• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Deep Space Academy Status Reports

Started by Vorak, December 01, 2005, 01:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Sanchez

That is good news indeed. Is this increased activity still continuing to date? And maybe one of the existing teachers could fill in the empty roles? After all, it's not uncommon for a teacher to teach two different subjects.
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-sanchez.jpg" border="0">

Eugene Archer

Status Report Deep Space Academy, August 18th, 2382

COMMAND CREW:
Admiral in charge: Admiral Tom Hobson? (Not sure- can someone confirm?)
Commanding Officer: Fleet Captain Eugene Archer
Executive Officer: None (Not really necessary)

TEACHING STAFF:
Tactical/Security: Open
Helm: Fleet Captain Eugene Archer (Temp.)
Science: Open
Operations: Open
JAG: MCapt. Clyde Eastwood
Diplomacy: Admiral Tom Hobson (Temp.)
Medical: Admiral Tom Hobson
Engineering: Fleet Captain Eugene Archer
Marines: MCapt. Clyde Eastwood

CADETS GRADUATED SINCE LAST STATUS REPORT:
None

Since the last status report, not much has happened at the academy. No new cadets have showed up, probably because of the summer holidays. Since there wasn't much to do at the academy, I was glad that something big was happening on the station: Moving it to Dantor. I decided to help out with that, and I was kind of in charge of the operation, together with Vice-Admiral Julian. During that mission I was also granted the position of Avalon Station XO by Admiral Hobson.

This brings us to the next point I would like to raise. I am now the Station XO, and my CO is supposed to be Commodore Hedford. I have, however, not seen him around for at least two months. Therefore, I take it that I am the Acting CO for now. That's also why I include a status report of Avalon Station in here:

Avalon Station Status Report – August 18th, 2382
Commanding Officer: Commodore Hedford
Executive Officer: Fleet Captain Eugene Archer

Current Mission: Moving Avalon Station from its initial position to Dantor, where it will be put into orbit. Reason for moving is because of ongoing threats at old position and also because Dantor is a strategically more interesting position.

Current status of mission: Accomplished. The station is moved safely to Dantor.

Newly discovered aliens: None

Newly discovered planets: None

Newly discovered stations/bases: None

Newly discovered space anomalies: None

Suggestion for crewmember to be promoted: Provisional Ensign Kassie, Engineering She has done a great job down in engineering, and she also showed that she is not afraid to say what she wants to say. She is a very promising officer!

Crewmembers that post insufficiently: Crewman William Biggins, Engineering

New crewmembers that signed on: Ensign Mann, Engineering; Provisional Ensign Kassie, Engineering

Resigned crewmembers: None

Crewmembers that have switched department: None

Current status of the station: Station has taken some minor damage during travel. But we had foreseen this and prevented it as much as possible. Now we're at Dantor, I will order repair teams to get her into perfect shape, as she was before the move.

Current visitors on the station: None

Current disputes between crewmembers: None

Extra comments: None
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Archer.jpg" border="0">

Vorak

All status reports of the D.S. Academy can be posted here.
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Marco Diaz

Academy Instructor Roster as of Feb. 5, 2006.

Tactical/Security: Commander Balkazar
Helm: Captain Marco Diaz
Science: Commander Baphomet
Operations: Captain Mark Brodie
JAG: Admiral Tom Hobson
Diplomat: Captain Marco Diaz
Engineering: Commander Baphomet
Marines: Jim Raynor

Command Staff are:

Admiral Karelia
Admiral Ransom
Captain Diaz

Status report has been a little late but here it is.

The Academy is teaming with activity. Almost every course available has a teacher. Cadets are registering and choosing to go the academic route and that is good news.

We have been trying to accomodate new people by having every course filled with active instructors and so far its been working.

There are still several cadets yet to graduate but a solution has been suggested in the Admirals forum.

