today I take it?" He attempted a smile and began his scan. The readouts seemed quite typical with no obvious abnormalities, "Hmm..." the doctor began, "not sure yet what is ailing you sir, any ideas?" Daniel began to think but not long before he began again, "have you had anything to eat," he asked, " and if so what was it?" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 pm ]

"I grabbed sandwich like 2 hours ago. I was on duty and suddenly was overwhelmed by nausia and dizzyness." Urban said as he puked all over Ommanin and his shiny shoes.

"Correction, that was my lunch!" Urban said with a groan as he turned back to lay down on the biobed with a rising fever starting to happen, getting hotter, he started to sweat from the heat. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:43 pm ]

CMO's office, Concordia

"That's fine, Doctor, see to Lt. Urban" Alan said, "I can get started with your genetic records on file with the ships computer."

Larson began to sift through the data. His plan was to devise some kind of topical treatment to stop most, or all, of O'Mannin's pheromones from reaching the noses' of his fellow crewmates.

He stopped the data from streaming and looked up, but did not turn toward the medical bay, when he heard Urban make a noise that could only mean one thing. He lost his last meal. Larson could not bring himself to look. "That sounded unpleasant" Alan thought to himself. " I hope the Doctor was standing clear of that!!"

Still facing forward, Alan shouted, "Everything OK in there, Doc?" 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:15 pm ]

Daniel's arms rose in a reflexive style as he saw the security officer lunge forward and begin to hurl the digesting contents of his stomach. Acidic mixture landed squarely at his waist and down all the way to his freshly polished shoes. The Doctor's eyes darted momentarily downward to examine the resulting mess and than brought his blue eyes back up to Urban.

The voice of Ensign Larson entered Daniel's ears and he twisted his torso slightly sideways, "nothing a sonic shower and clean uniform won't fix," he replied.

Ensign Patricia Stark rushed over quickly with supplies to clean up spilled contents of Urban's troubled stomach, "I got it Doctor," she offered squatting down as she spoke. She brushed a strand of long blond hair from her face and she glanced up with a sly smile, "I'll get you a new uniform to, you can change in your office."

For a moment Daniel was taken back by her cooperativeness and generous offers but than he was reminded as to what was probably triggering her response. "Thank you," he said trying not to smile too broadly, "but I think I better just go to my quarters and clean up."

Anther female nurse came over on the other side of Urban and smiled over at Daniel, "I can take it from here," she said as a broad smile crossed her face.

The doctor nodded, "Give him four CC of Vertazine," he said as he began to walk away. He than addressed Urban, "Better rest for a while, I'll let the Commander know your relieved of duty till you feel better." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:19 am ]

CMO's office, Concordia

"Here we go!", Larson said outloud to himself. "I don't even need a blood sample!!"

"Computer, please replicate a topical ointment based on the genetic paramiters listed in file O'Mannin Alpha-two, amount, four grams."

Alan listened to O'Mannin talk his way past the nurses, and insist on cleaning up alone, in his quarters. Then he heard him reassure Lt. Urban. "Gotta catch him before he leaves!" He thought to himself, as the small container of medicine appeared on the replicator shelf.

He caught O'Mannin just before he left sickbay, and passed him the pheromone blocker. "Try this after your shower. Be sure to apply it uhh.. everywhere you uhh.. think pheromones may escape your body. It won't block them all, but maybe it will knock them down enough to keep you on duty. We can't afford to lose you, Doc. Sickbay would be left up to me and the EMH. As funny as that is to think about, no one wants it to happen!!" Larson said with a wink. 

Author:  omannin [ Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:39 pm ]

The Doctor heard Larson's clear voice again as he neared the door that would lead to the corridor beyond. "Um, sure," he said as he face reddened a deep crimson, "could you not be quite so loud about this," he asked accepting the small container." He was quite self-conscious about his condition. As of yet he nor none of the crew had ended up in the brig and a meeting with the Commander was not imminent but the possibility still hung in the air as thick as his pheromones. For a moment an old earth cartoon had come to mind, Peanuts he believed it was called, where one of the characters seemed to walk around in a cloud of dirt. His situation was similar except that instead of dirt his cloud was a chemical one.

"Thanks Ensign," he said with a nod and a smile, "let's hope this works."

As he stepped turned to leave through the door came a member of the medical staff, holding the hypospray he had use earlier, "I'm taking this to the Commander," he barked angrily, "I'll have you court-martialed before this duty shift is out." The man spoke threw gritted teeth and the look in his brown eyes left little doubt of his intensions.

"Do as you like Ensign Haze," Daniel said as the smile disappeared from his face, "you can tell the Commander he can find me in my quarters." With that the half Betazoind passed by the somewhat perplexed Ensign that had just made his boastful claim. So far so good, he thought as the doors to the turbo lift slid open and he stepped inside. "CMO's Quarters," he said as the doors closed, "please," Daniel added after a pause.

The lifts door slid open and he stepped out and approached his new quarters. He still had no gotten used to his new arrangements. The rooms were larger and his view of space a better one but somehow he still felt it would not be his for long. As the door opened he entered and let the door slide behind him, "Doctor O'Mannin to Commander Shepard, I'M relieving Lieutenant Urban temporarily from duty. He seems to have the flew." He stopped for a moment than continued; "Oh and I'll also be relieving myself from duty commander. You should be getting a visit from Ensign Haze, you can reach me in the Chief Medical Officer Quarters, O'Mannon out.

He sighed as he finished his communications, "won't be long now," he said out loud, "better clean up before I get any visitors." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:57 pm ]

omannin wrote:
"Thanks Ensign," he said with a nod and a smile, "let's hope this works."

"I'm sure you have come up with something like this already, but I put a spin on it you may not have thought of." Alan said, lowering his voice to almost a whisper, even though he had not been very loud before. Alan guessed O'Mannin was a little upset by his condition, maybe even a little embarrased.

The doors slid open, and Larson watched O'Mannin brush off a medic or male nurse named Haze, who threatened the doctor's commission. Clearly, this Ensign Haze was under the influence of the pheromones, and would be feeling more level-headed later. Knowing this, O'Mannin was not threatened.

Alan still let Haze have a piece of his mind. He had grown quite fond of the doctor during the last mission, and wouldn't let Haze step on O'Mannin's good name. When he thought about it later, he realized the pheromones effect on himself probably help fuel the outburst as well.

"Hey, Haze!" Alan shouted, even though the Ensign was only a few feet from him.
"I wanna talk to you before you go skipping off to the Commander to taddle on Lt. O'Mannin"
Haze froze, then turned on one foot, finger moving to point at Larson when they were face to face, and said, "What do you have to say about it science-boy?"
"A lot!!" Alan said, closing the gap between them. He was so close, he could feel Haze's bad breath on his face.
"If you take a few minutes, and cool your injectors, you will understand that Lt. O'Mannin is one of the most selfless, hardworking members of this crew. You are going to look like a big jerk, if you accuse him of something, and that something turns out to be nothing"

He let this sink in for a second. He thought if it came to blows, Haze would no doubt throw first. This got Alan off the hook. He would back down before punches, however. Larson strived to keep his record spotless.

"Whatever Larson!" Haze said, as he cracked the knuckles on one fist."Scurry on back to the lab now!!"

"Fine." Larson said as he backed through the door. "Watch yourself, Haze, or you'll be changing sheets and bedpans at the Starfleet retirement home!!" 

Author:  omannin [ Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:58 pm ]

Daniel stepped out of the sonic shower onto the cold, unforgiving surface of his bathroom, "why can't I think of a better floor covering than tile," he said out loud but no one was present to here. "Better put that stuff on," he said aloud again picking up the small container Larson had given him.

He had tried such topical approaches before but he was always hopeful something would work, at least as a stopgap measure until his shot kicked in. The doctor applied it to his more private parts and waited a moment allowing the creamy white substance to sink in. At first there was no response that he could tell and than a tingling and burning sensation that lasted for only a moment. "Promising," he said as he reached for his new, clean uniform. As his hand grasped the teal blue fabric out of the corner of his eye he could see there was a problem. "No," he said loudly as his reflection indicated large red blotches where he had just applied the lotion. "Don't you look cute he said with a slight chuckle.

He grabbed his uniform again and began to dress hoping it would hide at least most of his immune systems response to Larson's concoction. It did and as he added his pips to the neatly pressed garment he admired himself for a moment. He felt rather enlivened and energized and if he were to admit it... sexy.

"Oh no," he said grabbing his medical tricorder and beginning a scan, "stage two." Stage to was when he began to experience the affects of his hormonal imbalance and raised levels of pheromones. At this stage he was just a vulnerable to the effects as his fellow shipmates and that was not a good thing. Raising the tricorder so he could see the display he shook his head. The graphs showed a slight decrease in most of the chemicals he was spewing out like a toxic cloud but there were two spikes that seemed to be even higher than before.

Daniel was silent for a moment as he pondered what do next, "Doctor O'Mannin to Ensign Larson, want to make a house call Larson," he said letting a worried smile cross his face, "looks like I'm having some sort of... reaction." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:36 am ]

omannin wrote:
"Doctor O'Mannin to Ensign Larson, want to make a house call Larson," he said letting a worried smile cross his face, "looks like I'm having some sort of... reaction."

Hallway, Concordia

Alan got the call about the reaction from O'Mannin just before he re-entered the science lab.

=/\="Just stay there, Doctor. I thought something might happen. The treatment I came up with had an 28% chance of reaction. I rolled the dice, but I have a back-up plan. By the way, Ensign Haze and I had a little chat. I think he has backed down, for now." =/\= 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm ]

"Twenty eight percent," the Doctor said out loud, "and I had to be the one with the short straw."

It wasn't so much that he had experienced a reaction from the cream, it was the rather embarrassing places where it appeared. Daniel began rummaging about in a cabinet for hoping to find the small container of antihistamine cream hoping to relieve the itching sensation that was beginning. As he did the chime of his door reminded him of the guest he was expecting.

"Come in," he said still searching the cabinet."

As the door opened he stuck his head around the corner but still could not see who had entered, "just looking for some lotion, be right out."

"Lotion," came the sultry feminine voice from the main room of his quarters.

Daniel stopped, frozen where he was for a moment. He was quite puzzled as to whom might be in his quarters. "Computer," he said, "is there any holographic programs being run in my quarters at this time"

"Negative," came the computers response.

Must be hearing things, he thought and walked out in he main room.

Standing draped in a rather revealing evening gown was a woman that seemed familiar yet at the same time unfamiliar. The red silken garment clung seductively to her shapely form with a low scoop neck and a slit rising from her ankles to hips. Her long black hair edged by the row of distinctive dark patches that designated the race from which she came glistened in the room's light as it fell over her shoulders to the small of her slender back. Covering the revealing low cut back. Light also glinted off her Bajoran eyes and he pursed red lips spoke volumes of her intent. The woman stepped slowly forward, her stiletto heals clicking across the floor as she neared the Doctor still frozen in astonishment.

"Ensign Haskel," he asked hesitantly letting his chin drop and his forehead furrow.

"You can call Jane... Doctor," she said stopping a few feet in front of him. She pressed a long fingered feminine hand against his chest and leaned in rising up on her toes as she did to whisper in Daniel's ear, "I'll help you with that... lotion."

Just than the door chimed again and he was sure this time it would be Larson.

"Come in," he said glancing towards the door expectantly. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:08 pm ]

CMO's quarters, Concordia

Alan entered the room with his head down, because he was adjusting his tricorder. The door slid shut behind him, and he began with, "Doctor, I think...", and stopped short because he caught sight of Ensign Haskel.

"...I should uhh come back another time." Larson continued

"Yes", said Haskel, but O'Mannins' shaking head, sticking out from behind the far wall was telling him "No, don't you dare leave, that's an order!!"

Obviously, Haskel was under the influence of the doctors strange imbalance. For the first time since the "no win senario" test as a cadet, Larson wasn't sure of his next move.

"I have some treatment ideas, Doctor. Should I just leave the PADD here for you, and leave."

"Why don't you do that. I know just what the doctor needs, and it's not you." Haskel said. Once again, O'Mannin's shaking head from behind the wall.

Larson just stood there, gawking at the half naked nurse. "The next move is yours, doc. Make it fast." 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:00 pm ]

Daniel was quite relieved to see the science officer. Small beads of perspiration were already beginning to form on the nervous Doctors forehead. To say that the female's advances were not having an affection him would be a gross misstatement but this was definitely not the time or the situation in which he wished to have a romantic encounter with the junior officer.

When Larson offered to leave it was the last thing he wanted to happen. Leaving him, alone, would definitely be career suicide for the doctor. Who knew what story Haskel could mount for an investigation and what affect it would have. Others had tried to blame their misbehavior on the intoxicating affect of O'Mannin's troublesome pheromones and to this point it had not worked as successfully as they had hoped. Most agreed, pheromones or not, their actions were still under their control. And Daniel was not responsible for them. This did not stop them from trying though and his duty log was littered with such allegations that came out sounding something like, "the fight wasn't my fault, I hit him because Daniel made me." Up to this point no one was being but that did not mean that if there eventually someone wouldn't.

At this point the shapely Ensign had taken her silken hand off Daniel's chest and placed them squarely on her hips. She had turned to face the somewhat uncomfortable Larson. With her touch removed from him Daniel had a chance to formulate something, anything that would get her out of there.

"Um, Ensign Haskel," the doctor asked almost hesitantly, "aren't you supposed to be in sickbay.... In uniform?"

There was a huff from the beautify woman and a bit of an angered look on her face, "well," she said and took in a deep breath. Than her countenance changed again, obviously from the pheromones. "I'll just come back later... Doctor," she gave Daniel one last sultry glance before heading quickly passed Larson where she looked up at him with the look of a frustrated woman and than vanished behind the sliding door that led to the hall.

Daniel breathed in deeply and leaned back against the wall of the main living area. He was relieved that things had not gotten any worse. "Thanks," he said trying to compose himself. He closed his eyes and than looking over at Larson, "wasn't sure if I was going to get out of that one." He took in another deep breath and stood back up, "sometimes it's not a bad idea to have a room mate," he offered with a faint smile 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:35 pm ]

"No problem, doctor, I'm glad to help you in any way, even if it means providing a distraction." Alan said. "Let us get to the next challange shall we?"

Larson didn't wait for an okay from the doctor. The look on O'Mannin's face said it all. Alan had his tricorder scanning the CMO at the same time the word 'distraction' crossed his lips.

"Just as I, and the computer, thought. You are having a mild dermal reaction to the treatment, sorry to say." Larson intoned.

O'Mannin rotated his hand at the wrist in a forward motion, as if to say. "I know that, moron! What are we going to do about it?"

"The good news is, my latest scan has shown an 86 percent pheromone blockage. All you need is a combination of anti-inflamatories, and histimine blockers that I cooked up while I waited for the topical treatment to process and replicate, and you should be fine!!"

The doctor sat silent, soaking in Larson's rapid fire explanation. Once again, before he could speak, Alan turned toward the replicator, and said "5 ccs of secondary treatment, listed in file O'Mannin alpha-two."

The hypo appeared, and Larson grabbed it.

"You ready, doc?" 

Author:  omannin [ Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:41 pm ]

Daniel smiled, "and boy did I need it," he said taking in a deep breath, "the pheromones are beginning to affect me too."

Even if he was the Chief Medical Officer he was surely not above being seduced. Pheromones in their normal quantity was were rather neutral but when raised to the substantially elevated numbers the Doctor's were they gave him a sense of euphoria and an elevated ego, neither of which were helpful to a professional demeanor.

It was not the first time an officer had come onto him. To be honest it happened nearly every time this strange phenomenon became out of control. Daniel found it rather annoying, not only because it threatened his credibility ad a serious physician but also because he never was sure when complements and displays of affection offered him were actually sincere. While the chemicals were being released into the air about him it was tempting to believe the events were real, unaltered. When an episode was in full swing and he himself needed to fight back the urges prompted reality and the illusion created by the pheromones became nearly impossible for him to distinguish.

"I'm ready Larson," he said, "Just need to check in with Urban and see he is feeling any better."

Touching his communication badge he began his transition, "Doctor O'Mannin to Lieutenant Urban, " he said nodding to Larson that he was ready, " feeilng any better?" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:09 pm ]

Alan leaned in with the hypospray, and injected the doctor. "I hope this works.", he thought to himself. He heard the small whooshing sound the device made as it delivered his cocktail of drugs to the doctor's system.

O'Mannin nodded his thanks. Larson said, "That's the best I can do for now, Doc. I'm going to check in at my duty station. Who knows what those yellow suited monkeys at ops have us doing now. Say, that reminds me, have you seen Lt.Martin at any staff meetings? He hasn't been in the lab for weeks." 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:54 pm ]

Daniel felt the cool sensation of liquid being added to his system. There was a faint tingling sensation that dissipated the farther away the medication traveled from its point of entry and he wondered what this was going to do.

"Sorry," the Doctor said shaking his head, "I haven't seen him in quite a while."

He chuckled at the comment about 'yellow suited monkeys' and shook his head, "can't someone form your department do the duty roster?"

It seemed peculiar that two talented and dedicated officers had disappeared from the vessel. After the incident with Doctor Brackmen he was not sure what to think. Nearly anything could happen if one man and a simple retrieval mission could cause such havoc aboard their ship.

"I'll let you know h-o-w..." as he spoke his words began to slur and the doctor grasped the side of the desk for support. Something was going on but just what he was not sure, a reaction perhaps to the medication. His vision started becoming washed out and he slumped into a chair to try and regroup but to no avail. With the last of his conscious thoughts he looked over at Larson, only a grayish form, 'Larson, you better get me to sickb..." his words were cut short and his head feel forward.

O'mannin was still alive. He could hear his own heart beat but it was as if he was listening to at from the end of a long tunnel. What was wrong he could not say for sure other than the pheromones had to be fighting back, somehow. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:45 am ]

"No need for a trip to the medical bay, doctor" Larson said. He could tell that the ship's doctor was getting to the point of almost being scared. Scared for many reasons. The loss of speach, the back to back reactions, and, last but not least, the danger to his fellow shipmates. His recent promotion was also at steak, but Alan guessed this was the least of O'Mannin's worries.

"We can treat you here, because we can replicate any treatment in the CMO's quarters" Larson said, as he helped the doctor to the sofa near the window.

"Just try to relax, while I get you some help." The CMO just nodded quickly, because he could not speak. Alan saw the fear in his eyes, and decided to take a leap. He was going to use the doctor's first name, for the first time, to try and help O'Mannin feel safe.

"Daniel!" he said, "Just take air slowly. In to the nose, out through the mouth... slowly.." The doctor nodded, fell silent for a moment, then took air in, long and slow, through his nose.

"Computer, activate EMH, via emergency holo-emitter, location, CMO's quarters"

The computer made a quick beeping sound, and the EMH appeared. "Please state the nature of the medical emergency."
it said. Then the bald hologram noticed Larson. It sighed, and said, "You again!! For Pete's sake, just leave me alone!!"

Larson pointed at O'Mannin, and said "Help him, Mister, uhh, Doctor EMH, uhh, please!!"

Alan used the doctor's first name again, to try and reassure him.

"Everything is going to be alright, Daniel, trust me" 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:37 am ]

Commander Ian Shepard - Mess Hall, U.S.S. Concordia

Shepard set his plate back into the replicator, and pressed a button, causing the remainder of his meal to be reintroduced to the ship's power reserve. He patted the corners of his mouth, and exited the captain's mess. The idea of a private dining room always seemed a bit stuck up to Shepard, but he decided to keep it around for those inevitable meals with alien dignitaries, and he had to try it out at least once.

They had to be getting close to the nebula, after all, they'd been at high warp for several days now. After the recent outbreak and chaos, however, Ian was willing to--

"Bridge to Commander Shepard," came an interruption from the bridge, "two unidentified vessels just entered sensor range, and are on an intercept course."

"I'll be right there," he said. "All senior officers, report to the bridge." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:36 am ]

...Feeling much better, Urban got up from the biobed at the call From Ian, and headed up to the bridge, he took his station and awaited further orders... 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:52 am ]

"Great, this is just what we need!" Alan said after hearing Commander Shepard call senior officers for bridge duty. He had to think fast. Thinking fast was his strong suit. Larson felt sure he could pull this off. He looked at the EMH, and said, "I know you and I don't see eye to eye, but your commanding officer needs help with a delicate matter. The treatments and history are in the file O'Mannin alpha-two. Help him get ready for bridge duty, while I buy some time." The EMH hesitated for a second, then nodded at Larson, and started a scan. Larson nodded back, and stalled Commander Shepard.

=/\=Ensign Larson to bridge. Dr. O'Mannin and I are running a very delicate test in his quarters. As a result he cannot report to the bridge, or be interupted at the moment. I have already started to shut down the test, and will report to the bridge with Dr.O'Mannin in a few moments. If you need help from the medical or science deparments within the next five minutes, hail the CMO's quarters. Otherwise, we will be there, post haste. Larson out.=/\=

"Do your best, Dr.EMH, you only have a few moments!!" Alan said. 

Author:  omannin [ Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:46 pm ]

Daniel nodded his understanding and than shut his dark eyes and allowed the air to flow freely as Larson had recommended. Relaxing helped but it would take far more than that to get him ready for to leave his quarters. His experience was almost surreal, as if he was not present in his body but somehow observing the events. Larson had taken matters into his own hands and ordered the EMH to his quarters. It was a logical move on the Science officer's part and O'Mannin was grateful. Now, perhaps they could sort out this thing before, before, phase three...

The Doctor wasn't sure exactly what that would be seeing he had never gotten this far down the road of pheromone imbalance. He thought perhaps what had happened is the shock to his system had managed to suppress nearly all those pesky chemicals down to nearly nothing, except for the two that had spiked just moments before. They were known to Starfleet Medical as P1 and P2 and there were little known about them except for the fact that their chemical structure was far more predictable than any other known pheromones. It was believed that these two were unique to the species his father belonged to and that these two were the culprits for all the upheaval.

Most treatments were designed to try and bring his Betazoid characteristics into check and this seemed to also bring down the two highly unusual pheromone counterparts. This time had been quite different; while his treatment had managed to subdue the chemical cloud it was unable to control the most volatile ones.

Commander Shepard's was heard and recognized even thought it sounded as if he were speaking from the end of a long tunnel. Great, he thought, just great, some CMO I am.

The EMH was already working on Daniel as Larson continued to request his assistance, "just hand me the hypospray," he said but grabbed it himself seeming a bit irritated, "It's just a Vasovagal respo..." he stopped quickly as the medical tricorder revealed result he had not been expecting. "Interesting," the holograph said as he hovered over the Doctor. Ignoring the rest of Ensign Larson's pleases he set the hypospray for Masiform D, "that aught to do it... for now." He said and looked over to Larson.

"Make sure you keep an eye on him Ensign, "he is still going to be a bit weaker than normal and his situation is still... unstable. I will get started on a treatment hopefully I can undo what you've already done."

Daniel shook his head vigorously and than began to raise himself from the couch, "that's enough EMH, thank you sir but there is no reason to ride Ensign Larson on this and you should know that."

The holographic Doctor nodded, "understood." The acknowledgment was more of a means of ending the conversation and far more "mechanical" in nature than something that sounded sincere. The hologram faded and the two officers were left alone in the Doctors quarts.

Daniel looked over at Larson, "Better get going than," he said with a sigh, "thanks for your help."

He tapped he communication badge and began to speak,=/\= "Doctor O'Mannin to Commander Shepard, Ensign Larson and I are on are way."=/\=

He nodded at Larson and attempted a smile though he was sure it came off nervously, "better find out was Shepard wants, let's go." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:42 pm ]

O'Mannin seemed better, but still looked a little unsteady.

"Let's hope Commander Shepard's needs are few and simple" Larson said, as he and the Doctor moved toward the door. "We need to get down to solving your problem. Looks like treating the symptom is getting us nowhere. I was thinking about running some tests in the holodeck with a simulated female."

The Doctor turned his head, and gave Larson the rasied eyebrow, as they waited for the turbolift doors to open fully.

"Main Bridge." Alan said. Before O'Mannin could protest, Larson raised his hand, palm out.
"Listen, Doc, We are not going to treat you again, unless we know it is safe. We've had two close calls. I don't plan on tempting fate a third time." 

Author:  Naquv [ Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:41 am ]

Naquv was on the bridge, running scans on the unidentified ships. They were nothing he knew, or anything the computer knew for that matter. He was confident the Commander knew what they were with all the Delta Quadrant experience he had... 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:54 am ]

Commander Ian Shepard - Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

Shepard stepped onto the bridge and looked immediately at the viewscreen, not even yet bothering to take a seat. The viewer showed a pair of alien starships closing on the Concordia. "Report," the commander ordered.

"They're approaching from the port bow," said the helmsman, "with shields raised and weapons on standby."

"Red alert," Shepard said. "Mirror their behavior. I want our weapons ready, but don't target them yet." 

Author:  omannin [ Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:27 am ]

The doctor looked at Larson with a reddened face, not from anger but from embarrassment. At first he wandered how the Science officer knew about the authorized holographic treatments and what they seemed to entail than he remembered the man had been reading his medical file. It still was uncomfortable, something like the feeling when he had walked in on him and the nurse not long before lonely with his pants down. Daniel had a suspicion he might want to try something along that line, no drugs no more mistakes. It made sense. But doing the same thing as what he was already doing would not work, there had to be something else to do, something more substantial, more scientific.

"Understood," he said with a deep sigh, "we can try a few things; look at the problem for some different angles." He paused for a moment than continued, "I just hope I make it through whatever Shepard has planned and I don't get the bridge crew all messed up."

The door of the turbolift opened and O'Mannin tried to move forward and found himself a bit light headed. He paused placed a hand against the wall door frame and stepped through. Daniel swallowed hard, come on man, pull your self together. he thought.

Straightening up he stepped further onto the bridge and looked about hoping no one had noticed his little incident. It was than he heard something about alien ships approaching with shield up and weapons ready. He looked over at Larson an eyebrow raised but said nothing.

He was not at all surprised to hear the Shepard order a red alert, seemed par for the course by now. On their last mission they had been under such a position but now he faced his own personal red alert. I hope the Commander knows who these guys are, he thought, I'm in no mood for another bunch of unwelcomed guests. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:38 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

Larson let O'Mannin pass in front of him, because he outranked him, and because Alan knew the CMO might be unsteady. In fact, the Doctor wavered slightly on his way out of the lift. Larson almost threw up a hand to help him steady up, but Daniel recovered.

Shepard ordered Concodia's moves to counter the other ships near them. O'Mannin turned and raised an eybrow at Larson, as if to say, "Here we go again!!"

Alan raised an eyebrow in return, and tilted his head toward the console slots on the bridge reserved for science and medical officers, near the ops station. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  omannin [ Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:13 pm ]

Daniel made his way to his assigned consol and hoped for the best. The last thing he wanted to do is look weak under pressure. For a moment his eyed darted to the console as he pressed a round red spot that changed the configuration to match that of what he was used to. With the words replaces by symbols and graphs and charts populating the surface he felt far more at ease than the blaring text that seemed to hurt his eyes. He glanced over at Larson and offered a faint smile and than looked up again at the two unidentified vessels as they came closer to the Concordia.

He had no idea what their intentions were or if the Commander knew who they were. If he did Shepard was keeping tight lipped about it. For a moment he glanced over at the station where Mimas would be wondering if the half Vulcan could sense his concerns. If he could remain focused and alert during the incident he would be grateful.

At present his pheromones did not seem to be affecting the bridge crew but he wondered how long it would be before they were. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:56 pm ]

"Sir, they are powering up weapons. Im powering up ours as well to match them." Urban said as his hands rather clumsily flew over the console. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:41 pm ]

Shepard moved around the center railing and took his seat. "Open a channel to them, I'd like to find out who these people are, and why they've got their guns trained on our head."

A crewman at the rear MFD tapped a few commands, and the viewer changed to the face of an alien man with a small, V-shaped cranial ridge. "Channel open, commander," the crewman said.

"This is Commander Shepard of the Federation starship Concordia. Might I ask why you've approached us with weapons charged?"

The alien officer seemed rather put off. "This is Captain Jevyn of the Lokirrim Defense Forces. Your vessel has been detected harboring a number of photonic insurgents. Power down your weapons and prepare to be boarded."

Shepard had a somewhat confused look on his face. "Captain, I'm afraid I wasn't aware that holographic technology was outlawed in - Lokirrim, was it? - in Lokirrim space. In fact, we weren't even aware we were in Lokirrim space. However, I can assure you that we are harboring no insurgents or terrorists here."

Jevyn did not appear to bite. "Commander, my orders are clear. Your vessel is carrying photonics - therefore it must be seized. Your crew will not be harmed, and you yourself will be given a fair trial."

"Now, just hold on," Ian said. "We've committed no crimes, we weren't informed of these laws. On my world, we've--"

"This isn't your world," Jevyn interrupted. "You have ten seconds."

The viewer returned to the image of the two Lokirrim patrol vessels after the captain cut the comm signal. "Tactical assessment," Ian asked, not very optimistic about his chances. 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:13 am ]

Oh boy, the doctor thought looking puzzled in the direction of the captain, here we go again."

This was not the first time the Doctor had ran into people with scruples regarding holographic technology. Half the crew, especially the female part would probably raise up in arms if they knew what he had to do to try and keep in troublesome pheromones in check. One thing was for sure these two vessels were going to fire on them in a matter of seconds if he knew the Commander.

Whoever this Captain Jevyn was he sure seemed like a typical order following, not thinking for himself sort of guy and that always was a sure sign of trouble. If the Commander allowed them to board than there was no telling what there real intent was. If he did not let them board... they knew the result of that action.

Daniel didn't believe the man's words about a fair trial either. Such promises were seldom if ever kept when it involved an unknown race. The thought entered his mind that the ships could both be holographic illusions sent to capture unsuspecting ships such as the Concordia for whatever purposes the possessor of the program desired. Their damage would be just as severe as the real thing so the threat of force would still be valid but if they could somehow block the holographic signal... an idea was forming in the half Betazoids mind that though unlikely had a chance for sucessess.

"How do we know there not using holographic technology," the doctor offered in a low voice, "we don't recognize their race or their alleged government and they could be as fake as these alleged insurgents they claim are aboard." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:03 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

"If the doctor is right, there will be a big power source near-by. I'm already scanning the ships with no result. Its like they are not even there. I'll start on the surrounding space that is within scanning range." Alan said, without being asked his opinion, or being ordered to do anything.

"Cool your jets, Larson!", he thought to himself, "Your not even supposed to be here!! Don't get cocky!!" 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:21 am ]

"Don't bother," Shepard said, "I've heard of the Lokirrim. They were part of the briefing when I took this job. Voyager encountered them when they were trapped out this way, but we had no idea their space reached this far. They're as real as they look, and they really don't like holograms."

The assessment of the two Lokirrim ships appeared on Shepard's command console, and it confirmed his fears. Concordia was a capable in combat, but these patrol vessels were dedicated warships, and against two of them, the Intrepid-class ship didn't stand much of a chance.

(OFF: For reference, the Lokirrim were in the Voyager episode "Body and Soul".) 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:40 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

"Beg your pardon, Commander, you are right, they are real. I am starting to get data on the ships now, as I am sure you are. They really blocked our scans well." The hate these aliens had for holograms led Alan to another dreadful possibility. He spoke up again, thinking that the Commander had not considered the possibility that had just come to him.

"If they have scaned us, and detected the emergency holo-emitters, we must look like a huge threat to them!! Those emitters are all over the ship!!" Larson said. "Not to mention the holo-decks!" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:22 am ]

...Urban was listening to everyone bicker about the Lokirrim and while it was happening, he scanned the vessels confirming the Commander's fears, but at the same time his own scans revealed a weakness in their shield's...

"Commander, I found a weakness in their shields, if we sent a concentrated pulleron beam while at the same time firing torpedo's a few seconds after the Pulleron beam was fired, we could knock out their weapons with one shot but it would leave us vulnerable for 5 seconds, which is all I need to retarget the other vessel." Urban suggested.

"I suggest this because the Pulleron beam would knock a hole in their shields, which they cant regenerate any time soon, the Pulleron beam would just be knocking out the defense's first and the Torpedo's would deliver the crippling blow, divert their attention to one hand while the other remains unseen and delivers the killing strike." Urban explained further.

"Pulleron beams screws with almost any type of energy based shield's, remember, the Jem'hadar used Pulleron beam weapons against us during the Dominion war, however, we would be using the same type of weapons except we can control how much damage is inflicted by the secondary attack, Torpedo's or phasers can be programmed to disable if you wish to go that route, Commander." Urban said as he tried his best to hide his true self. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:37 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

Alan listened to Urban's plan, but decieded not to comment, unless the Commander asked him to. It was a risky plan, but would work, most likely, Larson guessed. The only big problem would be if the enemy's shields did not buckle, or disrupt. These ships were armed to the nines. Alan thought there defence network would be stong, as well.

When it came down to it, Shepard was in charge. In charge for a reason. That reason was more expereance. Larson trusted the Commander would make the right move.

He focused his data stream on the enemy ships defences, just in case Urban's plan didn't pan out. 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:33 pm ]

So they are real, he though realizing how ignorant he must have sounded, blame it on the pheromones.

"Commander," he piped up again, "do you think they might be referring to the EMH?" He pressed a few symbols on his comm and chuckled. we could always just turn him over. Than the realization hit him that his comment was completely unacceptable, "sorry sir," he offered and looked but than was not sure what he was apologizing for, the laugh or the thought. Daniel looked over at Larson and he furrowed his brows deeply. Something was going on, probably a result of his condition or perhaps the meds the EMH had just gave him. "If it his him than it is my fault this incident is occurring, he was just activated in my quarters moments before Ensign Larson and myself came to the bridge."

What was a medical officer doing on a bridge anyway everyone if but him was healthy, he pondered as his thought refused to remain focused.

There was a strange feeling going on in his head as if someone had formed a bubble between the two hemispheres of his brain, must be the drugs, he thought as he concentrated on his comm. If he were in his office he would have the computer read whatever log or file contained any information about the these reality purists. Where he was at he could only try to gather tidbits of information and with what was going on in his personal life concentration was becoming difficult.

Nervous,he thought, that's what I'm feeling, nervous." But the more he thought about it the more convinced he was that the emotion was not his. If he could make light of the situation as he just had than.... He already knew what that meant, he was feeling the emotions of the crew around him.

Great the Doctor thought pursing his lips, just what I need, to become a complete Beteazoid freak in the middle of a attack. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:13 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

The last thing Larson wanted to do was act or speak when it was not his place, but he could tell by the look the doctor had given him that O'Mannin was not feeling himself again, and maybe needed some help.

"Uh hum!" Larson cleared his throat, not to really clear it, but to get O'Mannin's attention. Hoping he would take the hint, and the out Alan was going to give him, if he felt he needed it. "I don't think it matters much what attracted them, they are here now, Doctor O'Mannin, sir. Begging the doctor's pardon, but you look a little pale. Didn't you say you had been working on those tests for hours, before you called me for help, you must be tired. If it were anyone else, you would excuse them from bridge duty." 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:38 pm ]

Daniel's dark eyes looked over at the Science officer as he spoke. It had not occurred to him that an excuse could be made and he might be relieved from his position. He had never been in such a position before with is pheromone factories working overtime. Larson's latest attempt had stopped all but two of the problematic variables for a short while but their counterparts were quickly rising again as if thrown into warp speed themselves. The adrenalin that was pumping through his vanes was not making the condition any better but rather having the opposite effect.

He had already relieved himself from duty earlier. However, asking to de dismissed from duty, he and Urban. But unwell or not, simply stating you had worked long hours on some task that left you tired, even exhausted did not seem a likely excuse to be relieved during a Red Alert.

"I'll be alright Ensign Larson," he said, "than muttered, "I think," just audibly.

He glanced over at the Commander and than back to Larson with a knowing smile. The Doctor knew they were going to be for a rough ride and even with his help. There was going to be shots fired and soon. If Urban's tactics held true than they had a chance, if not... Daniel didn't want to face the possibilities that might bring. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:47 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

Larson moved closer to O'Mannin after the doctor smiled at him, and wispered to him, "I'm keeping a close eye on you, doc. Like always, I'm here if you need me."

He positioned the tricoder in his palm, and blocked it from the view of everyone on the bridge, except O'Mannin. The data quickly routed itself to the doctors display panel. Just as Larson had programed it to. It appeared as a graph in the upper right of the LCARS display screen. Alan pointed to the new graph. The doctor looked at him quizicly.

"You are no threat to the others, now" Alan explained.", but if the indicator line moves above the red margin line on the top of the graph, you need to think up an excuse to leave. At least long enough to re-medicate against the phermones. I'll back up any play you make. Let's just hope these guys back off." Larson wispered. 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:32 pm ]

"Thanks Ensign Larson," the doctor responded as the graph appeared on his comm.

As long as it stays below the line, he reminded himself and nodded towards the science officer.

Time was slipping by at what seemed an alarming pace. Only a few more seconds and the unfamiliar adversaries would be using the promised force to gain their will. Daniel was at a loss as to what the best tactical plans might be. He was a doctor after all but he was educated enough to know his own limits. Still if he was asked to come to the bridge the Commander must have thought he had some worthwhile perspective that could help.

Thinking was a bit difficult for the half Betazoind when his hormones and pheromones where having a field day with him. Now that his telepathic abilities were becoming uncontrolled the matter had become even worse. He could remember vaguely something about an incident where the Doctor faked a medical condition on an officer... something about holograph technology not being wanted, an away mission... terrorists.

"computer," he said trying to sound as inconspicuous as possible, "The EMH aboard Voyager was on an away mission where he was taken prisoner along with other crew members, did this incident involve the Lokirrim Defense Force.

"Affirmative," came the female voice from the ships data base.

Man, the doctor thought shaking his head, even the computer is sounding sexy.

"What was the condition the Doctor was asked to treat by the Lokirrim," Daniel asked.

"Synaptic failure," the computer responded.

"What caused this failure," the doctor asked continuing to press the graphical interface examining graphs and charts.

"Allegedly caused by a viral weapon used by photonic enemies," Daniel nodded and looked towards the captain.

"Well," he said with a sigh, "at least we know why there not so keen on photonics." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:23 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

Larson moved away from the doctor. He started to take in the data on the defence systems of the other ships. He also put up a data stream that kept track of the doctor's condition. Alan then put up a clock, because he wanted to look at the commander every ten seconds. He also opened a stream of raw data, namely, all the data that Starfleet had on the Lokirrim. He then started to sub-divide all the data, while keeping an eye on everyone around him.

There was alot going on. That was the way he liked it. Not enough time to think too much. Just go with the flow, and keep yourself, and the crew alive. 

Author:  Naquv [ Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:08 pm ]

Naquv, Bridge

Naquv was doing all he could, but the ten seconds were up. "Captain," he said, "the Lokirrim are hailing again, shall i put them through?" he asked. they wouldn't wait much longer, but responding just a little late would buy them about two seconds. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:06 pm ]

Shepard sighed. "Put them through, Ensign," he said. Jevyn's face appeared on the screen again. "Time's up, commander," the Lokirrim said. "Now, about those shields?"

"There isn't any way we can talk about this? We've done nothing to provoke you."

"I'm afraid there isn't, commander. I've tried to be cordial about this all, but if you don't lower your shields immediately, I'll be doing it for you."

Ian moved back to his seat and sat down, gripping the armrests for a moment. "I guess we do it the hard way, then," he said. The commander pressed a button on the command console, and the viewer returned to the image of the two Lokirrim vessels. Shepard could hear the tactical console emit a warning chime, which he knew meant the Lokirrim were targeting their weapons. "Full power to shields," he said. "Helm, engage maximum warp, random trajectory." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:20 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

Alan heard Ensign Naquv call the hail. The Commander responded, but didn't back down when pushed. He did what Alan thought he might do; bought time.

Larson's mind began to race. All of the variables flashed through his mind at blinding speed. How long can we outrun these guys? How long will it be before they are flanked by additional patrol ships? What stratagy was The Commander going to come up with?

Alan held fast in his faith that Shepard was making the right moves, whatever the outcome. He opened up a separate stream, that focused on the other ships warp drive systems. Maybe the Commander was going to try to cripple the others ships, and escape.

Urban's plan to punch through the sheilds, and damage weapons, could also be used to damage their warp drive. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:01 am ]

...Urban noticed that Shepard didnt even acknowledge his plan which didnt bother him in the least, he decided to implement his plan anyways and made the neccessary modifications to the phaser array...

<Urban fired the new modified pulleron beam towards first Likirrim vessel and waited a few seconds before firing the photon torpedo's. The Pulleron beam hit the Likirrim's shields weakening them drastically, which didnt help when 5 proto torpedo's in a single line came streaming towards the Likirrim lead vessel. The first torpedo hit, then second, third, fourth and fifth torpedo's broke threw the Likirrim's already weakened shields as they impacted the hull of the enemy vessel, causing major damage, causing a gaping hole in the side of the enemy ship>

"They are loosing power to their weapons, their trying to reroute power threw their secondary systems, which the Pulleron beam seemed to have disrupted along with their shield matrix." Urban said as the secondary Likirrim vessel fired causing the bridge to shake as sparks flew everywhere. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:01 am ]

Bridge, Concodia

"Urban has lost his mind!!" Larson thought to himself. "He just attacked those people without being ordered to!!"

Alan hadn't been looking up when the shots went off. "Maybe, the Commander had given Urban some sort of non-verbal signal to fire. I don't think Urban would launch an attack against two to one odds, without being ordered to." he thought to himself.

One way or the other, they had taken a hit. Even in the few seconds since the attack, damage reports poped up on Alan's already crowded screen. The doctor's stress graph began to spike. No doubt this was was a reaction to the attack. Larson looked at the doctor just as O'Mannin glanced back at him. The look on Daniel's face was one of confusion and fear. Alan suspected the doctor was wondering why Urban had unleashed the flurry of torpedos as well. 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  omannin [ Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:51 pm ]

Here we go, the Doctor thought as the connection between the possible combatants closed.

He listened carefully to the commands of the captain ordering full warp, an attempt he thought to leave the scene without violence. Under the circumstances it seemed to be a good plan if only they could stay out of harms way long enough for them to discontinue the pursuit.

Daniel grasped his comm firmly with his left hand and continued setting up a deck-by-deck crewmember location graphic. With it he could see where each person wearing a communication badge was situated on the ship, all but one, the EMH. Before he could complete the necessary programming to bring the holograms information to his location he heard Urban state he had fired on the first of the perusing vessels and was preparing another assault on the second.

The expression on the half Betazoid's face was that of confusion and surprise. To his knowledge there had been no order to fire, only to get out of their current location as fast as the warp drive would take them. He looked up at Larson hoping to gain some insight into the situation but found that the Science officer had no real answers for him.

Every fiber in his body was on alert now as he pressed his communication badge, =/\="Doctor O'mannin to Sichbay,"=/\= he said in as authoritative a voice as he could as the first round of returned fire shook the bridge, =/\="I want a report of casualties sent to this location as they become available. =/\=

He shook his head and looked over at the captain as to what his next move would be. It appeared that an important senior officer had attached two vessels without the consent of his commander and the consequences for that could be harsh. Daniel's first thoughts were that the Nanoprobes that were in his body were clouding his judgment and if that were the case there would be an investigation into why he had chosen not to treat the Lieutenant Junior Grade the first time they had malfunctioned.

He glanced back at his panel and he could see his pheromones were rising in direct response to his accelerated heart rate. Both were escalating as they had their own warp drive. Adding to this was his now uncontrolled Betezodian abilities and the rush of emotions that it entailed. Private thoughts were beginning to crowd in on his own and for once he was glad there wasn't a female on the bridge. Get a grip Daniel.He told himself and he finished setting up his interface.

Whatever happened now was out of his control even if it was his fault they had wound up in the mess they now found themselves in. He glanced back at Urban and than at Larson hoping to find some reasonable explanation for the apparent disregard of authority demonstrated by the Chief of security. He knew that if he spoke it might jeopardize whatever was left of Commander Shephard's strategy. The CMO also knew that Larson had the best chance of knowing how to deal with Urban so he felt he had little choice but to do what he did next. He could telepathically send a message but that often was thought of as rather impolite and invasive. To do so without the others permission could end badly so it left him with one last option, visual. Pressing a series of graphics he forged a message to send to Urban, not words but pictures that might communicate his intent without notifying the rest of the crew. The first picture was that of an open hand prepared to grasp something. The next was that of a phaser set to stun followed by a pair of eyes. The last was the image of Urban kept on file. Daniel pressed another graphic intending for the message to arrive on Ensign Larson's consol and he hope he understood his intent. What he wanted to covey was for Larson to get a phaser, to keep an eye on Urban and if necessary use a phaser, set on stun, to neutralize the situation. He knew images could be misinterpreted but he felt it was his only legitimate option. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:34 pm ]

...Slightly disturbed by the images he tracked down where the visual communication was coming from and who else it was sent too, noticing it came from O'mannin and sent to Larson and himself, he quickly sent out a text message to both Larson...

Code:
"Larson, disregard the Doctors images he sent us both, and please inform him that I am the security officer here, not him.  Inform him its my job to interpret the commanders orders to the best of my abilities not his and to fire on me a bridge officer would have dire consquences." Urban texted Larson.

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:50 am ]

Commander Shepard - Bridge

"Urban! My ready room. NOW!"

The commander waited for Urban to step through the door into his ready room, and followed him in. As soon as the doors closed, Shepard let loose. "God damn it, lieutenant! Tell me, when in that whole exchange did I tell you that I wanted you to fire on them? If I wanted to get into a fight with them, I'd have given the order a lot sooner."

Shepard dropped into his desk chair and sighed. "We're not out here to start a bunch of brawls with everyone and shake our fist at everyone that doesn't exactly welcome us. Did it ever occur to you that maybe I just wanted to get us out of their territory? We were in their borders, violating their laws."

"I'm going to forgo confining you to quarters for one reason alone: we're now going to have to fight our way one of Lokirrim space, and you're the best tactical officer I've got. But step out of line or act on your own like that one more time, and I'll give you a one way ticket to the brig. Are we understood?"

Urban stood silent for a moment, which Shepard took as a "yes". "Good," he said. "I don't know how it was with your last captain, but you and I don't have the understanding yet for you to start taking silent orders." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:09 am ]

"They were going to fire on us regardless of what we did. My job is to protect the crew and if I have to anticipate your orders before they are given I will, SIR." Urban said as he stood at attention and explained himself.

"I understand being a Captain is hard, but its harder to see those your supposed to protect die because you didnt have the guts to do what was needed before hand." Urban continued before stopping himself from saying anything further. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:24 am ]

Commander Shepard - Ready Room

"The difference, lieutenant," Shepard repiled, putting emphasis on Urban's rank, "is that I am in command, not you. It's not your place to interpret the situation and make your own decision. That's my job. And I decided that I'd rather try to slip off without causing them any damage, because that leaves an opportunity to smooth things over. But I don't have that choice now, because we're going to be considered dangerous fugitives."

Shepard was about to sit down, but turned back once more. "I don't know if they taught you this at the Academy, lieutenant," he said, "but when two ships have bigger guns than you, it's a bad idea to provoke a firefight. Dismissed." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:49 pm ]

*Shrugging his shoulders, Urban left the ready room and took his station at tactical once again. Knowing he made the right choice despite the fact the Captain couldnt see it* 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:04 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

Things happened fast, on top of other things, that had happend already!!

Larson's display was full of data from all over the ship. The bottom right hand corner displayed a picto-gram of sorts for a split second. It was from the doctor. Just as Alan solved the puzzle and shifted his glance toward the left, where Urban was, Shepard called the tactical officer to his ready room.

Larson cleared away the message from the doctor, without looking at the screen. When his glance hit the display again, a new message was there. It was from Urban.

Alan read the message, looked at O'Mannin's read out, then took a gamble.

"He's on to you, but let me talk 'cause the graph says it's time to go to sick bay!!" Larson said in Daniel's ear, as he moved past the doctor toward the weapons locker. The word "you" passed out of Alan's mouth, just as the ready room doors slid closed behind Urban.

