• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

General Notifications

Started by Vorak, October 11, 2003, 03:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eugene Archer

Flag Admiral, I have one more question. Could you make me moderator (or co-moderator) of the Deep Space Academy Board. Otherwise I can't do my job properly.

Thanks in advance

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Archer.jpg" border="0">

Kathryn Janeway

http://www.startrek.nl/images/head-janeway.jpg" border="0">

Montrell

All personel on Starphoenix was evacuated because of the Naji'gat threat. Everyone went to Station Avalon and is free to relax here, but soon the ships will return.
But before you all return we had the chance to run a whole Division "Role Call" and you need to report in, stating that your character is still used and active. (I suppose you are to report in at your Ship's forum or at the Division Commanders Office's forum).

I hope to have cleared it all up for you http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-montrell.jpg" border="0">

Clyde Eastwood

Sir i request permission to go as a Academy Instructor for a while untill some missions pick up and i am needed elsewhere
Lt Col Eastwood
XO Marine Battlion

Vorak

This concerns all admirals, division supervisors, division commanders and ship captains.

To maintain order and credibility in the way things are being runned in the Starfleet section, regular reports are a necessity, and this so for multiple reasons:
- it places everyone in their right position
- it gives them the work that really belongs to their job
- it gives them the responsibility that comes with their rank
- it gives themselves a better overview on what goes on in their forum(s)
- it gives us a better overview on what goes on in the different divisions
- it may solve better, or even prevent, various internal affairs and problems and there can be interfered with lacking missions and such
- easier to archive past missions and encounters

Here follow the EXACT regulations on how these division reports are being handled.

1. SHIP/STATION CO REPORTS TO DIVISION CO

This report contains:
- Short description of current mission
- Current status of mission + current location of ship
- new discovered aliens
- new discovered planets
- new discovered stations/bases
- new discovered space anomalies
- monthly: 1 suggestion for crewmember to be promoted (name, current rank and department)
- names, ranks and departments of crewmembers that post insufficiently or never
- New crewmembers that signed on (name, rank, department)
- resigned crewmembers (names, departments)
- crewmembers that have switched department (name, rank, old & new department)
- Current status of the ship (damage, injured crewmembers)
- Current visitors on the ship (name, species)
- Current disputes between crewmembers (names of crewmembers, nature of dispute)
- Extra Comments

Notes:
- This report is written by the captain of every ship.
- If the captain is unavailable for some reason, he appoints someone from his SENIOR STAFF to do it for him.  If nobody has been appointed, the task moves automatically to the First Officer
- He writes this sort of report WEEKLY (mind: this may seem alot of work but a ship doesn't encounter new species and planets and such every week so it's not always as long as the list may make it look)
- He fills out every category of the report as described above.  If something is N/A (for example, that week no new species were encountered), he writes N/A or "none" for this category
- He posts this report in the forum "Status Reports" of the board of his own division

2. DIVISION CO REPORTS TO DIVISION SUPERVISOR

This report contains:
- Mission description and status of all ships & stations
- locations of the ships
- list new discovered aliens, planets, stations/bases, anomalies
- monthly: max. 3 suggestions for crewmembers to be promoted (name, current rank and department) - max 1 suggestion with fleets that have less than 3 ships
- list of names, ranks, departments and ships of insufficient posters
- list of names, ranks, departments and ships of new crewmembers
- list of names and departments and ships of resigned crewmembers
- list of names and rank of crewmembers that switched departments (plus old & new department)
- list of disputes between crewmembers (names and ships of crewmembers, nature of disputes)
- Extra comments

Notes:
- This report is always written by the Division CO.  If he is unavailable, he appoints someone to do it for him. If nobody appointed, and the division does not have a XO to take over this task, the division supervisor takes on this job.
- He writes his report WEEKLY, after receiving the reports from his ship's captains
- In fact, this report is a global report of all the reports he received from his captains, with his own additions if necessary
- It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the division CO to make sure that his captains report to him weekly.  If they do not, he must assure they do
- He posts his report on the forum assigned for his division in "Starfleet HQ Board" (every division has their own forum there, so there you find your own, in where you post your report)
- The suggestions for promotions are only to be added to the report once a month, preferably the first one of the month
- The division CO is responsible for assigning missions to his ships
- The Division CO is responsible for updating the website of his division (with the exception of avalon & starphoenix division)
- The Division CO interferes with problems and disputes, if necessary
- Important: the Division CO maintains the division board (adjusting rank titles of new officers, maintaining & moderating forums or adding forums)

3.  Division Supervisor reports to Senior Admiralty

This report contains:
- Passes on the report of division Co without modifications
- Monthly: Gives his own comments on the suggested promotions - does he think they are justified?
- Comments on which officers that post insufficiently should be removed from the crew
- Report of which rules have been broken
- Comments on the activities of the division CO himself
- Comments on the disputes between crewmembers
- Any extra comments if necessary