All cadets seem to be enjoying themselves and are learning things as well.
Captain Marco Diaz,
Commanding Officer DSA

Eugene Archer

Deep Space Academy Status Report, May 26th, 2381

ACADEMY CREW:
Academy Command:
Executing Officer: Lieutenant Sam Fisher

Teachers:
Tactical/Security: Oliver Davis
Marine: Clyde Eastwood
JAG: Clyde Eastwood
[Survival Training: Mordac] --> haven't seen him online for a while, can anybody confirm this?
[Field Medicine: Mike Nickerson] --> haven't seen him online for a while, can anybody confirm this?
[Engineering: Oriely] --> not yet been permitted

Cadets:
Christopher Yates:  All Round
Lorie Dane: Engineering
Will Matthews: Engineering
Gorm: Tactical/Security

Further Plans:
Until we have got a teacher for every subject, some of the teachers will teach more subjects than one. Also, the XO and I will teach the subjects we lack teachers for. Since the new application rule has been introduced we have got three new cadets all ready, so I think we won't have the problem of too little cadets anymore.

Another thing I would like to tell you, is that I recently spoke with Commander Wil Riker from Kennedy Base. He is willing to let some cadets follow an internship aboard Kennedy Base because of the need for crew to run the station. I think that's a great opportunity for the cadets to get some experience on what it's like to serve on a starship/starbase and Commander Riker will get an advantage of this program aswell. Commander Riker will also further train my cadets in Starfleet Operations when they are on Kennedy Base.
I don't think you or the other admirals will have a problem with this idea.

The last thing I would like to put forward is that I find it very inconvenient I am not able to post in the News Announcement Forum. I don't think an exception can be arranged for me to be able to post there? If it really isn't possible, I would like my supervising Admiral (if I have one) to post an announcement for me once in a while. Otherwise I won't be able to recruit teachers as well as cadets in an adequate way. I hope you understand this.

Well, that would be all I have to say about the status off  Deep Space Academy.

Kind regards,

Fleet Captain Eugene Archer
Commanding Officer Deep Space Acade

Dean Starwind

Is Jim Raynor on LOA again? he has not posted and he has two new cadets awaiting to begin their course.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/ross_william.jpg" border="0">
Commander Dean Starwind
Executive Officer
Uss Rivendell- NCC-84540-B

Marco Diaz

Deep Sapce Academy Status Report Nov. 17, 2381

Academy crew:
Commanding Officers
Marco Diaz
Richard Ransom

Instructors:
Helm: Marco Diaz
JAG: Richard Ransom
Marine: Jim Raynor (approved LOA)
Medical: Regina Richwald
Engineering: Stehpen Sisko
Tactical: Balkazar
Security: Oliver Davis (absent a couple weeks)

Teachers needed
Counsellor: urgent!
Diplomat: Urgent!

General Overview:
I have noticed that people are beginning post more at the academy. I don't know if that is because it's mandatory or what, either way it is good news.

However there is a need for instructors at the DSA. If there are willing members of the EF community who could help out by perhaps creating another character to teach their knowledge and help our Cadets grow, that would be great.

Several Cadets have registered in the last few weeks and the majority of them have been assigned to a teacher, and a few have graduated to becoming members of a ship.
Captain Marco Diaz,
Commanding Officer DSA

Eugene Archer

Deep Space Academy Status Report, July 25th, 2382.

COMMAND CREW:
Admiral in charge: Not sure
Executive Officer: Open

TEACHING STAFF:
Tactical/Security: Open
Helm: Fleet Captain Eugene Archer (Temp.)
Science: Open
Operations: Open
JAG: MCapt. Clyde Eastwood
Diplomacy: Admiral Tom Hobson (Temp.)
Engineering: Fleet Captain Eugene Archer
Marines: MCapt. Clyde Eastwood

RECENTLY GRADUATED CADETS:
Ali'aln Tulak   Medical, Diplomacy
Gunn Mann   Helm, Engineering
Yaxara Grax   Diplomacy
Mimas Elfeneye   Diplomacy
Ender Wiggin   Helm
Cobra      Helm
Ghemor      Helm

As you can see, it has been quite busy at the academy since my return as CO. 7 cadets graduated in a time period of 2 weeks. After that, however, no more cadets showed up. It might be because of the summer holidays, and I expect that from september on, we will get more new members, thus new cadets at the academy. I'm also having some difficulty with finding teachers. From all the teachers in the 'Diaz-era', only one is left (Admiral Hobson). Luckily, he is willing to teach diplomacy temporarily. I myself am also teaching one subject permanently, and one temporarily. An old friend, Eastwood, who used to teach at the academy before my loa, also returned to teach two subjects. In this time of cadet-scarcity, it is not a big problem, but once more cadets will come, it might be convenient to have some more teachers.