• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

The Battle of Avalon

Started by Vorak, November 04, 2005, 01:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorak

=^= Avalon Station to the Fleet =^=
This is Flag Admiral Vorak speaking. I would like to thank all those who have answered our distress call so swiftly, for your presence here at Avalon Station. It takes courage to stand at the frontline, facing an enemy that apparently cannot be defeated, but we cannot stand by and face our own destruction without defending ourselves.

The battle to come may appear hopeless, but it is not. The Gallifreyans have left us with valuable information regarding some weaknesses of the Na'jigat. Since the Na'jigat is unable to travel through space at a speed faster than light, anything related to warp speed can make it a little more difficult for them. But do not misunderstand me here, for any kind of explosions or anti-matter bombs will only fuel the Na'jigat, and make them stronger. They are able to feed of any energy in existence. But light speed can be used to our advantage.

Gather warp particles, which are emmitted by your starships while travelling at warp speed, and use these particles in your shielding and station's structural integrity. I am aware that this is not easy to do, but if your scientists and engineers work together, it may be possible.

Another option is the Soliton Wave, a subspace wave of energy that does not diminish and obtains warp speeds... This could be used to drive back the Na'jigat, and though it will not damage them, it may cause the Na'jigat cloud to disperse and become separate clouds that are therefore less powerful and don't have the ability to communicate with one another.

We have two agents among our ranks of the Order of Gallifrey, including captain Taurik of the U.S.S. Rivendell, who are the only ones able to defeat - though not destroy - the Na'jigat. If we are able to disperse the Na'jigat clouds, making them less powerful, we give Taurik and ambassador Vurak the ability to defeat them more easily.

These are the only options available to fight the Na'jigat. Abandon your phasers, torpedoes or shields. They will be useless to you, and worse, make the enemy even stronger.

Here are my final orders. All the ships will take a battle formation, surrounding Avalon Station. You MUST hold that position as long as possible, and prevent the Na'jigat from breaking through the lines. I appoint three people on Avalon Station to be in charge of the entire operation. Those three people are admiral Montrell, admiral Karelia and Major Embries. Furthermore, I appoint captain Taurik as captain of the fleet, commanding the fleet from space. If communications with Avalon Station break down, you will follow his orders first.

The Na'jigat will most likely be here within a few hours. I want all ships and crew to be prepared. Live long and prosper.
=^= Vorak out =^=
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

=^= All Federation stations and ships within reach to receive this message =^=
This is Flag Admiral Vorak speaking. We have recently received word that an attack on Avalon Station is impending. The enemy in this case, is the Na'jigat, a species that exist of pure mental energy and thus are unable to be killed by conventional weapons. Also shields are useless. Read more about the Na'jigat, their strength and weakness, in the database at http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=Page;p=najigat" target="_blank">http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin....najigat . Thank you.

This is a call for all ships of all divisions, with a request for military assistance to the highest possible degree. Avalon Station is about to be attacked soon, and the impact will be grave. Please send all available ships to Avalon Station. If this station falls, then the position of Starfleet and the Federation in the Delta Quadrant will become unstable.

Any ships arriving at Avalon Station may report their arrival to Avalon Station's Ops here http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=78;t=50;r=1" target="_blank">http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin....=50;r=1 in Avalon Station Operations > Station Ops > topic "The Battle of Avalon".

=^= Flag Admiral Vorak out =^=
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Reg

"Engineering, Reg here! Get off your stools and complete the assignment im sending you" Reg sent over the comm system
Lt. Reg Hiller
Chief Helm Officer
USS Mannon

Justin Arturo

Helm set a course for space station avalon MAXIMUM warp.

The Vallhalla jumps to warp

Hodson

==^==All ships line up your shuttle's warp cores in front of the N'jat and detonate on Admiral Ransoms command==^==