Notes:
- The job of the supervisor is not to command, but to supervise.  He does NEVER OWN the division, but makes sure that the owner (CO) manages it correctly and according to regulations
- a supervisor knows what goes on in the division, always and everywhere
- a supervisor makes sure that rules & regulations are not being broken
- a supervisor makes sure that the stories and missions remain CREDIBLE
- he reports anything unusual to the senior admiralty
- he advices the Division CO if necessary
- he becomes temporarily CO if the division CO is on holiday (unless someone else designated)
- he makes sure he receives his weekly reports from the Division CO
- he sends his own report EVERY TWO WEEKS

Note: to remain credibility, it is logical that no starfleet officers are aware of the activities of Intelligence, Section 31 and the FSS.  Therefore, the report forums of this division is made private.
This division also has the task to go undercover with a mirror character to see from the inside how a division works and if the Admiralty should be notified of something the division CO or supervisor did not, and does so in private and directly without posting it in a forum.

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

A new system has been set up to provide ID cards online.
That means that you will notice, your ID card is no longer working, because it has been given a new location.

If your ID card URL is, for example:
http://www.expansionfleet.com/starfleet/images/ID-name.jpg

It" target="_blank">http://www.expansionfleet.com/starfleet/images/ID-name.jpg

It will now become:
http://expansionfleet.port5.com/starfleet/id/ID-name.jpg

All" target="_blank">http://expansionfleet.port5.com/starfleet/id/ID-name.jpg

All you have to do, is modify this URL in your board signature, and it will work again. All ID cards that previously existed, are already uploaded here.
To see a list of all available ID cards and to find your own, simply go to this URL:
http://expansionfleet.port5.com/starfleet/id/

For" target="_blank">http://expansionfleet.port5.com/starfleet/id/

For Division CO's who create their own design of ID cards (such as StarPhoenix, FSS, Omega) will be given FTP access to upload new ID cards.

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Nailo Tpolish

FSS is getting a bit empty lately,

We have about four people who are dedicated to FSS, and that is not enough, we need some good ideas for promoting the FSS to everyone...

If activity doesnt pick up by February i am gonna recommend we shut down FSS or relocate it, BUT THIS WILL BE A LAST RESORT!

Nailo Tpolish
Head of Black Ops
FSS Division

John Franks

What is the link to get Id Pictures?
John Franks
Major
Avalon Station

John Franks

Admirals:

With a smile on my face. 22 Post at the

Academy since I arrived. I have told my friends about

This site, I am Proud to be part of your fine game.

Admiral Vorak, us humans laugh together cry together,

those human emotions. They bind us together. Looking

forward to a Long lasting friendship. While we explore

this region of space.  LIVE LONG AND PROSPER. SPACE

STATION AVALON!

John Franks
Major
Avalon Station

Vorak

Thank you for recommending this site to others, and for bringing the academy back to life. You honour us.
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

John Franks

Admiral Tuller:

Ray Walston died on Jaunary 1 2001.

He Played Boothby. He played in My

Favorite Martain.  As Uncle Martain.

John Franks
Major
Avalon Station

Nocturnus

Stands in front of Admiral Montrell and salutes.

Permission to come aboard again sir.

"To whom do you fear the most.  THe person who says they will kill you? Or the person who's still thinking about it."

OFF: A sub plot is taking place in Ops; DSA and other

locations on the Station Major Franks and his crew, are

Prisoneers of the Vulcans.  The Vulcan Seventh Fleet

has Avalon Station Surrounded. So far members of the

station has posted with us. Vulcan has Retracted her

Membership from the Federation. A intresting storyline,

It sould keep everyone's Attention. If Myself or Major

Franks have intruded on your storyline we apologise.

I restored power to DSA  with a seprate power suupy

and computer core. Hermes would not allow that.

" I request My Name be changed to Jack Smith

By Order Of President of the Federation. " I will be on

Vulcan by the Orders of The President. Heavy Crusier T

Pol will transport me there. I will contact you by Secure

Channel From Vulcan.  They trust me and only me!

Jean Starwind

Admiral Vorak, i am Lt. Jean Starwind of the USS Evolution and i was wondering if it would be possible to construct another starship for the avalon division and i was wondering if i can havefull command traing from the academy to become the co of the new starship if you decide to contruct another.

Vorak

My apologies for the delay in response. Officially I myself am not on the station right now, and the XO of the station (Montrell) is currently preoccupied (finals at school). But I will answer your questions anyway.

I see that indeed Major Franks has not posted for more than two months. Therefore, since he has some key characters here and elsewhere, I have emailed him first about this matter.
If he does not respond within a week from now, his positions will be replaced, which means you may assume the task of CO of the Academy.
Should you hear from him, please let me know.

Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet