• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Dinner between Vorak and Paris Love

Started by Vorak, December 20, 2004, 06:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

-- Posted by Vorak on 11:36 pm on April 16, 2004

*Vorak and Paris Love enter the Starburst Pub.*
"This appears to be the only dining facility available on this station."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 11:44 pm on April 16, 2004

*Shakes her head while smiling and takes a seat.*
"I think it's a fine establishment, being a bar. I'm curious as to if they have an Earth cheeseburger. I've not had one of those in quite some time. What will you have?"
*Sighs.*
"I must admit, I'm ready to sleep after this tiresome day. Reporters can be quite the workout. I believe bed will be my next destination after this meal."

-- Posted by Vorak on 11:48 pm on April 16, 2004

*Vorak peers at the menu card.*
"I believe I will ask the waiter for their chef's recommendations for a meal."
*Then he puts away the menu card again.*
"Vulcan physiology does not require me to sleep much, though it was not considerate of me to assume the same of you. You are indeed human and require daily sleep. I apologize for my lack of consideration of that logical fact."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 11:53 pm on April 16, 2004

"Oh, it's quite fine. Humans have developed a method of reducing that need of sleep by developing a psychological need of caffeine. Some people consume coffee more than anything else. Ah, but today was just a little hectic with the reporters and the attacks. Some days are just like that, others are slow. No need to apologize."
*Love notices him looking at the menu card.*
"Have you ever sampled an Earth hamburger?""

-- Posted by Vorak on 12:01 am on April 17, 2004

"A large amount of... caffeine, is not healthy for your body system, however. Nor, do I believe, is the typical Earth burger. However, if you recommend that, I believe it would be illogical to assume that one... burger, would kill me."

-- Posted by James Madison on 12:02 am on April 17, 2004

"Madison to Vorak, when you complete your meal we can begin the tour."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 12:07 am on April 17, 2004

*Love slightly smiles.*
"It's nice to know I work with a man that is open to new experiences. That's highly respected where I come from. I do hope it is to your liking."
Waiter/bartender: "What will you be having today?"
"Two Earth cheeseburgers, a side of french fries, and two dr. peppers, if you please."
*Waiter leaves to the replicator in the back, and returns shortly after, with the meal on a platter. He sets it in front of them.*
"Do enjoy."

-- Posted by Vorak on 12:11 am on April 17, 2004

*Vorak stares at the food before him.*
"Quite... unusual."
*He takes a bite of the burger.*
"But acceptable. Thank you, Ms. Love."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 12:17 am on April 17, 2004

*Love eats a few fries collectively while watching him intently. She keeps from laughing a few times at how unusually he consumes his meal.*
"I see you like it... but I wouldn't recommend eating burgers becoming a habitual activity for you... It'll ruin your "girlish figure"."
*Love smiles before taking a bite of her burger and sipping her soda.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 12:21 am on April 17, 2004

"My... girlish... figure?"
*Vorak raises one eyebrow. Then he suddenly realizes that Madison was trying to reach him.*
"Vorak to Mr. Madison, acknowledged. I will inform you when I am ready."
*Then he takes another bite.*
"Human food is not so bad after all, it appears."
-- Posted by Paris Love on 12:30 am on April 17, 2004

*Finishes little more than half her burger before setting it down and rubbing her eyes.*
"I suppose I'll need to get you to experiment with new things."
*Love sips her soda once more.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 12:34 am on April 17, 2004

*Vorak raises an eyebrow again.*
"Please explain your statement."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 12:40 am on April 17, 2004

"Humans often experiment with new things, in hopes of finding something they truly have a passion for. Perhaps if you do the same, you could find something new you'd really enjoy. I often try to be open to new ideas and activities. I've recently learned I enjoy dining with you, you're quite the relaxing company."
*Love sips her soda once more.*
"Why did you invite me to dinner? You've not brought up a subject of business as of yet. What's the occasion?"

-- Posted by Vorak on 12:43 am on April 17, 2004

*Vorak is about to answer, but then holds back and considers his words for a moment, before actually responding to her question.*
"I believe it more appropriate that I dine with you in order to thank you for your assistance, rather than that you should be forced to dine with a stranger."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 12:57 am on April 17, 2004

*Love eyes him for a moment before smiling and sipping her soda once more.*
"I'm afraid I won't be joining you on your tour, I'm dreadfully tired. Hobson said we're free to stay in the guest suites, correct?"

-- Posted by Vorak on 1:04 am on April 17, 2004

"I understand. It would be unreasonable for me to ask you to join on the tour as well. Shall I make certain your quarters are secure, for in case the Ferengi attack again?"

-- Posted by Paris Love on 1:09 am on April 17, 2004

"If you feel that is necessary. Well, it's slumber for me, have you had your fill and ready to go?"
*Love yawns and stretches slightly.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 1:14 am on April 17, 2004

*Vorak finishes his drink.*
"I believe my stomach is quite full, thank you. Do you wish me to accompany you to your quarters?"

-- Posted by Paris Love on 1:17 am on April 17, 2004

"That'd be most gentleman like, and much appreciated."
*She stands and enters the turbolift with him.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 1:20 am on April 17, 2004

"Very well. And in case of any problems, please do not hesitate to call on me."
*The turbolift doors open again and before them is a corridor with several crew quarters.*

-- Posted by Paris Love on 1:26 am on April 17, 2004

*Begins to head out the door before stopping and turning.*
"Thank you for your company, it was wonderful. Is there anything you need before I go to bed, admiral?"

-- Posted by Vorak on 1:35 am on April 17, 2004

"All I would ask is that you remain safely within these quarters, in case the station would be under attack again."
*The doors to the quarters open.*
"Computer, secure these quarters level 8, high priority security, authorization Vorak-Delta."
Computer: "Acknowledged."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 1:43 am on April 17, 2004

"....Sir, level 8, are you certa—"
Vorak: "Please, Ms. Love. Level 8 would be necessary in this case."
*Smiles bashfully.*
"No matter, mind that you have a couple of meetings early in the morning and you'd be ill advised to stay up late. Please get some sleep when able."

-- Posted by Vorak on 1:47 am on April 17, 2004

"It is illogical to worry about my sleep, I am able to stay awake for several more days, in fact. However, I shall remember your advice. Thank you, and may you sleep well."

-- Posted by Paris Love on 1:53 am on April 17, 2004

*Nods.*
"Of course. Good eve. Rouse me at 0600 hours if I haven't already, if you please."
*Enters and closes the door.*
Computer: "Level 8 security engaged."
*She undoes her hair, undresses partially, and turns out the lights to sleep.*

-- Posted by Vorak on 1:57 am on April 17, 2004

*Vorak stands before the closed door for some moments. Then he takes a deep breath and frowns, but immediately regains his Vulcan composure as he hears someone coming near walking by, and taps his commbadge.*
"Vorak to Madison, I am ready for the tour around the station."

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 3:14 pm on April 17, 2004

*8 of 12 walks into the corridor just then.*
"So you are the leader of this fleet. As you humans always say, it is an honor to meet you."

-- Posted by James Madison on 3:16 pm on April 17, 2004

"Ah, well then, admiral, if you're ready, we can go to engineering for the first part of the tour. A new crew-member, 8 of 12 having the Borg implants removed, is joining the future Excalibur crew."

-- Posted by 8 of 12 on 3:18 pm on April 17, 2004

"If you don't mind, I'll join the tour."

-- Posted by James Madison on 3:20 pm on April 17, 2004

"You may join, though you might want to remain in engineering to work with colonel Williams and majors Green and Embries. That reminds me, I've not seen Embries for a while. Anyone know were he is?"

-- Posted by Mark Green on 8:11 pm on April 17, 2004

"Major Embries is a very busy man, admiral."

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet