• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

TCT Outpost Tritheladee

Started by Yagr Ramsey, June 03, 2004, 12:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gramaracose Luxor

~Scene flashes back to lab~
a young darkhair aparent human glances from a computer terminal built into the desktop.
Gram leans back in his chair and says "Sorry guys that was me shutting off all com badges on the station. Sorry to have awakened you at such an hour, good morning.  Let me start by explaining who I am and why I am here, but first we must make sure there are no unwanted ears"  Gram lifts a triquarter from his hip and with out speaking into he asks, "how many are we then?"  Ramsey looks at Gram and his head ever so slightly cocks to the side, on why a civilian would even be addressing him like that and then replied "5 essential".  With that the Aldean lifted the triquarter and with a blank stare in his eyes spoke, "6 to beam directly to area beta."  It was at that moment Ramsey noticed beeds of sweat on Grams forehead and cheeks.

~Scene shifts to a gridded holodeck with 6 starfleet personel standing and sitting in relation to their postions before beeming, the desk and floor of the room have been duplicated.~

"Gentlemen, as I'm sure you have been able to tell I am not a starfleet officer, although I graduated starfleet acadamy.  I work for U.D.D. a private defense contractor, special weapons division.  My only job here is to advise the command, and advise them of orders already in place.  The orders in place will be discussed after some briefing.  First," Gram cleared his throat. "First, -computer run program one dash a-5"
A smaller table phases into existance a few feet from the end of the duplicate lab/conference table.
Gram continued...
"What they discovered, who knows how long ago, I was briefed 18 hours ago, is that the borg, with aparent help, are or have developed a new weapon."
At that moment the lifeless body of what eveyone recongnizes as a Trill with out a host appears on the table.
"a new form of cybronetic organism.  The normal relationships between Trill & host dictate a Trill brian that is consisting of 2 lobes.  (a medical hologram of an enlarged Trill brain appears) these interface and become in all essence 1 personality involving of course a host, but enough of Trill anatomy 101.  What has been done here is a third lobe added in the species.  (a metalic looking 3rd lobe is added to the hologram) A lobe made of nanites.  We will get into them in a few minutes.  After the newly created cyberorganism survives it's initial shock and rejection period, we are guessing in a human host that doesn't survive, it is emplanted or joined with a Borg host and the Borg collective.  The Nanites have full control over hormonal levels as well as DNA structure.  From the information gathered from caputred nanites, they are estimating the size of one of these Borg warriors at nine feet tall, give or take, and the upper body strength of a Klingon woman fighting for the lives of her children.  The result of these nanites means that coming in contact, or even in an area where one of these worriors has been means possible infection.  I'm going to use the term anyway, though some argue that a sentient lifeform can not be an infection.  Infection means a nanite probe hearing, seeing, reading brainwave patterns, sencing everthing in the envirornment of the one infected.  Gentlemen, your lab has been infected.  This can make mission compromise a likely event."  Gram pauses for a moment then speaks "computer, water" (a pitcher of iced water with 6 full iced and lemoned glasses appears on the table) Picking up one of the glasses Gram takes a sip and continues.  "I mentioned orders in place.  These orders are on this disc" Gram hands a tiny disc to Ramsey.  "Basically they are the installation of protective software on station computers, it's desigened to detect nanite hacking.  No physical deliveries. unauthorized traffic to or from the lab, you know the rig-a-ma-roll, it's basically quarenteened."  At this point the computer starts playing recorded images of nanite testing.  A battle vehicle desolves in a mater of a couple of seconds, what appears to be mercury becoming a solid and then a liquid again as the view zooms in to show the tiny creatures all grabbing and then letting go of each other.  A photon topedo being defused in mid flight after being intercepted by a nanite defusing crew.  "Well I'll let everyone get back to your duties.  Sir," Gram steps closer to Ramsey and looks him in the eye and says, "Make sure the software update is complete and all diognostic testing done before  you view the disc.  The computer will ensure a sterile enviornment away from prying nanite eyes."  Gram looks over at the holodeck door and says "I'll be returning with you to monitor activity. computer, end program, bridge, 6 to beam to area alpha"  The group dematerializes from an empty holodeck.

(Edited by Gramaracose Luxor at 12:26 pm on June 3, 2004)

Gramaracose Luxor

Yagr Ramsey

Yagr Ramsey

///Hmm.....nanites.  I've got to get me some of those.///
"Quarantined?  But what about personnel rotations?  What about supplies?  1-A was due for a maintenance check, and we're out of replacement parts for the containment unit.  We can't use a force field.  I can't tell you why, we just can't.  And what if you're lying?  The U.D.D and I go back a ways, and I have found them rather....untrustworthy."

Yagr Ramsey

*Walks among the corridors of the tiny station.  Exocomps and crewmembers scurry about, obviously in a hurry to get to their assignments.  He begins to steb towards Laboratory 1-A, the most important laboratory in the station.  Very few are allowed to view the secrets within. (OFF: unfortunatly, readers, you are not included in that few) He take a deep breath, and then enters...*

Micah orion tiber

Yagr Ramsey. walks in and sits down to the secret conversation. but he accidentaly bends don and hits his comunicator pin as they speek. everyone listens to the emergency as it goes on. Micah is sitting in his starfleet room as his comunicater pin starts to speek. he dosn't care anything about it. he is way to mysterius to tell what he cares about. he has had one of the hardest lifes the star fleet has ever seen. He shuts off his comunicator.
Micah Orion tiber