• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

The Hijacking of the A.S.C Zentara

Started by Rikan, May 24, 2005, 01:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikan

Rikan and seven other officers from the Revox descend upon the orbital shipyards around Nygea Delta, the Alliance capital world, home of the Round Council. They stand together in their transit pod, several hundred kilometers from the shipyards.

Rikan addresses the group of officers under his command, his makeshift crew. "OK, we only have one shot at this. I'm going to pilot the pod right into the hangar bay of the Zentara, where there are sure to be some engineers. I know it's going to be hard, but don't hesitate to fire on them. The first think we need to do is secure the bridge, and the engine bay." He points to one of his officers. "Zaerdra, I'll need you to take three others and head for the engine bay. Prep the ship for maximum warp, ASAP. Gadon, you and your men come with me to the bridge. Any others onboard we can deal with after we're clear of the docks."

Rikan

The pod speeds into the bay amidst confused dockworkers. It sets down roughly and the hatch flies open. Several crewmen jump out and begin firing plasma rifles, knocking engineers from their feet. Rikan and his team bolt through a large door in the corner of the bay, headed for the bridge. Zaerdra and two other make their way to the engine room.

Rikan's group finds a trio of security guards running for the bay to quell the attack. The Traquel and his men duck into a alcove in the wall, and as the guards pass by, they open up with plasma fire. The three guards drop to the ground promptly, their momentum causing them to slide.

Eventually they make it to the bridge. Sub Chief Qimtiq, a Dralian, jumps to his feet in surprise as his fellow officers are felled around him. Rikan grabs him by the uniform collar, lifts him up, and throws him into the corner, where he is inadvertantly knocked unconscious when he smashes his head on the wall.

Meanwhile, Zaerdra and her team are cautiously making their way to the engine bay. They are encountering much more resistance than Rikan's team. After dispatching more than two dozen guards, they make it to the doors of the engine room. As the door opens, plasma fire streaks and one of her teammates is killed. She hesitantly lobs a plasma grenade which kills several armed engineers. After a few minutes of ducking in and out of cover, she deals with the last defender. She then retrieves her communicator from her belt.

"Zaerdra to Rikan. We've taken the engine room. The warp drive is ready for use."

"Good," he replies. "We're disengaging now. Rikan out."

The science vessel Zentara twists violently in the docks, forcibly removing her moorings, and exits the drydock. A moment later, it speeds to warp, with sublight interceptors trying with futility to catch up.