• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Starfleet HQ

Started by Balkazar, November 23, 2006, 04:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kassie

"Sir, its imperative that we learn as much about this new species as possible.  This ALF, has been nothing but forthright about his knowledge of the base.  Hes very open and trusting, the only way I can see without going guns blazing is to learn as much about this base as possible from him.  I have the situation completely undercontrol.  Once we learn about this species and its technological level among other things we can then learn how to deal with them on a more work ethic basis."

"One of the things I agreed too was that ALF could stay here in this base and work along side us as an equal instead of a lab rat to say the least.  Hes trusting of us and I think we should be trusting of him as well.  He hasnt told us any lies so far, he seems to want to know what happened here just like we do."

"Yes I know about it.  He mentioned it, it seems his nano-bot technology grew a life of its own and preserved alot of its creators bodies as a final act of sentient life.  They put themselves in cryostasis to prevent there destruction and to protect there creators bodies.  The Nano-bots I think after they started to act on there own built a sorta shield around this section of base to prevent any transporters into this area to protect that door over there. <Points> I seen the scmatics of this place.  The Nano-bots were protecting that door and the only way to do it without anyone else knowing was to multiply and create there own sorta shield for this area.  They seem to do alot of research using micro-technology that if we asked nicely im sure ALF would allow us to study.  Sense I think he was the lead robiticist for his civilization."

"As I said, he wants to work with us and I saw no harm in that.  Not to mention we are still doing a survey, theres been cave ins from deck 5 down to deck 10, we cant go past deck 4 unless we excavate.  He says those area's down there were the military barracks, armory, and R&D labs.  Those are relics down there and if we can clear that out down there its possible that we can learn something of his people.  With his help of course."

"Thats my report.  You put me in charge of diplomacy with this species so allow me to do it.  Im keeping Starfleet's best interest's at heart while not disobeying the prime directive.  We are learning and surveying this base.  Once we learn about it, we can take ALF's other species out of cryostasis and allow them to work along side us as equals.  Is this alright with you, Admiral ? if they work along side your people, the marines, and anyone else who wishes to talk to them?, im sure you wish to have your own meeting with him.  But im not sure that would be prudent at the moment sense I dont think he has been in space, and hes still reffering to Dantor as Melmacian.  So far we have done nothing to provoke this species.  Hes been truthful and forthright ever sense this began, sir."
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Kassie.jpg" border="0">

Balkazar

"Wait till we get there, so we can use the Cover of the ship exploding for us to land then if times with us we will beable to assault the fortress without that many casualties.  Also I need details of the terrain and which paths are best used if we need to use them.  Also we may need a guide from the LZ to the target.  So Terrain information, which paths are least used by them.  Any secret entrances we could use?"
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8804/balkazaridcopyso3.jpg" border="0">

Brian Higgins

"Lets go, Ensign.  We dont want to keep the captain waiting, we dont need a scorned female on this trip."

Julian

(OFF: geeeeez boy lol. Still gonna call you alf though :P)

IC: Hello Alf. *takes the report and reads over it* Everything seems to be in order. Yes i heard about the prank against the cadet. He wasn't too pleased. Well im just waiting for my new senior staff members to report in so we can get the starfleet side of things on the planet going.
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

ALF

"Thank you, they will be over joyed.  The Avatar has made some progress with those crystals we found.  We have joined the crystals with the newly rebuilt library.  The elders are happy to know some of there work wasnt destroyed.  The Elders also added they think that I should be the speaker for our people but im unsure of this just yet."
Gordon Shrumway

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i104/Balkazar/ALF11.jpg" border="0">

Egan Coho

Coho had been sitting half asleep for a good while, when his communicator made a chirp.He jerked to alertness, and stood.
"That would be the infirmary, I would take a guess that our patient is coming around. I will be there if I am needed...here".
He stood in a moments silence, then turned and headed for the medical bay quickly.
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/3586/cohoegansg9.jpg" border="0">
Egan F. Coho

Weasly Cook

Cook had just recieved information that he would be transfered to the USS Evolution, so he was looking for Janeway, however he had missed the information that she had said about the attack. But when he got up to the surface, he was confronted by what he would have to say was a scene from a holo noval. He could see a Marine Captain shouting orders and then he heard him order someone to grab some armor... was he just being consricpted into a battle field? He didn't like the feeling that he was getting, the air was tense and everyone was a little on edge.

OOC: Okay, sorry if I was thought to be on the Evolution already, but The Evolution is in a place that I cannot get to from the planet Dantor, has been since I was first assigned to her. As such, I am still on the planet when the attack happens. Just trying to stay real here on locations of diffrent ships and planets.
For the twentith time Captain Smith, you are not to dart into the hallway.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

Balkazar

"Lt, you take charge of this area with 20 men, the remainder lets move out.  Seems the admiral is on a blood Vengence.  We may have to shoot him." he said as he got into his Puma, as several men hopped aboard and sped towards the Felian's as the remainder of the company started to move out on foot spreading out into a crescent moon formation.

Weasly Cook

Cook looked up in surprised, he didn't realize he had said the last part out loud.... this was bad.

"Uh... no, I do not have any Cat Danishes.... nor any Cat dishes." Cook then smiled and asked his first question. "First off, is their a place to sit down? Second, may my friend Lt. Jones join us? Also... what are some items you would like to warn us about? impolite gestures? Mannerism? Speak or diolect? Also... how long have you been on this planet? What caused you to go into these status Pods?" Cook looked like he was going to go on for a while longer but he stopped, he was looking at ALF to see if Jones could join, after all, he would be asking questions about the base... indeed he was looking everywhere trying to see it all at once, the main control bank, the ceiling, doorways, anything that was exposed of wiring.... but not touching, he didn't touch a single item for fear of setting something off or another. He was looking at this time capsule of techonolgy.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

Janeway

Actually yes mr Hodson. On the surface about 200 metres on a clearing in outside the city, you will see an area marked off with transporter beacons, this will be the place the debri will be beamed to. I would just beam it anywhere, but if we beam anything that may be of valuble, then im sure the Melmacians would like to know. Please go to the site, and guard it. You may like to request a few marines to go with you, just to be safe.

OFF: it wont be :P

ICC:
When the debri starts getting beamed to the site, start running some more scans. If you run into too much trouble, Admiral Julian's Delta Flyer, the Fenix is sitting about 500 metres above the site in a cloaked state. Simply beam there?

The flyer's transporter is what we will be using, as i've noticed the stations transporter range seems to have somewhat dulled during its moving to the planet. Once this is done i'll have to look into that i suppose. Oh wait im ranting on again *chuckles*

Now where was i? oh yes! Mr Cook and Admiral Higgins. Can you please place some transporter beacons around this first area of debri.

*suddenly the Avatar walks in and notices the crystals. It starts gathering them and taking them back to the dome*

Wow thats the avatar thingy? Allwell i better get a move on then and get the rest of the crystals beamed out of the debri.

*places a transporter beacon on the floor infront of her*

=^=Janeway to the Fenix. please lock onto the following power signitures and beam them to the transport beacon directly beside me. Janeway out=^=

*Janeway sends the power signitures of the data crystals through her tricorder to the ship's computer. The computer then starts directly beaming the crystals to the beacon she had just put in front of her. In total another 24 crystals were recovered from the debri, some a bit more damaged than others.*

I dont want to transport the more powerfull signitures because i remember Alf saying they use them as a source of power. Wouldn't want the power to the dome and the pods to suddenly turn off :;):
Captain Janeway
Starfleet Liason on Dantor

Weasly Cook

Cook only nodded his head and began to type into his Tricorder infromation that he was to gather... he began to move around the room scaning the walls and metal, as well as some of the equiment... ten minutes later he was bending over one of the bodies.

"Kassie... i do believe that these bodies have been preserved very well... I can still read faint traces of what I would assume..." Cook had to swallow before continueing. "Is cat meat... organs are stopped but... if I was going off scans alone, I would say they had died only yesterday at most, and not... how many years ago it has been." Cook was in shocked... a perfectly preserved body. "Almost as if they had cryogentically froze a dead body right after death... amazing." Cook was looking around him, a litle more respect for the race he was finding out more about.

"ALF... you... sure are a good nanobot builder. I have to say that these are pretty good."

ALF

"Oh yes that, uhhhh, well we found that some crystals have energy sources.  But we also found out that certian crystals can also be used to store data.  Please dont let our way of life to deter you from talking to us.  We preffer not to use alot of technology in our day to day life because that takes away our closeness to the planet.  It takes away our sense of worth, we rather use our hands to build then use micro machine technology to do it.  We preffer to build things ourselves so we can feel a sense of pride about ourselves.  So we hide away alot of our technology from sight, alot of the technology was in the library.  Tho primitive threw your standards it suits us just fine.  Will this deter you from talking to us? knowing that we use crystals for certian things?.  My people would hate it if you were unhappy because we use certain crystals for preserving knowledge and using them as power sources.  There are some very RARE crystals that have an almost endless amount of energy, we have 2 such crystals.  One of these crystals were used to power this bunker behind us.  The other one was used to power a military bunker 500 miles due east of this location.  Im unsure if that bunker is still active or not tho."

"We also used the Crystals for defense to keep the evil cats out of the bunker but I think the crystal died somehow and then thats when they invaded, the Micro bots were a secondary defense measure at the time."

OOC**These crystals I speak of are from the books/Movie called Dinotopia.  Good books, I got the crystal idea from them, the crystals used in the books were used to power everything, even entire cities.  Tho after a certain time the crystals would go out, but the crystals were also used to keep the Evil T-rex's out of the city, perhaps the same thing applies here but the light keeps the evil cats away.  But the Crystal protecting the base went by by and turned off the the cats invaded them ?.  Something to think about.

I just gave myself an idea and added it in to make more sense, heh.
Gordon Shrumway

ALF

"Your form of punishment is harsh.  It may work for you but that doesnt stop the person from commiting the same thing over again? ever thought that maybe your form of punishment could be reinforcing his crime?.  For instance, a human does murder, he goes to this brig of yours inside this place he could learn new skills and do his crime over again but with more precision, what stops him from doing this crime over again and be more ruthless doing it?  I dont think your form of punishment would work very well under that circumstance."

"With my race if we all know about the crime then theres no need for one of us to do it again because we know about it and they feel guilty over it, thats enough punishment, dont you think?"

"Now if a human does a crime against us we would treat him or her as one of us and help him threw his guilt of the crime, show them another path to follow instead of the one they tried to take.  Sure they arent of our race but they commited the crime against us so even tho they arent one of us we would try to help them none the less.  Crime is rarely seen amongst us for this reason.  We show them a different road to take, I think you should try it with your prisoners and see where it goes.  The only thing that can come from a violent act is even more brutal and harsh violence.  Show the guilty another way to deal with his anger and show him another road he could follow, then allow him to make the choice to follow the new road or let him continue down his current path of violence.  We try to stay away from violence unless there is no other choice.  But that is just us."

"Oh our food hmmmmm, from what I seen in the domes is that they have gardens of vegetables and orchards of fruit.  They seem to not eat meat anymore which is very strange nothing like cat juice to quench ones thirst but alas new times means new ways of living I suppose."
Gordon Shrumway

Julian

OCC: thing?? lol god i think i should let you make the storyline up from now on lol but i'll keep playin along

We need to follow quarantine procedures here guys. For all we know they might have been put in these pods because of a plague, in hope that the future of their kind could heal them.

=^=Julian to Station Avalon, requesting immediate medical team with quarantine suits=^=

I dont want anyone opening another stasus pod until the ok has been given from a quarantine team. Thats an order.
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Balkazar

<Wiping his brow of sweat, Balkazar took a look around.  Some of his men were injured but still able to fight.  He scanned what was considered the battlefield>

"Hmmmm, I suggest we take one of these back and have the medical department take a look at the body.  Do an Autopsy if possible.  Find out something new about these things.  Hey, Sargent, take 10 men to there left flank and bunker down.  Take a few snipers with you.  Now we can go to them because they wont be expecting it.  Lets move out." he ordered his men.

"Cmon Admiral, You get in that Puma's over there we are going Felian hunting.  Lt, take 4 men with you and guard the Admiral.  Ok thats it move out." he called out.