• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 1: Ghosts in the Machine

Started by Vincent Garhart, March 02, 2006, 04:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent Garhart

=A= Garhart to ops.  =A=
I am not sure that it is self aware.  I am at the computer interface and preparing to input Cook's program.  

A few moments pass and then the line goes dead.  

OOC:  The virus blocked communications.  Just to hoze more systems.
Vincent Garhart
Lt. General

"If you would like to know my preference. I would like to consult with Admiral Starwind before leaving this deck. It has already been proven that transportation through this station is not going undetected or allowed, for the most part. Something tells me this will not be a situation that can be solved by access codes, or secret rooms".

Baphomet

=A=Baphomet to Freeman=A=

"acknowledged Commander."

=A=Baphomet Out=A=

Baphomet went to the now operational Science station, locked on to the Storage Unit and transported it into space, using a graviton emitter to cause the Storage Unit to fly away from the station.

=A=Shuttle Kelata to Baphomet=A=

COMPUTER: PRIORITY ONE MESSAGE FROM FLEET ADMIRAL VORAK RECEIVED.

++This is Flag Admiral Vorak speaking. Captain Sanchez has just departed Avalon Station with the Evolution, and gone to warp on its way to the planet Loxius. This was done without any authorisation, however, as the ship was permanently decommissioned, and therefore his actions are illegal. Leave the docking bay immediately and begin pursuit of the Evolution. Once you have managed to reach them, bring them to a halt before they reach Loxius, and make sure to bring Mr. Sanchez and any other crewmembers aboard the ship back to the station immediately++

=A=Kelata Out=A=

Baphomet requested permission to leave the Frontier Station; after receiving permission to leave, with thanks, Baphomet beamed Freeman and herself to her shuttle which was still cloaked in the Main Cargo hold and intiated the Shiftdrive to the USS Rivendell.
Baphomet had adjusted the Hexadecimal coordinates to portal right into Shuttle Bay one, beaming them both to the Bridge, Baphomet reported to Captain Taurik for duty and went to the Main Science Station and logged in.

James Madison

Admiral Madison go's over to the Operations console.

"It appears their are several malfunctions across the station. I'll have engineering run some tests."
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/dougherty_matthew.jpg" border="0">
Admiral - High Command
Avalon Station CO

William Richerd

Richerd took on a blank look, "You mean... like that M-5 incident with the computer that hijacked the Enterprise? We could be dealing with one of those computers?" Richerd had read of the incident, and had run the senerio's of if a computer ever acted like that.... but this sounded totally diffrent.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5811/starpheonixidricherdscopy8gy.jpg" border="0">
The security of this organization is number one

He stood on Ops awaiting Cook and Starwind.
"One thing that perplexes me so far, is the subtle mentioning of former Commodore Nesbitts security clearances. I do not suspect he has the slightest involvment in this, but I do suspect that it supports the time in which these malfunctions began. Being in the time period of his time here. With that thought, I think we can step closer to the cause of this".

Dean Starwind

"How long will i have to wait here until this bloody hatch opens? Its getting a little warm in here."

*Dean thinks to himself for a moment then his face goes blank then starts to pound on the hatch.*

"Weasly! Weasly! Check the enviromental controls! I need to know the current conditions it is set for. Contact Main engineering aswhele I need to know they are safe. If Ransome syas we are dealing with Borg then those will be the first things they go for!."
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/ross_william.jpg" border="0">
Commander Dean Starwind
Executive Officer
Uss Rivendell- NCC-84540-B

"We will have to make due without an engineer..that is untill we can free Mr. Starwind. Which we should quickly try to do. For his health and for Mr. Cook and Garharts".

Richard Ransom

*Goes over to the Engering Station*

I will try to Bring up the up loads to the Main Computer for the last 12 hours .

Computer: Access Denied

there goes my Access Codes

*get up and starts to think*

Tom, do we have anyone near Deck 92 Section Beta 4 SubLevel 2  Room 7363-A5
becuse if we can any some one in that Room there is an Emerencey Manuel Override of all Deck Seals but geting to that room is hard when the Computer is Operatating but I do Know the Back Access is through the Computer Core and with the problem with the Computer I not sure we can access that Room but its there becuse I was one of the pepole to looked at those specs.
but is there any more ideas?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

Weasly Cook

Cook wiped his brow and let out a sigh, "Okay, next time this happens I'll check to make sure that they are intelligent first before creating a program to try and take care of them."

Cook smiles and then walks to the nearest air lock and soon he is back into his science uniform and walks onto ops. He looked around and checked the computer and started running a self check to see just what kind of insainity had occured, finding that indeed Captain Smith was outside his room, uses a site to site transport to put Captain Smith back into his room, and was planing on having his ears ringing for a few minutes when his shift ended.
For the twentith time Captain Smith, you are not to dart into the hallway.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

"Minor ones? There was one with the doors to my office. I've never seen a large number of minor malfunctions. It sounds to me like side effects of a main malfunction".

"As I am sure you have gathered, we appear to have numerous malfunctions. More then likely it has stemmed from the main computer core".
He paused shortly as the security chief transported, but continued after Richerd spoke.
"Before the problem is diagnosed at the computer core itself, the dangers should be taken into account. If the computer is concious and interested in keeping its abilities, it will defend itself".

William Richerd

"Right Sir... I'll go get them personally...." he then stopped and cleared his throat, "Computer, cancel locked down, Captain Junior Grade Richerd." The computer beeped and nothing happed but one thing.

"Security code not regonizable, please repeat agian." Richerd shook his head and then spoke his athorization code, nothing happened, he then walked over to the security counsel and entered it manually and that time the Computer responded.

"Affirmitive, lock down dissengaged." Richered then went to the turbolift only to have the doors open to an open shaft, he stopped turned around having expected something like that, and left by the Jeffries Tube.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5811/starpheonixidricherdscopy8gy.jpg" border="0">
The security of this organization is number one

Dean Starwind

=/\= Starwind to ops, we are on our way.=/\=
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/ross_william.jpg" border="0">
Commander Dean Starwind
Executive Officer
Uss Rivendell- NCC-84540-B

Vincent Garhart

"Commander you have 15 minutes to design a delivery system then I am taking it down to the core and we will see if we can't fix this.  Understood?"
Vincent Garhart
Lt. General