"Your hunch better pay off, doc." Larson said, as he tossed the Doctor a phaser.

The airborn sidearm caught everyone's eye.

Alan set to stun, and made his thoughts vocal, for better, or for worse.

"I would advise taking arms as well. I'm know I'm just a young ensign, but the doctor here thinks we should be ready, for anything, and so do I. I refuse to spend anymore time in surgury with that blasted EMH!!" 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:05 pm ]

As Larson spoke telling him that Urban had incepted the message intended for Larson's eyes-only. For some reason Daniel had not even thought about the possibility the Chief Security Officer might intercept his communication. He looked puzzled for a moment and looked at the graph.

"I guess your right Larson," he offered in a low tone.

But he had little time to ponder the full extent of the situation before a phaser was wafting towards him. Luckily the Doctor had good reflexes, perhaps heightened by his current condition, and he caught the weapon easily and fastened it to his side.

He didn't elaborate on his reasoning thinking it was quite clear what he had meant. With the ship or Red Alert and shots being fired anything was indeed possible. He nodded at Larson, his face showing the concern he felt. The last time an incident occurred Urban had become violent, striking other officers unprovoked. Now he had taken upon himself to fire on the two perusing ships without an order from the Captain. To him it seemed to be forming a pattern of irrational behavior, but in his condition who was he to judge?

The Commander's ordering of Urban to the Ready Room seemed to vindicate his assertion. If it were a lesser matter the Doctor was sure Shephard would have waited. But protocol had been violated, for whatever reason, and it needed to be addressed.

The other ship had threatened a boarding party, by force if necessary, and being out numbered it seemed a very likely possibility they would be able to carry out their threat. Being prepared seemed the best option under the circumstances. Since these individuals had threatened to take the captain to trial he was also sure the bridge would be the main target of the boarding party and his capture was of great concern to him. If he was taken, the next in line would have to assume responsibility and who knew what would happen to them now that open hostility had begun.

Urban was returning, alone. The Doctor watched as he assumed his former position and that helped ease things a bit. The thought that his Pheromones may have helped push the security officer to act as he had did not escape his notice. If they had he shared at least some of the blame though it was not his hand that pulled the proverbial trigger.

His graph indicated he was well above the danger mark as Larson had pointed out. It would be advisable for him to leave but how could he under the current conditions? Even if he went to Sick Bay to aid with the inevitable casualties his staff would be subject to the invisible cloud that was growing around him. The only safe place for him was in his quarters, at least to his thinking and that was clearly not an option. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:29 pm ]

((Keep in mind that the Weapons lockers were sealed before hand, when Urban initially came onboard. Only time they will unlock is when the ship is boarded. The Week I have had, I really rather not get into a ............ contest. Alright?))

...Urban kept an eye on Larson and Omannin incase they tried a mutiny and took precaution's to protect himself should the Doctor and Science officer decided to go postal and attack a superior officer. He made sure a forcefield would activate around his station in the event of weapons being drawn... 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:23 pm ]

(((No worries, Urban. I can't speak for the doctor, because of his and well, your medical conditions. Larson would never fire on anyone, unless his life or another crewman's life was in danger. He is a scientist, not a solider, and certainly not down with mutiny. Keep in mind that besides O'Mannin, I am the only one who knows about his condition IG. That is why I'm trying to get him off the bridge)))

Bridge, Concordia

Alan looked at the doctor, then the returning officers. He was just about to suggest a move to sickbay to the doctor, again, when his console, and every other console on the bridge issued warning beeps.

"Commander, the second patrol ship has laid in a pursuit course!" Alan said. Then he said in O' Mannin's ear. "Your not thinking straight, get to sickbay. Work from behind a force field if you have to. You can't let your condition cloud judgment here." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  omannin [ Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:15 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

((yah I know Urban but you really have noting to worry about. I have no plans of actually using the weapon. I actually assumed Larson would not get them but since he did I just went with it.))

All the Doctor needed was an excuse, a good one and he could be out off the bridge and somewhere... safer. It wasn't that he minded being on the bridge in fact he liked it. It was more his concern for what his presence might be doing to the crew that concerned him. Looking at the graphics he had set up to display the location of the crew he came up with an idea.

=/\="Doctor O'Mannin to Sickbay,"=/\= he said in the calmest voice he could muster, =/\="any casualties to report."=/\=

There was a momentary pause and than the familiar voice of a female crew member, =/\="Why Doctor,"=/\= Ensign Haskel said with the same sultry voice she had used in his quarters, =/\="we thought you had abandoned us you naughty boy."=/\=

Daniel's dark eyes widened and his eyebrows rose as high as they could go. Now he knew he was in trouble. By now the effects of his pheromones should have worn off but they hadn't. The nurse at least was still reacting is a less than professional manor and now the whole bridge crew knew something was wrong.

"I ah, better get down um there," he stammered his face turning a deep shade of crimson.

He shot Larson a look as puzzlement replaced embarrassment; "please tell the captain I will be in my lab if he needs me."

He reached down and removed the phaser handing it to the Science Officer, "guess I won't be needing this," he offered somewhat sheepishly.

With that he stepped closer to the turbo lift and waited for the door to open. The look on his face was that of deep concern, not for himself but for the medical crew and even those on the bridge. He has misjudged how serious his condition was. It was worse than it had ever been and now he would have to come up with some idea how to bring order to the rather chaotic mess he assumed would be awaiting him once he reached the area of the ship he was in charge of.

Daniel shook his head as he stepped into the lift and turned to face his fellow officers still on the bridge. As the doors closed he stated, "sickbay please." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:43 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

"At last, O'Mannin is out of the way!!" Alan thought to himself, as he stashed the phaser the CMO handed him under the LCARS panel in front of him. "I thought that guy was never going to leave!!" his brain complained.

"Now all I have to do is get Urban under my control, then the rest of them will be at my mercy!!" Larson predicted, to himself.

He took a deep breath, and wondered why no one had ordered that the ship following them be crushed under the wake of the mighty Concordia!!

He took another deep, deep breath.

He started to come back to reality.

Pheromones left by the doctor had been effecting his actions for a while.

He thought about takeing both phasers, stuning the bridge crew, wiping out the enemy, assuming command, and declairing himself grand poo-ba of the whole stinking Delta Quadrant!!

Then he thought about the pheromomes again, and how he needed to fight the effects. Alan shook his head back and forth. He then caught the CMO's eye, just before the lift doors closed.

The doctor nodded, and Larson nodded back.

Alan felt sure Daniel knew Larson's nod ment "I'm here, whenever you need me!!"

"Sickbay, please." the doctor said, like he was reminding Larson where to meet him when times got rough. 

Author:  Naquv [ Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:47 pm ]

Bridge

Naquv kept his sensors trained on the Lokirrim, trailing the Concordia but he felt a sudden urge to turn the ship around, beam over to the alien ship and take it over. his usual Klingon battle instincts were similar, but not to this degree. His mind raced, thinking about how to disable the Lokirrim, how to maximize the ship's speed, all the protocols, guidlines he could for the situation. in his second taste of real battle, he found he liked it more than the first time. There was a chance to destroy the enemy, but he had to hold back. It was his first assignment, the goal was to get out of Lokirrim space, not destroy people who were just doing their job. he found it hard to concentrate, hard to keep his mind on the objective. The young Klingon, in his pull to the battle, held true to the Commander's orders, and in what seemed like forever, like hundreds of missed opportunities to engage and destroy, the ship made it out of the hostile space. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:27 am ]

(OFF: Sorry for the absence. Holidays and all...)

Commander Ian Shepard - Ready Room, U.S.S. Concordia

Shepard heard the call from one of the bridge officers. "Commander," they said, "the Lokirrim have dropped pursuit, but are holding position, as if they're waiting for us."

Shepard tapped his commbadge. "That's likely what they're doing. I imagine we've hit the edge of their territory, and they're wary to chase us over international lines. Reverse course to meet them. I think it's time to have a chat over the fence."

The commander closed his console and left the ready room. Since they were only a few AU away, the Concordia was already slowing to a stop at the border by the time Shepard got to the bridge. "Hail them," he said.

Jevyn's face appeared on the screen. "Commander," he said, "I must admit, you surprised me. I had no idea you were so brave. You must realize, however, that while I cannot chase a smuggler beyond our territory, you have openly attacked a Lokirrim vessel, and there's nothing stopping me from pursuing an enemy combatant."

"Captain," Shepard replied cordially. "I would like to apologize for that attack. It was completely unintentional, I assure you," he said, looking back at Urban. "Unfortunate miscommunication between our bridge officers. It will be dealt with."

"Mr. Shepard, two of my crew died in that attack. I must again insist that you yield. However, I am not insensitive. As you are outside our territory, I cannot inspect your vessel for photonics. If you surrender the officer responsible for the death of my crewmen, I will turn my ships around and we will never see one another again." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:34 am ]

"Pfft, Unlikely. They will chase us no matter what. It doesnt matter if you surrender me or not. I can destroy their ships with one more volley and they WILL think twice about crossing the Concordia." Urban said in disgust of the Lokirrim. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:10 am ]

Commander Shepard, Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

Shepard smiled uncomfortably. "Excuse us for one moment, Captain." He pressed a button on the command console, and Jevyn's screen was filled with a Federation logo, effectively putting him on hold. Shepard then turned on Urban, unconcerned with the presence of other crew. "I will say this one more time, Lieutenant! This is not a battleship. If you would take the time to look at that shiny panel of yours, you'd see that they are much better armed and armored than we are, and that your previous shot was a lucky hit. Secondly, I will NOT have any more unprovoked outbursts of bravado. I will give you the order to fire when I feel it is time, and until then, our weapons remain down. IS THAT CLEAR?!"

Without waiting for an answer, Shepard turned back to the screen and pressed the comm button again. "Captain Jevyn, I take full responsibility for the actions of my crew. I will be transferring myself to your vessel momentarily." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:23 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

Alan smirked to himself after the Commander called Urban down. He noticed that the pheromone level had dropped quite a bit since the doctor had left the bridge. Larson guessed that he and his fellow crewmembers would now act a little more level headed. Just to be sure he adjusted the enviornmental settings slightly.

He was worried about the doctor, but also focused on the current situation. This was how he liked it. Alot of things were happening really fast!! 

Author:  Naquv [ Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:35 pm ]

OOC: sorry. from router problems to company to being sick for a week, I've been pretty busy--sorry. 

Author:  Vorak [ Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:40 pm ]

OFF: Anyone still around? Echo echo 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:01 pm ]

((OFF)) I'm still here! Can we breath life back into this, Admiral? 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Vorak [ Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:04 pm ]

OFF: Yes please, feel free to do so! lol 

Author:  omannin [ Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:02 pm ]

(off) I would but I am currently off the bridge and dealing with a situation in Sichbay, One I started before I knew what plans were developing on the bridge. 

I can post but not sure if that would actually bring this thing back to life or not. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:27 pm ]

OOC: Im still here, just waiting for something happen. Sense the CO rudely yelled at me for no reason what so ever, I really have nothing to post with. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:58 am ]

Commander Shepard - Bridge, U.S.S. Concordia

After the communication lines were closed, Shepard turned to see his bewildered crew and his astonished first officer. "You'll be in charge until I get back," he said, hoping that the word "until" would reassure the crew that he didn't plan to remain in a Lokirrim prison. "Ensign Larson," he said, "keep a look out for my commbadge signal."

With that, the commander removed his commbadge, pried open the back plating, removed the tracer beacon, and promptly swallowed it. "It should give you enough time to determine my coordinates if this goes awry. At any rate, I'll be able to smuggle it into my cell." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:18 pm ]

Bridge,Concordia

"Understood, Commander", Larson intoned. "You may also want to have a story ready, that explains the combadge fragment inside of you. If they find it at all, Sir", he added. "Perhaps a medical condition...."

Alan got a half of a raised eyebrow from the Commander. As usual, his brain was thinking two moves ahead, on both sides, and, as usual, his mouth was moving before his brain could stop it.

"Shut your hole!!" Larson thought, "The Commander knows how to do his damn job!!" 

Author:  omannin [ Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:27 pm ]

The doors to the turbolift slid open and the Doctor let out an audible sigh, that is if it could have been heard over the blare of Red Alert warnings. He always hated the sound and flashing lights that marked such occasions. They graded on his emotions like sandpaper on wood and this time even more than usual as his condition left them raw.

Daniel's eyes were focused on the floor as he emerged from the lift. His thoughts were on how he might be able to diffuse whatever was going on in his sickbay but something was nagging at him. It was more than the hint of danger that lay heavy in the air from the red lights and noisy alarms. His Betazoid sensors were as much on Red Alert as the ship was and there was trouble brewing on the bridge, the captain most likely.

As he raised his eyes another in the turquoise uniform that marked him as a medical officer met him. The man was Ensign Haze and beside him another familiar offer, a female, Ensign Haskel. In the man's had was a phaser and on his face sat a sheepish grin.

"What is going on here," the Doctor asked tilting his head to the side. He knew more about the situation than he would like to admit. He could sense the anger and the desire for some kind of revenge in the male officer. Haskel seemed amused by her counterpart's apparent bravery and also wanted some sort of revenge after Doctor O'Mannin's rejection not many hours before.

"Com Badge," Haze barked pointing his weapon threateningly.

Calmly the Doctor complied removing the reflective object and placing it in the man's outstretched hand. The junior male officer smiled broadly and handed it over to Haskel.

"Thank you," she said with a slight laugh and kissed its smooth surface looking coyly at the Doctor.

"I'm relieving you from duty," Haze said motioning Daniel towards his office, "I am taking over."

The Doctor followed the man's directions not wanting to be fired upon and entered his office without a fight. "I do know Ensign that there will be an investigation on this and I am sure you won't like the findings."

"Shut up," the Ensign barked, "Computer set up a force field to block the door to the CMO's office."

The yellow glow flickered into view and Daniel shook his head, "your choice Ensign but I assure you it is the wrong one."

While the other crew members either busied themselves with their duties or gathered for a victory celebration Daniel sat in his chair and talked in a low tone, "computer, give me a secure link to Ensign Larson and Urbane."

Soon the familiar voice partially drowned out by the blare of sirens acknowledged his request and two images appeared on the view screen, "Ensign Haze has relieved me from duty," the doctor said calmly, "my staff are armed and I would presume them to be dangerous."

He did not ask for assistance only added, "O'Mannin out," and let the lines go dead. Daniel sighed once more and shook his head. Now he was unable to do anything for the crew and the medical lab was beyond his current ability to reach. It would be up to others to sort things out but he was sure it might be a while before his issues could be addressed. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:18 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

As soon as the turbo lift doors closed behind the commander, Alan had another problem. A block of secure text came through from sickbay.

Quote:
Ensign Haze has relieved me from duty. My staff are armed and I would presume them to be dangerous.

Lt. Urban had received the message at the same time, and looked up at Larson, and twisted his head to the side, as if to say, "What the sam hill are we going to do about this?"

Alan raised his finger to his lips in hopes of keeping Urban quiet, and sent him a block of text at the same time with the other hand. He glanced over quickly at the commanders signal. Still on the turbo lift. "He has slowed the lift down to buy time. Very sneaky. Have to remember to complement the commander on that sometime." Alan thought to himself.

His message read as follows:

"Stand down, Sir. I can fix the Doctors problem, from this spot, and watch the commander. We need you on the bridge, not shooting up sickbay with a phaser rifle! Trust me on this, Urban!" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:26 am ]

OOC: try to refrain from posting for others, k?.

IC:

...Urban secured his station after sending orders to security to send teams to every turbolift that lead to Sickbay, then began a site to site transport to Security station Alpha...

"Alright, we have a hostage situation." Urban said as he materialized at Security station Alpha.

"Grab the Compression rifles. Grab those breach charges too." Urban said as he grabbed up the gear and lead a team of 10 security officers down to the sickbay deck.

"Go easy and set your weapons to stun." Urban said as he moved slowly along the corridor, taking out any of the mutineers along the way till they reached the doors to sickbay.

"Alright, Ensign Johnson, take 5 officers with you, take these breach charges to the opposite side of Sickbay, we will breach them in a surprise attack from two sides, god willing one of us will beable to take down the mutineers before they can raise a finger to fire on us." Urban said as Johnson moved out with his team.

"Alright the rest of you with me." Urban said as he moved out to the room on the right side of the Medical bay, as Johnson took the room to the left, both teams setting up the breaching charges.

=^= "Breach, in 5.....4......3.......2.......1......" =^= Urban counted down as everyone took their positions for cover, then the charges went off, ripping the duranium walls to pieces as a large gapping hole opened up.

...Both teams threw in Sonic grenades, instantly stunning them for a few seconds and in that time, the teams rushed threw the holes and took cover behind anything they could find and opened fire, stunning them instantly and watched as they slumped to the ground...

"Doctor?" Urban said as he rushed to the doctors officer and lowered the security field. "You really need to watch who you put on your staff." Urban said as he went to tend to his men.

=^= "Larson, problem defused." =^= was all Urban said as he went about his duties of making sure his men was alright. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:31 am ]

OOC: Sorry if assuming you would look at me after we both got the same secure message from the same person equates "posting for you". I'll try to be more mindful of this. As far as sending you a message, asking you to stand down.... that's all I was doing, asking you to stand down. I was just trying to keep O'Mannin's medical condition a secret(just like he did for you!  ). I'll just PM you next time, so we can come up with a plan together. Like back in the old days when we cornered Dr. Brackman  !!

Bridge, Concordia

Larson watched and listened to Urban, as he gave his orders and secured his station.

"He's gonna blow sickbay to high heaven!!" Alan thought "I hope no one gets hurt!! Damn, I could have just flooded sickbay with gas from here and knocked everyone out. Oh well, I guess Dr. O'Mannin is going to have to explain himself as soon as the commander gets back. I hope the brass goes easy on him!"

The internal scaners showed Larson the secuity team's biosigns and combadge signals gathering near sickbay. The commander's signal was reading him in the turbo lift, still. "Is he going for the transporter, or the shuttlebay?" Alan thought "What is he up to?" 

Author:  omannin [ Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:32 pm ]

Soon the young doctor's ears heard clamor of security moving in the corridor outside of sickbay. What in space are..., before he could finish his thought it was answered. Daniel's eyes widened as he realized his Sickbay was about to be assaulted by his own crewmembers. Above the den he could hear Urban's commanding voice giving orders to his men.

There was nothing he could do but watch, as his place for healing became a place of combat. Seeing something hurled through the air he coward behind his desk and cupped his ears awaiting the sound of discharge as whatever device was being used peeled through the air cutting through forcefield barrier that held him in his office. The beams of phaser fire were visible and the doctor could see as his subordinates collapsed unconscious to the floor beneath them.

Normally he might be able to keep a dignified, calm demeanor but not now, not with his hormones so out of sync. The words of the CSO were like lighting a fuse and he could not contain himself any longer.

"By space Urban was all this necessary," the tone of his question was far from civil.

"I say that Sickbay has been taken over by my own crew in the middle of a red Alert and you wage an all out assault ," even thought this was an obvious exaggeration Daniel felt it justified at the moment, "there intoxicated Latinate."

He shook his head but the obvious signs of anger showed on his face, "this could have waited until the all clear was given and than I could think of a few other ways to take a handful of drunks down other than phazer fire and those damn loud grenades. There not the enemy Urban, and there not to blame, I am."

With his last words his eyes dropped and he sighted, "let the others go sleep it off and put me in the brig. I'll explain this mess after we are out of danger." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Karl Urban [ Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:16 am ]

"My Assistent can handle the bridge, Doctor. Now explain what you mean by 'I am to blame'." Urban said as he waved his men to take the unconscious crewmembers to the brig for the night.

"They are only stunned, Doctor. We have alot to discuss, starting with why your to blame? and why are you and Larson being secretive about your current condition." Urban said as as leaned up against the wall.

"Oh and we will fix the 2 gaping holes in your sickbay later." Urban added. 

Author:  Naquv [ Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:05 am ]

the condition on the bridge wasn't bad considering the situation. the captain has left, Urban has left to somewhere, and people didn't know any of the reasons. heck, nobody knew what was going to happen to the commander. on a good note, bulkheads weren't crashing down and people weren't running around like panicking animals. Naquv kept his usual facial expression as always. there wasn't much more to do than stay where he was monitoring the situation and looking for any way to get the commander safely from the lokirrim. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:13 pm ]

Commander Ian Shepard - Lokirrim patrol cruiser Caayra

Shepard dematerialized on the alien teleporter pad, and was soon detained by a pair of armed guards. Captain Jevyn was there to greet him. "Commander Shepard," he said, "I'm glad to finally meet you in person. I must say, it's quite commendable of you to give yourself up for the wrongs of your subordinates. I might have misjudged you, commander."

"I wish I could say the same," Shepard said. The captain reeled from the verbal blow. "You wound me, commander. I, like you, am simply following my orders. Everyone has their masters, of course."

"I want your word that my ship is to be allowed to leave without interference," Ian said, holding his head high despite the two guards holding him captive. Jevyn bowed his head. "Reasonable." He tapped a communications panel on the wall. "Send word to the Concordia, they're to be escorted to our border by another patroller." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:03 am ]

"You can explain this later, Doctor. Someone has to be on the bridge if hell hits the fan." Urban said as he left the now damaged sickbay knowing their was something the doctor wasnt telling me.

...A few minutes later, Urban stepped out of the turbolift and went to his station, looking around the bridge all he saw were Lt. and Lt JG's around the bridge but no XO around. So despite his earlier actions he decided to take the initiative and assume temporary command of the Concordia...

"Alright everyone, until the XO shows or the CO is back in command, I am assuming temporary command of the Concordia. As for my recent actions against the Lokkirrim is regrettable but we need someone in command and im taking charge." Urban said as he looked at their faces.

"I want a status report on all stations. Naquv, send a repair team down to begin repairs of sickbay. Larson, continous scans of the region. Hop to it." Urban said as he took the command chair. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:33 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

Alan just nodded at Urban. He already had data coming in from everywhere. He was compleatly focused, because he had some many things to keep track of. He was also tweeking everything, without being oredered by anyone. It's just what happend when he was at a work station.

"If I dial back our internal sensor system, and up the gain to the long range scaners, I may be able to see other patrol ships a little sooner." Alan thought this to himself, as his hands made the adjustment at the same time. 

Author:  Naquv [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:29 pm ]

Naquv nodded. he rounded up a team, consisting of his assistant ops officer, and a few from engineering. sickbay was not terribly bad, nothing he and his team couldn't handle. bulkheads were repaired, and minor things done last. it was a small job, but it took a while. everybody was wondering what happened to the commander, and Naquv was firm to say the least to get them to do their work. 

Author:  Naquv [ Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:03 pm ]

(OOC:I know it wasn't a great post, but I can't be THIS unpopular.  Where is everybody?) 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:00 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

Alan kept scanning, and watching the Commander's signal. He wasn't sure how he felt about Urban being in the command chair. He wondered if the phermones were still effecting them. He wondered if Urban was going to rampage again, like he had before.

~"It's always a crap shoot with Urban!"~ he thought to himself ~"You never know what that guy is going to do next!!"~ 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:11 pm ]

(OFF: Sorry for the long absence, work has been a bear, among other things.)

Commander Ian Shepard - Lokirrim patrol cruiser Caayra

Shepard peered through the forcefield of his cell, as Captain Jevyn exited his cell. The brig guard simply chuckled at Ian's unfortunate predicament. The commander simply sat down in his cell, and prayed that his trial would indeed be fair.

Meanwhile, the Caayra turned away and entered warp, as the other cruiser took up an escort position near Concordia. The captain of that vessel appeared on the Starfleet viewscreen. "You are to set course for the nearest Lokirrim border immediately. We will escort you there, at which point you will be barred from Lokirrim space on punishment of immediate arrest and seizure. Are we understood?" 

Author:  kloek8 [ Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:10 pm ]

engineering , Concordia

assistant chief engineer Kloek to Lt Karl Urban

"Sickbay is back to 100% Sir" 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:14 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

Larson heard the message come through from sickbay.

~Man, those engineering guys get faster everyday. I wonder how the doc is doing?~Alan thought to himself.

He widened the range on the medical scan subroutine he had set up to moniter the doctor eariler. O'Mannin would normally chastise him for scanning a patient without permission, but due to extenuating circumstances, he was willing to risk a lecture from the doctor later on. 

Author:  kloek8 [ Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:58 pm ]

engineering , Concordia

Assistant Chief Engineer Kloek to all hens

"Please send a damage report to engineering so we can start repairs" 

Author:  marissa [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:50 pm ]

OFF: Ensign Marissa reporting for duty 

Author:  kloek8 [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:05 pm ]

OFF: welcome to the USS Concordia 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:12 am ]

OOC: welcome both of you, You dont need to do the OFF thing, just go to the bridge and report in to Urban. Hes acting CO for the moment.

Klo, to do a communication please use =^= these, because if you write a long post no one will know what your doing. Its on the main home page of how it should be written up.

IC:

"Larson, get as many detailed scan's about those vessels as possible, Helm, continue on coarse." Urban said as he felt the hum of nervousness about the bridge crew.

"Dont worry, we wont leave the Captain behind. But lets play along for now, find a way to make ourselves invisible to their sensors." Urban said to Larson without looking over his shoulder. 

Author:  kloek8 [ Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:27 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

Kloek walk`t in on the bridge just in time to hear what urban sat about the sensors

"Sir 3 years ago i had the opertunetie to see a Klingon clocking device and study it a it
i think i can make a small cloaking device it will not by very good but it might by enough" 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:17 am ]

(OFF: Using novel form for communications is fine, I do it. ASCII form (using icons) is accepted, but not required. The only caveat with novel form is that you must ensure you make it known that you tapped your communicator or something, probably through narration.)

Commander Ian Shepard - Lokirrim patrol cruiser Caayra, in orbit of Lokir Prime

Several armed guards entered the brig and forcibly roused Ian from his half-slumber. The enforcers carried the commander to the transporter room, and although the commander was able-bodied, they wouldn't allow him to come on his own, preferring to practically drag him by each arm. After materializing on the planet's surface, the two guards literally tossed Shepard from the transporter pad, into the waiting grasp of an even meaner prison warden. Ian tried to shrug off the warden's firm grip on his shoulder. This turned out to be a bad idea, as the warden backhanded Ian with all of his strength, effectively returning the commander to the floor.

"Don't get that way with me," the warden scowled. "You'll be here a long time, my good side is where you'd best try to stay."

Shepard wiped the blood from his mouth, swallowed his pride, and allowed the warden to again wrench him to his feet and "escort" him to his new cell. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:21 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

"I've already started to tie the sensor array into the main deflector, Mr. Urban. We are going to get a good hard look at them" Larson said. "A cloaked vessel isn't a bad idea, but if I get the right data on there vessel, we could fool there sensors into thinking we aren't there. I've also found a record of Voyager's encounter with this species. It could prove useful as well. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:33 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

"Good, find what files you can and devise a way to hide from their sensors. Marissa, take helm, Hammond, take the engineering station and work with Larson to find a way to defend or atleast hide from the Lokirrim. We arent leaving the Captain behind. You have 2 hours to find a way to transport through their shields and hide us." Urban ordered. 

Author:  kloek8 [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:46 pm ]

"Yes Sir"

Kloek went to engineering to start working on a clocking device together whit data form the USS Voyager
and some Borg nanotechnology

=^= kloek to sickbay i need a lot of nanobots how much can you make in 1 hour =^= 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  marissa [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:12 pm ]

"yes Sir, what heading" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:19 am ]

"Marissa, Follow the Escort ship for now, until I say otherwise." Urban said leaning back in his chair.

OOC: Hammond, Starfleet dont have cloaks, only starfleet vessel who has been able to keep theirs was the defiant on DS9. We can try to hide from sensors but we cant have cloaks.

We can make ourselves invisible to sensors and mask our ion/warp trail that would make us invisible pretty much. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

"I can make a shuttle look like a Lokirrim patrol ship." Larson said.
"With all this data I've collected, I can scatter there long range visual senors, make the other sensors think we are the size and shape of a patrol ship, moldify the shuttle's warp engin to match a patrol ship's warp signature, and answer any com call like a Lokirrim born and bred. I've been listening to there com chatter, Sir."

He turned to the right, and showed Urban the small earpiece he had put in ten or fifteen minutes ago.

"We found out eariler that we can punch there shields with a pulleron beam. I have a fix on the warp trail of the ship that took Commander Shepard. We can warp to wherever they have taken him, punch a hole in whatever shielding is around him, lock on to the tracer becon, beam him out, and run. I just need to refit a shuttle with a pulleron emitter." Larson paused to take a breath. "It's a risky plan, but it could work." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:57 pm ]

"Alright, do it, but first we need to loose this escort. Anychance of getting that pulleron beam to fire now?, take out their engines and their communications, while firing torpedoes to damage them in such a way they wont persue or alert their friends? for atleast a while." Urban said turning to Larson. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:21 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

"I guess we could take out this patrol ship, or just wait at the border for a while then set a course back to the station. We tell the patrol ship we are going to meet up with diplomats en route to us from 384, who hope to bargin for the Commanders release. Once we get far enough away, we deploy the shuttle. We send it back toward Lokirrim space but far away from the patrol escort that showed us to the boarder." Alan let it sink in for a moment.

"If we attack them now Mr.Urban, and they manage to get work back, we are sealing Commander Shepard's fate, and our own most likely. Let's play poker, not chess." Larson said. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:08 am ]

"Im sure you have taken enough of a detailed scan to essentially use the holographic emitters to turn the Concordia into a Lokkirrim battleship, Correct?" Urban said eyeing Larson. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:20 am ]

Bridge, Concordia

"Correct, Sir. That was one of the first ideas I had, but let's remember what got us in trouble. If we used holograms to try and trick them, they will figure it out right away. Holograms are such a threat to them, they can scan for holographic hardware and activity from far, far away." Larson took a breath as Urban nodded.

"My plan involves detecting long range scans, absobing the energy, and then sending back false data on the same carrier wave fequency. This makes us appear to be the same size and shape as a patrol ship."

Alan continued, "We modify the shuttle's engines to match a patrol ship's warp signature. They burn dutierium alot faster than we do. It would take twenty minutes to modify the shuttle's warp engine, and only require a little extra fuel." Larson pulled up the rough plans for shuttle modification, and put them on the main viewer. Everyone on the bridge took a look.

"We could do this to Concordia, but it would take hours to adjust the engines, and I doubt we have enough dutierium on board to maintain warp long enough to make it back to the boarder. You can forget about warp back to 384 altogether."

"If they go for a visual, we can scatter that beam, and make it look like sub-space interference. This could cause com contact. I can talk our way out of that, trust me." Larson said, with a smile.

"The perfect deception would include a hologram or two, but the Lokirrim are the exception. Using holograms to try and trick them would be foolish, and no doubt, deadly. I fully intend to remove any hardware from the shuttle having to do with holograms at all." Alan concluded. 

Author:  kloek8 [ Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:31 pm ]

Bridge, Concordia

OCC:i was planning on building a small one

"i will start modifying the shuttle's engines and get the extra full"

"it will take about 1.5 hours" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 pm ]

((OOC)) I'm open to your cloak idea. It will give us something to talk about while we outfit the shuttle for the mission. Convince Larson.

Bridge, Concordia

Ensign Hammond offered to modify the shuttle before Urban gave the order. It reminded Alan of the first few times he was on the bridge. Hammond was eager to get started, so was Larson. The science officer leaned over to the engineer while Urban thought about his next move, and whispered.

"I think we might be able to use your knowledge of cloaks to help scatter the visual scan attempts. We can talk about it after Mr. Urban gives the order to start, IF, he gives the order to start. 

Author:  kloek8 [ Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:50 pm ]

"i agree"

=^=kloek to engineering start making preparation for adjusting the shuttle but wait for my order to start=^=

"larson engineering is on standby i only need the order to do it from our commanding officer" 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  marissa [ Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 pm ]

"Aye Sir" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:35 pm ]

...Urban couldnt believe the initiative of the young Ensign, but at the same time despite Urban's dislike of sending a single shuttle into Lokkirrim space, he knew it was the only way to pull it off...

"Very well, make the modifications. But this cloak, I dont think would be wise. Seeing as how cloaks were outlawed and you making even a small one would be breaking that law I have sworn to uphold. So, Larson, if you want that Ensign to remain out of jail for the duration of this mission I suggest not building one. Do I make myself clear?" Urban said to Larson.

"I mean it, he even starts to create one and I will slap him in the Brig for disobeying a direct order from a superior and for breaking the Accord." Urban added.

OOC: Hammond, even tho you are an Ensign and your trying to show some initiative, which is always good, however, carrying out an idea without the permission of a senior officer is unwise. So keep in mind that, you can give suggestions but beyond that, the senior officer has final say.

Marissa: Type a bit more and add feeling, after all this is one huge book in the end. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:36 pm ]

Shuttlebay, Concordia

Larson finished his engine modification, with the help of Marco. He looked at the ensign and said, "That should do it, Mr. Hammond, we can make the final engine tweeks once we get her up to warp speed. Let's take a look a this pulleron emitter, and see if we can install it near rhe foward phaserbank. I hope to tap into the weapon systems to power it." He exited the shuttle, and moved around to the front.

He could tell Marco was still a little concerened with the harshness of Urban's warning. "You have to take Urban with a grain of salt sometimes. Just because we can't build a cloaking device, doesn't mean we can use a phase inverter from a cloaking device to help break up the Lokkirrim visual scanning beam. Sometimes you have to think your way around a problem, and bend the rules a little without breaking them." He said as he removed the housing around the phaser array.

"Now help me tie in this new emitter. I was never much of an engineer." 

Author:  Naquv [ Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:03 am ]

"Sir, request permission to be on away team. It would be wise to help keep our engine modifications and pulleron beam working if any of the modifications were to malfunction."
After all, he was the chief operations officer. he would be the best person to handle it, it was his job to keep things running efficiently. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:45 am ]

Shuttlebay, Concordia

Larson stood back, crossed his arms, nodded at Enisign Hammond, and tapped his com-badge.

=/\=Larson to Urban:The shuttle modifications are done. I suggest you assign an Opps Officer and a Helm Officer who can be trusted. If we get caught, all officers involved should confess to mutiny, and claim to have acted alone. These people already think we have a problem following orders. Why not keep Starfleet off the hook altogether? It is a classic case of the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few.Let's not sully The Federation's reputation any further if we can help it. Larson out.=/\= 

Author:  kloek8 [ Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:45 am ]

=^=Marco Hammond to urban=^=

=^="request permission to be on away team. if something gos wrong whit the shuttle you will need someone that can repair it ASAP"

~there are no rules or laws in love and war~ 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:28 pm ]

...Urban was in conflict as he got up from the chair and paced the room as he thought for a moment, everyone casually giving him looks...

"Marissa, Naquv with me." Urban said as he and marissa and Naquv walked into the turbo lift.

...Urban had walked off the turbolift after asking it to transport him to his destination, he walked into the armory where Marissa and Naquv was watching him...

"Not one word." Urban said grabbing up a compression rifle and tossed several to Marissa and Naquv.

"Carry those." Urban said as he tapped his communication badge.

=^= "I need a security team ready for a rescue mission within 5 minutes in the shuttle bay, ASAP." =^= Urban said as he walked out carrying a compression rifle, while wearing a heavy look type of armor.

...Urban entered the shuttle bay and looked at Larson as the security team came in...

"Lets go." Urban said as he and the security team filed into the Shuttle and took their seat's. Urban waited as the others followed suit. 

Author:  kloek8 [ Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:44 pm ]

"try to get the shuttle back her in one piece" 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 pm ]

OOC: This is being posted for Larson.

Shuttlebay, Concordia

Larson watched everyone else climb into the shuttle. All of the sudden he was thinking too hard to move. Be placed one foot inside, then drew it back.

"We need a member of our little group to stay behind." he said. "If you guys get caught, they will come looking for us, with more than two patrol ships this time, and they won't stop at the boarder. If I stay behind, I will be able to convince the Lokkirrim you were acting alone. Not to mention the fact that I know Concordias sensors better than anyone. I will be able to keep track of you and respond if you get in trouble. Use the encrypted band to communicate with Concordia, only if you are caught."

He was met with looks of surprise from everyone. Missions like this were why people joined up, but He had a gut felling Concordia was going to need him.

"If they do raise you on the com, just say you are with the Minister of Secuity's task force group, and your mission and movements are classified. I heard our escort ship clear a fast mover on the fringe of the long range sensor band after hearing that excuse. Ensign Hammond has been briefed on the visual scan inverter, and you have proven yourself with the pulleron beam already, Mr. Urban. The carrier wave and engine modification information is programed into the shuttles computer, Mr. Naquav. I'm certain you can create and maintain a suitable illiusion. The warp signature information has been processed, and a heading programed into the helm. I'm guessing he has been transfered to a detention facility by now. Be careful. I'm going back to the bridge to feed our friends the story about meeting up with Diplomats. I send word when it's go time. Good luck ladies and gentlemen. " 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:57 pm ]

...Even though Urban was feeling a bit apprehensive his places was divided, but in the end, duty to the ship won over his duty to make up for the past...

"Hold that door." Urban said getting up from his seat and walked out and up to Larson, he leaned in close to him.

"Bring him back, my duties to myself should take a back seat, their will be time to make up for my past. Go, Ill cover you with the Lokkirrim's." Urban whispered in Larson's ear, then left the shuttle bay, and headed for the bridge.

...A few minutes later, Urban walked out and sat on the bridge, as he waited for the time to come... 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Naquv [ Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:04 am ]

His mind was focused, as a Vulcan. He was ready it was his time. Save the captain, or die honorably, saving his ship.
The engine modifications were quite simple to master, and he could troubleshoot any modifications made in a matter of seconds, hopefully saving the ship. This was his first away mission. He likened it to battle. all training that could be given could not prepare one for battle. He knew to expect anything to happen. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:14 am ]

Shuttlebay, Concordia

Larson spun around and Urban stepped down from the shuttle. The acting Captain leaned in and told him he was in charge of the rescue mission. Perhaps he had the same felling Alan had just a moment ago.

They both knew Concordia was going to play a bigger role in the escape than the rescue craft. Someone with the mindset to see a few moves ahead needed to be there. Shepard was Concordia's commanding officer, but Urban was her sworn protector and defender. He couldn't leave her behind.

Larson climbed aboard and looked at his crewmates. He took his seat and waited for Urban to give the order. Although others were in charge, this was his big idea, if things went south, the blame would be on him. He swiveled his chair enough to see everyone on board.

"Lets hope this works!!" Alan said, trying to hide his nervousness. 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:23 pm ]

...Meanwhile on the bridge...

...The Lokkirrim Vessel escorted the Concordia to the Border, and then the Concordia made like it was leaving, which at the same time the Lokkirrim vessel left too at high warp, the Concordia then turned around and headed back to the border. Once their...

=^= "You have a go, Larson. We will meet you here." =^= Urban said as he took a seat. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:38 pm ]

Shuttlecraft, Hunley

It didn't dawn on Alan that the shuttle he had chosen to modify was named after the first submarine to destory an enemy target in combat, until he was given the order to launch. All of the shuttles on Concordia were named after submarines, fictional and otherwise. He hoped his crew didn't meet the same fate that the crew on the original Hunley were delt.

"You heard him, guys!" Larson said. "Helm, take us out, and double check the heading please. Berring two, one, seven, mark, four."

He turned to the Klingon. "Mr. Naquv, I want you to push the warp engines as hard as you can. Hammond can help you moniter the dials. I want to run hot, but not too hot. I'm hoping we can get to the warp trail of the ship that carried off Commander Shepard, without any contacts." 

Author:  kloek8 [ Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:12 am ]

=^=god speed=^= 

Author:  Naquv [ Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:42 pm ]

"Aye sir. Full power to engines." he knew the drill. He guessed 104%. This had to be perfect for the Lokirrim to see it as 'their' ship and to get Commander Shepard out without noticing. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:10 am ]

Lokirrim space, Hunley

Hunley had made it back to the point of the Commander's deparure. He looked at the female helm officer, and asked her to drop out of warp, so he could take a quick scan. Alan wasn't going to take any chances in reguards to following the correct warp trail. He wanted to spend as little time here as possible. Hunley was a sitting duck. If they were going to be detected before they followed the ion trail into the star system ahead, it was going to be here, while they were stopped.

"Alot of ships pass through here, but the one that carried away Commander Shepard had a small plasma leak coming from what passes for the port nacell. There engines are on par with the old NX class Federation vessels. Primarive by our standards, but easy to track." Larson said.

"Adjust your heading please, Marissa, four, two, zero, mark two." He turned to his Klingon opps officer, and said. "Get ready to fire up that visual inverter. We aren't going to get much closer without talking to someone. " 

Author:  kloek8 [ Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:37 pm ]

"all shuttle systems are at 100%"

"i can give you a extra 1,5 warp for 2 hours before the need a 30 min cool down if you want it Sir,
i also can give both the impulse as thrusters a extra 15% power to make maneuvering go more easy Sir" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 pm ]

Lokirrim space, Hunley

"100% is a good number to hear, Mr. Hammond. As far as extra engine power and fancy manuvering goes, maybe we should save that for outrunning someone, if it comes to that." Alan said to the engineer with a smile. "For now let's try to stay undetected." 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Sat May 23, 2009 5:12 am ]

Commander Ian Shepard - Prison Complex, Lokir Prime

Shepard picked at the meager rations he had been given, obviously not well preserved, as it had already showed signs of decay before he'd even received it. He tried in futility to pick out the good portions of the food, leaving the molded and decaying portions alone. Unfortunately, he didn't have much luck, and was more willing to eat spoiled food than starve, so he eventually became less vigilant with his picking.

"Some great plan this was," he thought to himself. "I knew the Concordia might have to leave me behind for good, but I never actually thought about what that means. What a wonderful career as captain I've had. A gigantic infection onboard my ship, and then captured." 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat May 23, 2009 7:13 am ]

Hunley, low orbit, Lokir Prime

They were above a vast ocean, keeping a orbit low, and staying just close enough to a magnetic storm to hide them, but not interfere with Hunley's systems.

Alan looked at his crew. They seemed as surprised as he was. The shuttle had made it all the way to a place where they could pin point the Commander's signal, with out being detected. They had been contacted only once by a patrol ship orbiting the planet. The contact came after what must have been a very brief long range scan. Larson gave them the song and dance line about being with "The Minister of Security's Task Force Group", and was never bothered again. In fact, the Captain of the patrol ship aplogised for disturbing them.

"The Minister must carry some weigt around these parts!", Alan had said to his crew. A few short minutes later, he found himself in orbit, a few thousand kilometers away from Commander Shepard's tracer becon.

He looked over the current scans. The prison was indeed covered with the same shielding as the patrol vessels they had fought eariler.

This should be easy. There are no patrol ships anywhere near that prison. I'll just swoop in, hit the pulleron beam, transport the commander out, and run like hell. Alan thought to himself.

That's just what they did. It was flawless. Before they knew it they were speeding back toward the boarder, with Commander Shepard, and a warp four head start on every ship The Minister of Security could spare as soon as the word got out that Shepard had escaped. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Sat May 23, 2009 1:39 pm ]

Commander Ian Shepard - Shuttlecraft Hunley

Shepard scrambled to his feet, having been sitting on the cold cell floor one moment, and the bright, equally cold shuttlecraft floor the next. "Ensign?" he said in astonishment. "Where's the Concordia?"

He shook away the question. "Nevermind, we've got to get out of here. Damn, it's good to see you!" 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sat May 23, 2009 6:12 pm ]

Shuttlecraft Hunley

"It's good to see you too, Sir. We are underway at warp four. Our engines are configured to make us look like the locals, and I have chosen a shipping lane to get us out of the planetary system." Alan said.

The Commander nodded with a blank look on his face, as if he didn't believe what was happening.

Larson contiuned. "After we clear the system, it's a mad dash to the boarder. Mr.Urban and Concordia are waiting there. I dare say he will be ready to deal with anyone in pursuit. I can open a secure channel to him if you like, Sir." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Sat May 23, 2009 8:17 pm ]

...Meanwhile, Urban was pacing the bridge, occassionally looking up at the operations officer to see if their was news, good or bad, about the shuttle craft, the Operations officer just shook his head in response...

"Damn it." Urban said as he impatiently sat in the Captains Chair.

"Sir, we have them on long range sensors, they are approximately 20 light years away." The operations officer responded.

"Good keep an eye on them, once they drop out of warp, beam the entire shuttle inside the shuttle bay, if they have no trouble from anyone unexpected then set course for Starbase 408 maximum warp." Urban said as he issued the orders prematurely. 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Sat May 23, 2009 8:45 pm ]

(OFF: Starbase 408 is like 40,000 lightyears away... SB 384 is the only one even remotely close.)

The ensign had Shepard's complete attention as he listened, and finally, a sly smile crept across the commander's face. "That... that's brilliant."

He clapped the ensign on the shoulder, and peered out the window of the shuttle, an odd sight on the craft as he was still dressed in his drab, dirty prison uniform. "If you can establish a link to them without giving us away, then by all means." 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Sun May 24, 2009 3:52 am ]

Shuttlecraft Hunley

" I dropped a few subspace bouys along the patrol route we chose to take in. I will relay an encoded signal to the bouys, and then bounce it around before sending it in Concordia's general direction. Not only will it insure we are not detected, it will generate a load of com activity light years from our position."

Alan gestured to the com system. "You have an open channel, Sir. " 

Author:  Ian Shepard [ Mon May 25, 2009 5:05 pm ]

Shepard nodded. "This is Commander Shepard to the U.S.S. Concordia. We're aboard the shuttlecraft Hunley, making our final egress from Lokirrim space." He tapped a few buttons on the center navigation console. "I'm sending you a set of rendezvous coordinates, they're just outside Lokirrim space." 

Author:  Karl Urban [ Mon May 25, 2009 10:38 pm ]

...The helmsmen recieved the coodinates and laid in a course...

"Sir, two Lokirrim patrol vessels heading our general direction, if we go in they will attack." The tactical officer called to Urban.

"We have to chance it, set course warp 5." Urban told the helmsmen.

"Sir, they are altering course. We will meet the Hunley in under 10 minutes, they will intercept us in 9 minutes." the Operations officer called out.

"Damn it. RED ALERT!" Urban called out.

"Increase to warp 6." Urban said as the helmsmen nodded.

...After 10 minutes the Hunley was seen on the view screen being attacked by two Lokirrim vessels, the Hunley being caught in a tractor beam as they slowly was moved towards the shuttle bay of the Lokirrim vessel...

"Damn it!, Go in max impulse, lock onto their signal beacons and transport on my mark." Urban said as he took the Captains chair.

...The Concordia flew towards the Lokirrim vessel as the second Lokirrim patrol ship broke off and came after the Concordia. Firing phasers and torpedo's alike, they hardly made a dent to the Lokirrim vessel...

=^= "Hunley drop your shields now." =^= Urban ordered.

...The Hunley dropped its shields, in a single second the Concordia dropped its shields as it reached max transporter range, the inhabitants of the Hunley shuttle was beamed directly to sickbay...

"Get us out of here, set course for Starbase 384 maximum warp." Urban said as sparks flew all over the bridge and fires started up just as they jumped to warp. 

Author:  Alan Larson [ Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:22 pm ]

Shuttlecraft Hunley

Alan double checked the scope. "These ships are coming at us way faster than the other patrol ships. I don't get it. At this rate, they will catch us just before we cross the boarder."

Then it hit him. The ships in pursuit must be with The Minister of Security's task force group. They must have been pretty unhappy with Larson impersonating them, and were on the way to personally show him how displeased they were.

"The good news is, Concordia is on an intercept course, but it's going to be close." He turned to the engineer. "Mr. Hammond, now would be a good time to boost the engines, if you still can. Let's try to close the gap."

Before they knew it, they were in a tractor beam, ignoring repeated requests to power down. Concordia swooped in, guns blazing, and beamed them out in the nick of time. Like it's namesake Hunley would be lost after her first mission. Her crew however, made it home alive.

(((OOC: If you don't know the story behind the real Hunley, go here http://www.hunley.org . It's an amazing tale.))) 

Author:  kloek8 [ Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:52 pm ]

"home sweet home"

"Sir, Recust premission to go to engineering" 
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet