• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Astrometrics Station

Started by Pierre Louis Assis, March 18, 2003, 06:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pierre Louis Assis

*walks into the room, with his face flushed*

Next time I'm taking the maglev... Oh! Good morning Mr. Stuart!  How are you?

Fine sir, and you?

Fine too... But I'm never again comming to this station on foot...

So, what's the project you said you wanted do discuss with me? By the way, i believe this PADD is yours...

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CSO- StarPhoenix Planetary Base
CO - USS Lattes

Pierre Louis Assis

No trouble at all, Mr. Stuart! I actually enjoy programming tricorders... http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

I have invited Mr. Daishin to our meeting as well, but he seems to be a little late... Well... Tell me Mr. Stuart, hope to find any interesting artifacts there? What have you found on those images?

And while Mr. Daishin doesn't arrive, let me take a look at some sensor sweeps they took...

*Twenty minutes later*

Hum! That's unusual! The metreonic partilce counting on the planet's rings are far beyond the normel levels... Are you familiar with the effects of a Metreonic Cascade, Mr. Stuart? It could kill us all in a matter of minutes... But this data is far to inprecise to be trusted.. I'll have to use our own probes, once they arrive to confirm this...

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Pierre Louis Assis

Hum... It seems Mr. Daishin is having some trouble waking up today... I'll give him a chance today, but next time it'll have to go to his record...

*taps a note on his PADD and leaves it on the table*

Dear Mr. Daishin,

I hope you have slept well tonight. Please contact me ASAP. And I hope this was the last time you slept over your shift.

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Pierre Louis Assis

=A= Assis to Skol =A=

Very well, sir. I believe our tactical officer has already boarded the ship. Anyway, I'll beam up immediately to ensure everything is ready, should the need arise.

=A= Assis out =A=

Computer, end session.

Configuration session ended

=A= Assis to Stuart =A=

Number one, I need you to beam me up again. It seems we are going to see some action soon. I'll give you more information when I arrive...

=A= Assis out =A=

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Skol

We should configurate the sensors, besides the scientific uses you already said, to make periodic passive scans of the sector, so we could be better prepared in cause of a tactical situation or a spacial anomaly that would endanger us.
Fleet Captain Skol
Chief Of Operations - Starphoenix Planetary Base

Event Horizon

*The cloud of energy was delighted.*
"Energy... energy! Growing stronger!"
"Want more energy!"
"Receiving energy from their weapons!!!"
"But want more!"
"Seek all energy now!!"
*Parts of the dark cloud start moving into a different shape, as if it is becoming a tornado, extending its tail at the power core of Starphoenix Station. In a matter of moments, it hits the building that houses the power core.*
"Energy in there! Need the energy!"
*As the cloud hits the building, a huge explosive sends large pieces of debris in all directions, crushing down on other buildings, setting them all on fire. The tail of the cloud penetrates into the ruins of the building, seeking the energy source, and starts feeding from it. One by one, the lights and all systems go down in the different buildings on the station...*

Pierre Louis Assis

The Astrometrics Station is a small one story building with a large array of antennae at its side. It is placed away from the main Research Facility, to avoid field interference. Currently, the building is empty and the array is still nos fully assembled, waiting for the engeneering crew to show up.
Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Thanks you sir.
Well, what I wanted to discuss with you, is about the possibility to take a shuttle pod that migth be avaiable to a field trip to area of the planet i think that would give me some crucial readings. With the data you gave me, I located in that region some stone presence that is not usual on that region, and i belive there is little chance it got there by natural means. Besides, I belive that it would be a good oportunity to Dr. Daishin study some of the life forms present there, if he could join me. I am also trying to modify this tricorder to detect further geological information while my equipament is not avaiable. If you could assist me, it would be of great help. What do you think abou this?

Pierre Louis Assis

Oh, Mr. Stuart... I almost forgot... You may talk to the Commodore about the ship. Tell him I sent you. But please, enlighten me on your findings...
Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Thank you Captain. I shall inform you of the Commodore´s decision as soon as he gives me.

* leaves the lab with rush*

Skol

=A=Skol to Captain Assis=A=

Captain, we are having a situation at Lancelot. I would like to know the status of the Lattes, if she is in shape to stop a shuttle that might leave the planet without authorization. As for the sensor array, we shall proceed as soon as possible.

=A=Skol out=A=

Fleet Captain Skol
Chief Of Operations - Starphoenix Planetary Base

Pierre Louis Assis

Very well, Fleet Captain. Let's proceed with the configuring.

*three and a half hours later*

Computer, end session.

*beeps*

I believe that all has ben configured now, gentlemen. Fleet Captain, your console in Operations will provide you all the data the sensor array gathers about ships in orbit, closing on the system and also the data on Dantor itself. If you excuse me, I have to return to the Lattes.

=A= Assis to Lattes =A=

Beam me up.

=A= Assis out =A=

*beams up*

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes

Event Horizon

*The energy cloud is drawn to a particular concentration of power at the station, and heads toward it fast, casting a dark shadow on the buildings below it... As it came within range, the inverse energy phasers were fired...*
"Energy... absorb energy..."
"What is this? Inverse energy! They try to trick us!"
"Ignore their tricks, they cannot weaken us..."
"They are annoying us!"
"We are being delayed! Gallifreyans may come soon, must hurry..."
"We will trick them back..."
"And we will take all energy at once..."
*At that moment, the dark energy cloud seems to expand as if to cover the entire landbase... but in fact it is moving toward the nearby ocean.*
"Water... water makes energy stream easier..."
"We will be able to assemble all energy and take it at once..."
*At that moment, what seems to be some sort of heavy lightning strikes into the ocean, several kilometers away from the station. The lightning seems to pierce into the depths of the oceans, and for an instant there appears to be a hole in the water... then the water begins to react and a huge wave begins to form. The large wave of water grows higher and more massive, as it sets for Starphoenix Base... In a matter of moments, the immense and high wave reaches the coastal area nearby Starphoenix Base, and the people on the base can see how the waves are taller than themselves... even taller than the highest buildings of Starphoenix base... and then the wave comes crashing down on top of the first buildings, and tons of water flows into the base, flooding the streets so much that only the highest buildings barely come above the water. The violent ocean water keeps flooding into the base, even tearing apart some of the smaller buildings and taking them with the stream, as the cloud hangs above the flooded areas, and begins to concentrate its power on an open area... The power of the energy field seems to look like a tornado coming down from it, heading for the water... and when it strikes the water, it begins to whirl with a heavy wind, as the Na'jigat cloud begins to extract all energy that is being flown through the water...*
"Energy... energy... Want more energy!"
"We still have part in space attacking ships..."
"They must make ships pay for this trick as well, and make sure they no longer delay us again!"
*And at that moment, in space, the separated part of the Na'jigat cloud turns aggressive, attacking all ships with what also seems to be a surge of energy lightning. The ships suffer a heavy shock, upsetting their systems as the ship is pulled back, away from planet Dantor.*

OFF: this is the last post I can make before I go on vacation. I won't be able to post until september again. Now you can continue the storyline and admins could post with Event Horizon, if they want. The idea is that the Na'jigat is about to destroy everything and everyone, when again the Gallifreyan cavalry appears. Gallifreyans are humanoid people, and the only species in the universe that is strong enough to fight the Na'jigat through mental energy. Even they can't defeat or destroy the Na'jigat, but they can force them to retreat - for now. I will ask Montrell to post as Legudon (main chief of the Gallifreyans) when he returns from his vacation soon. The Gallifreyans will use no weapons except pure concentration on telephatic energy. They are a species that does not like to interact with other species and will be short in answers, if they tell you anything at all. Little is known about them, and nobody really knows yet where they are from and who they are. But the war between the Na'jigat and the Gallifreyans has been going on from the beginning of time and will never end.
As for the Na'jigat, remember they can NOT be destroyed. You can delay them, confuse them a bit (but remember they CAN read your minds, they are the purest form of telephatic power as well) and besides trying to win some time, there's little you can do - but that doesn't mean you can make it spectacular, like I now just gave you some material to work with for some time http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=';)'>

* enters the room looking everything with a smile on the face, talking loud to himself *

Hum... I belive that shall do for now. When it is ready anyway. I will take a look on that data about the planet
Captain Assis sent me. Where the #### is the quarters area??

Pierre Louis Assis

That is indeed a very good idea Mr. Stuart! And I will be pleased to help you configuring the tricorder. I remember that I was pretty good at this on the Academy... I believe you Professor Stormhorn tought you the way to convert your tricorder to boost the comm badge emergency beacon, didn't he? Well, that was my idea! http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

*Takes his tricorder from the belt and flips it open*

Hum... Geological data, huh? Tranfer me what you have programmed and give me that isolinear configurator...

*passes the flashing humming tool over the tricorder*

Hum... You used a linear link on the scanning coil controller, but with that your scans will be much more affected by any sort of tetrionic radiation, which the prospectin scans indicate to be above the normal, and you terracon particle counting will not be very accurate... You may miss by some hundred years or so...

Major Pierre Louis Assis
CO - USS Lattes