• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

The Battle of Avalon

Started by Vorak, November 02, 2005, 11:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Newberry

OCC: I'm not even at Avalon yet. Plus, the DSefaints don't have shuttles that I know of.

2nd, I kinda have the small problem the Dantor is the farthest away then anyone.

Hodson

Sorry sir just a bit nervous don't mind me when will you fire the new torpedoes we will follow your lead.

Hodson

Essex-A to Night Walker we are waiting for your signal

Vorak

=^= All Federation stations and ships within reach to receive this message =^=
This is Flag Admiral Vorak speaking. We have recently received word that an attack on Avalon Station is impending. The enemy in this case, is the Na'jigat, a species that exist of pure mental energy and thus are unable to be killed by conventional weapons. Also shields are useless. Read more about the Na'jigat, their strength and weakness, in the database at http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=Page;p=najigat" target="_blank">http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin....najigat . Thank you.

This is a call for all ships of all divisions, with a request for military assistance to the highest possible degree. Avalon Station is about to be attacked soon, and the impact will be grave. Please send all available ships to Avalon Station. If this station falls, then the position of Starfleet and the Federation in the Delta Quadrant will become unstable.

Any ships arriving at Avalon Station may report their arrival to Avalon Station's Ops here http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=78;t=50;r=1" target="_blank">http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin....=50;r=1 in Avalon Station Operations > Station Ops > topic "The Battle of Avalon".

=^= Flag Admiral Vorak out =^=
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Chris Newberry

Sometime later

"Sir 20 minutes until we reach Avalon Station. They haven't seen us yet."

"Understood captain. Transfer comm channel to my console.

"Yes sir. General."

The transfer was completed in less then a minute. Chris opened a secure channel to Agent S Vek.

"Coded Messseged for Agent S Vek, Katorlian."

With this, Chris waited a few seconds for a reply from the channel then S Vek appears on the comm channel.

"General, what do you need."

"S Vek, we are in a crisis and need tactical help against an enemy that is pure energy. Can you help."

"Yes and no. I currently in the Alpha Quadrant but I do have more then half a fleet in the Delta Quadrant noid area. Use the torpedoes I left on the Night Walker to open a rift to noid space and we will handle them after that."

"I see. Well thank you for this help and I hope to see you soon when you return."

"Same as you General."

The comm link is disconnected.

"Sir dropping to impulse speed."

Seconds passed before General Newberry could see Avalon Station and the fleet that could get here in time.

Chris Newberry

OCC: I understand. I am about to but I got a little storyline to do with it. Here it goes now.

IC On:

"Helmsmen, lay in a course for the right side of the Na'jigat cloud. Tactical, lower shields and de activate the the cloak now."

"Aye sir," came from both officers.

=/-\= Engineering, I need all power to the warp core now. Push it pass the red mark but don't allow the Nightwalker to go to warp yet. =/-\=

=/-\= General, that could cause a warp core breech. =/-\=

=/-\= I know but it won't. Reinforce the shielding around the matter-anti mater reactor as well. It should resolve a few problems. =/-\=

=/-\= I must object to thos.... =/-\=

=/-\= Those are your orders Lieutenant. If you don't abid by them, then it will be a direct violation of command orders. Bridge out. =/-\=

"Tactical, load the torpedoes and prepare to fire."

"Yes sir. General. Loading torpedo bays now. Sir, vessels approaching on attack run."

"Fire phasers and pulse cannons at them. Keep them away from us. Ops, open secure channel to the Essex A."

"Yes sir." came from Tactical. "Channel open sir."

"Essex A, where moving away from the station and prepare to fire and go through the event horzion. I have lowered shields to draw more power to my warp core to reach sustained warp speed or warp 9.99 infinite. Be advise that communication may be disrupted in the process and we will not return back to the battle but continue throught to the null space. I will leave comm channel open between both our ships until the last moment."

With the comm open, General Newberry gives orders to his crew."

Engineering Officer: Sir, Warp core at 250 % over max control. Warp core breech immentiant in 2.57 minutes.

"Full speed to impulse engines, Tactical, lock torpedo control to launch at the 30 second mark and engaged warp engines as they exploded."

30 seconds later

The special torpedoes are launch from the Nightwalker.

"Sir, warp core breech in 1 minute."

"Hold on now."

The torpedoes exploded.

"Engaged warp engines."

The Nightwalker goes passed the warp 9.999 barrier and enters the event horzion which takes a piece of the Na'jigat cloud with it. About 1/8 of the right corner is now being sucked in it before the event horzion starts to strink in size.

Chris Newberry

5 minutes later.

Minutes passed before the Night Walker emerges from the event horzion into nullid space (Zero Space) with the Na'jigat cloud all around. They start on a approach with the unknown vessels and start attacking the Night Walker.

"Shields up. Lock phasers and fire at will."

"Fire at will sir."

"Sir, shields detected moving on intercept course. There not the  Na'jigat allies."

"Visual!"

The screen suddenly changes to the ships that where approaching the Night Walker at a very fast speeds.

"Those are our allies."

"Where being hailed by the leading ship."

"On screen."

"This is S Vek to Night Walker. Sorry it took so long to get here."

"Glad to see you too S Vek. Any help would be appreciated."

"Well, General. I am supporting this from the beginning so my ships will now get rid of there forces with you and you compainions help."

"Compainion." Chris thinks and remembers. "The Essex A. Admiral Ransom vessel."

"Right, they should be exiting the event horzion soon with more of the Na'jigat allies and there clouds of mental energy."

Chris Newberry

Walks onto the bridge and sets in the command Chair.

"Helmsofficer, full power to impulse power. Ready to break orbit and prepare the cloak for activation."

"Aye sir."

Chris taps the intership comm.

"Attention all Marines. We are heading into a battle I don't think we'll win. Our enemy is energy this time. I have read the reports on them and haven't found a way to defeat them. As of now, we are a Red Alert."

Chris closes the channel.

"Helmsmen, set course for Avalon station, highest warp factor you can pull from the warp drive."

"Tactical, bring the cloak online and have all offensive and defensive systems online. Increase security on all decks."

Vorak

=^= Avalon Station to the Fleet =^=
This is Flag Admiral Vorak speaking. I would like to thank all those who have answered our distress call so swiftly, for your presence here at Avalon Station. It takes courage to stand at the frontline, facing an enemy that apparently cannot be defeated, but we cannot stand by and face our own destruction without defending ourselves.

The battle to come may appear hopeless, but it is not. The Gallifreyans have left us with valuable information regarding some weaknesses of the Na'jigat. Since the Na'jigat is unable to travel through space at a speed faster than light, anything related to warp speed can make it a little more difficult for them. But do not misunderstand me here, for any kind of explosions or anti-matter bombs will only fuel the Na'jigat, and make them stronger. They are able to feed of any energy in existence. But light speed can be used to our advantage.

Gather warp particles, which are emmitted by your starships while travelling at warp speed, and use these particles in your shielding and station's structural integrity. I am aware that this is not easy to do, but if your scientists and engineers work together, it may be possible.

Another option is the Soliton Wave, a subspace wave of energy that does not diminish and obtains warp speeds... This could be used to drive back the Na'jigat, and though it will not damage them, it may cause the Na'jigat cloud to disperse and become separate clouds that are therefore less powerful and don't have the ability to communicate with one another.

We have two agents among our ranks of the Order of Gallifrey, including captain Taurik of the U.S.S. Rivendell, who are the only ones able to defeat - though not destroy - the Na'jigat. If we are able to disperse the Na'jigat clouds, making them less powerful, we give Taurik and ambassador Vurak the ability to defeat them more easily.

These are the only options available to fight the Na'jigat. Abandon your phasers, torpedoes or shields. They will be useless to you, and worse, make the enemy even stronger.

Here are my final orders. All the ships will take a battle formation, surrounding Avalon Station. You MUST hold that position as long as possible, and prevent the Na'jigat from breaking through the lines. I appoint three people on Avalon Station to be in charge of the entire operation. Those three people are admiral Montrell, admiral Karelia and Major Embries. Furthermore, I appoint captain Taurik as captain of the fleet, commanding the fleet from space. If communications with Avalon Station break down, you will follow his orders first.

The Na'jigat will most likely be here within a few hours. I want all ships and crew to be prepared. Live long and prosper.
=^= Vorak out =^=
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Chris Newberry

On the bridge of the Night Walker, darkness appears as no light is formed by planets. The Na'jigat cloud is all around the Night Walker and several dozen of the unknown vessels where pulled into the event horizion as well.

"Status"

"Comm system interuptions. Warp engines are about to be overloading. We need to slow down."

"Noted. This speed needs to be sustained as long as possible."

"Understood sir."

"Try and re open a channel to the Essex A or any federation ships."

"Aya sir.

Hodson

==^== All ships line your shuttles warp cores up in front of the enemy and detonate on Admiral Ransoms order==^==

Techerakh

Several Gallifreyan cruisers drop from hyperspace, and begin approaching Starbase Avalon. A wide-beam transmission goes out to the Starfleet defense force.

"This is Master Techerakh of the Order of Gallifrey. We have come to defend this outpost from the Na'jigat."
"En Taro Adun!"
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Head of the Gallifreyan Templar Caste

Hodson

General we will cover you then we will follow you.

Chris Newberry

The USS Nightwalker exits the vortex but doesn't head back to Avalon Station, but activates the cloaking device and heads back to Dantor at Max Warp.