• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Classroom 9

Started by Nekturn, November 05, 2005, 04:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghemor

*Attaches two more pips and begins looking over the controls and information a second and third time*
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics2/garak-small.gif" border="0">
Ensign Ghemor / Operations Officer / USS Evolution
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/Startrekdude1992/RedEnsign.png" border="0">

Eugene Archer

OOC: I am sorry for my lateness, but I have had two hard days at work, so I hadn't come around to posting the last two days.

IC: *Archer entered the classroom, and saw that cadet Trian was already waiting*

"Thank you for coming, cadet. Change of plans, mr. Trian."

*Archer snaps his fingers and the holodeck changed back into the bridge, and ahead of the ship, there was a large asteroid field.*

"What you are now looking at, is a large asteroid field, 10 million cubic kilometres large. I will start the simulation in a second, and your assignment, is to steer us through, all the way to the end. You are now the officer in command on this vessel. You get to pilot us safely, you will have to use everything you've learned yesterday. That means, manual piloting, course plotting, and evasive maneuvers. You also have to think about the speed, you have maneuvering thrusters, impulse drive, and also warp drive. Try to combine as much as possible. Good luck, cadet."

"Computer: start simulation."

OOC:This may seem quite difficult to execute, but just improvise a bit. If you get stuck, I will jump in and help you http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>.
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Archer.jpg" border="0">

zack1392

sorry wrong character
zack

Leon Kennedy

ok wow well i talked it over with my father and maybe helm isnt for me...i have been doing some thinking and maybe i will be better at security
Kennedy

trian

thankes well im off * and train leves the room* :;):
trian
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/BecKaDoodles/expendabilitystartrek.jpg" border="0">

Marco Diaz

No, that is fine.

Tell me what you would do in this situation:

You're travelling at half impulse and your ship is heading for an L class planet. Sensors indicate the planet has some form of planetary defenses and has targeted the ship.

What is your move.

OFF: I am testing your ability to think on the spot.
Captain Marco Diaz,
Commanding Officer DSA

Marco Diaz

I know the person who is in command of the Rivendell so you should be able to begin posting.

You could start by posting an introduction if you'd like and begin your work.
Captain Marco Diaz,
Commanding Officer DSA

Cobra

"Well sir there could be many problems, the first might be decreased engine power or speed which means your range would be more limited. The second might be that there are gravaty type anomolys like large stars. Also how far away destination is. Enemy vessels. and Friendly ships."
Ensign Ender Wiggin

Graduated Helm Training

Cobra

"Engageing one quater impulse."

intercom-" Launch bay cleared"- the computer

"Increasing speed to full impulse" sir

Ender looked down momentarly at the panel

(OOc will continue later)
Ensign Ender Wiggin

Graduated Helm Training

Cobra

Ender accellerated the ship the 3/4 impulse and rocketed toworads the romulans and rolled the ship 45 degrees to port as Tac fired a full spread of torpedos on one ship while using phasers on the other.

Tac: Starboard ship heavy damage, port ship was less damaged by the phaseres.
Ensign Ender Wiggin

Graduated Helm Training

Cobra

My final is on the previous page
Ensign Ender Wiggin

Graduated Helm Training

Marco Diaz

(OOC: Akira Class)

OPS: Helm, Romulan ship is 1 light year away, inside the neutral zone, moving to flank us...running at half impulse

"Match their movements helm"

SCI: They appear to be guarding a nebula, its gases are blocking my scans

"Hmm, Tac, weapons reading?"

TAC: They haven't yet charged weapons but their shields are up

"Scratch that Cadet, move towards them half impulse see what they do, prepare attack pattern Alpha"

OPS: They have hailed us sir, I blocked it like you ordered....

(OOC: Alpha - Star Fleets most basic offensive maneuver, attack pattern Alpha involves a mostly straight on approach to the target with some slight vectoring to the side based on the ship's weapons compliment and the target's movement.)
Captain Marco Diaz,
Commanding Officer DSA

Cobra

(OOC:"message from starfleet: "Tiberion, reinforcements sent, inbound nebula class ship ETA three minitues"

OPS: Reinforcements won't arrive for another hour sir "
so my renforcements wont come?)

"Sir maybe fighters would help" Ender said as he sent the ship into a downward sprial, phasers firing eraticly as they went.
Ensign Ender Wiggin

Graduated Helm Training

Eugene Archer

Ok, cadet, one quarter impulse, engage.

*The starship began to move and all looked nice and steady. After about half of the asteroid field was passed, however, a large comet suddenly appears on sensors.*

Cadet, sensors indicate a comet heading our way. Please act the way you think is most suitable to get us out of this situation.
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Archer.jpg" border="0">

Marco Diaz

"Understood Cadet, steady as she goes"

The crew worked feverishly as it was their first time in a battle situation

"Tac, ready torpedoes, fire at will"

he nodded in confirmation

"=^= fighters, move in at will too, vitals only unless they target yours, Ender.... no showboating, do your job =^="

"This is it fellas, do or die" he swallowed to add drama for the cadets

(OOC: Wiggin: As for a name, it could be anything, its your idea )

(OOC2: This is your final test, each of you will post your battle situations as you see them from your point of view, I will grade them on content and ability)
Captain Marco Diaz,
Commanding Officer DSA