• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

A guided tour with Flag Admiral Vorak

Started by Vorak, December 20, 2004, 06:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 2:32 pm on April 25, 2004

*Hobson and Vorak enter the research center.*
"You will find that we made this, to have more than a normal old science department. More controls, monitors, even a whole wall devoted to ship design layouts. Several weapons and ship upgrades, it is currently doing more of an engineering science, concerning the Excalibur."

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 2:43 pm on April 25, 2004

"Sir, together with Mr. Williams, we have designed special anti-Borg weapons and shields. 75% of the tests were successful."

-- Posted by James Madison on 4:11 pm on April 25, 2004

"Ah, I am sure vice admiral Fisher will be interested to hear the findings, when he returns."

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:47 pm on April 25, 2004

"It is indeed a very large project, one of the largest I have ever seen to be undertaken in the Delta Quadrant this far."

-- Posted by James Madison on 4:53 pm on April 25, 2004

"A very big step for new technology. All you see here, is for the Excalibur. The newest anti-Borg weapons, and other things are going to be worked on. Mostly when admiral Fisher returns. And I expect it to have the longest mission of all Delta Quadrant ships as well, as it will be going on a regular warp path into the Delta Quadrant, to make way for all of our ships to clear a path into the other divisions. As of now, only the Alamo can make it. As it is, it's the only fitted with transwarp, though the Excalibur will have it too now. Mr. Fisher suggested not to use it. Due to the size of the ship, the reactor would have to be all the bigger. And it barely fits inside an Akira, when it was once on the Aztec."

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 6:56 pm on April 25, 2004

"Sir, the size of a transwarp reactor doesn't matter, the Borg have reactors smaller then a standard warp core."

-- Posted by James Madison on 7:19 pm on April 25, 2004

"I am aware of the ship's sizes. Though as you did not know, the Alamo gave up much space for its reactor. Losing most of engineering and the regular warp cores power. Captain Brodie made it using Borg technology, but mostly a new design."

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

-- Posted by dutchman36 on 8:02 pm on April 25, 2004

*Runs into the research center.*
"Admiral, I came as fast as I could."
*Takes a breath.*
"Admiral Vorak, sir, will you be here when the Excalibur is launched?"

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 1:39 pm on April 26, 2004

=^= Message From colonel Williams. How are those science stations coming? =^=

-- Posted by Vorak on 2:55 pm on April 26, 2004

"That depends, Mr. Dutchman. When is the launch scheduled?"

-- Posted by Weasly Cook on 7:23 pm on April 26, 2004

"Well, I'm being told at most in two weeks, but that's a little much. I mean, we just finished the labs, and if I recall correctly, we got weapons about 50% complete. Also, I got started on other odds and ends of the ship, but I should be ready some time this week or the next, except for a friday."

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 7:47 pm on April 26, 2004

*Hail.*
"Mr. Cook, I have the weapons finished and I am waiting for a last look over, when you're done at the science labs."

-- Posted by Weasly Cook on 8:05 pm on April 26, 2004

=^= Right, Mr. Williams. I'm on my way. =^=

"I wish to stay and chat, but I'm needed on Excalibur for last minute things."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 9:40 pm on April 26, 2004

*Enters the room with Paris Love. Seeing admiral Vorak, he offers a traditional Vulcan salute.*
"Peace and long life, admiral Vorak."
-- Posted by GaryFisher on 10:13 pm on April 26, 2004

*Enters.* "I need a status report on the science departments progress. When you're done with the anti-Borg work, get started researching on a new shield technology. We won't launch until the two Federation ships and the Excalibur are decently crewed. So, a good long time from now. We have yet to install half of our new technology."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:18 pm on April 26, 2004

"Aye, sir."

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 10:20 pm on April 26, 2004

*Hobson exits the turbolift doors as Fisher leaves.*
"Major Green, just who I was looking for. Your team will be in charge of designing the science and medical centers for the Excalibur. You may want to report to engineering to coordinate with Mr. Williams, Fisher, and the Borg... can't remember her number."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 1:29 am on April 27, 2004

"Admiral Vorak, Aitlu trasha, Sep-wafikh?"
*She manages a smile and tries to look as energetic as possible as not to trouble Vorak, but her lack of sleep is evident on her tired face.*

-- Posted by Tom Hobson on 1:40 am on April 27, 2004

*Hobson turns to Love and Vorak, giving a skeptical look as she speaks what he presumes to be Vulcan. After hesitation, he motions to the turbolift.*
"That is basically all of the research center at the time, the project takes the entire center. I think that is about it, the security and marine stations are one in the same, and are very little worth a tour. At the moment, if you want safe travel, you could not leave, a Klingon rebel fleet is around us. With luck, the USS Ticonderoga was sent to assist, and the Rivendell is out there. Our fleet is turning back after reaching the border of the Delta Quadrant. Perhaps we can meet in the pub again and discuss more about the Excalibur's travel to the Delta Quadrant, we have little idea of where to go here at Nova."

-- Posted by Embries on 4:36 pm on April 27, 2004

*Embries enters, and carefully picks out a series of particular spare parts.*
"Ah, this is what I was looking for. Good, now I can continue."
*And he strides back out of the research center.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:37 pm on April 27, 2004

*Vorak looks up and raises his eyebrows, as he notices Love and Green enter at the same time.*
"We shall depart with the Rivendell again, when the travel conditions are safe once more."

-- Posted by dutchman36 on 6:27 pm on April 27, 2004

"Sir, is there anything I could do, while I wait for the completion of the ship? And who is going to be my XO?"

-- Posted by Paris Love on 11:45 pm on April 27, 2004

"Very well."
*She follows closely behind the group as they exit the research center to the pub, humming a tune softly.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 4:56 pm on April 29, 2004

*Vorak leaves the research center with the rest of the group.*

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

-- Posted by Embries on 12:25 pm on May 7, 2004

*On board Freedom Station, Embries strides into the research center, his staff firmly in his hand.*
"Greetings, Mr. Green. I was to inform you that the admirals would like you to start working on a way to provide extra Hull Reinforcement."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 10:01 am on May 8, 2004

"Sure, but no rest for the weary, eh?"
*Laughs*

-- Posted by Embries on 4:57 pm on May 9, 2004

*Embries smiles.*
"No rest for the weary indeed. Sometimes I think it's my own fault I haven't had any rest for the last thousand years, always looking for work to be done."

-- Posted by Mark Green on 8:47 pm on May 9, 2004

"Do you have any suggestions as to how to increase hull strength, other than building a second outer hull?"

-- Posted by Embries on 4:34 pm on May 11, 2004

"If you place structural integrity enhancers here, here and here, each time at the exact same distance from each other, you'll increase the hull strength with another 29%. It's a little trick, but it works perfectly."

-- Posted by GaryFisher on 2:26 am on May 13, 2004

=^= The USS Excalibur is complete. Save what research you have remaining. And to send to be put in. When you finish join us on the Excalibur for a drink and celebration of all the contruction staff. =^=

*Everyone begins to board the new ship.*

-- Posted by Bill Williams on 3:25 am on May 11, 2004

"I was wondering if I should go or stay on the station Sir."

-- Posted by Dean Starwind on 12:19 pm on May 11, 2004

=^= Transmission =^=
I would like to be presant for the tests of this ship so when it is ready please let me know thank you.
=^= Transmission closed =^=

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet