• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 1: Ghosts in the Machine

Started by Vincent Garhart, March 02, 2006, 04:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Richerd

"Aye sir, Understood.... so... anyone here good at hacking into computer banks and finding bland spots? I personally am not trained in such a field... keeping the station running and the people happy is one of my duties, along with making sure that our security isn't breeched, which at the moment, I feel it has been by our own computer." Richerd then begins to look around trying to understand just where he would be going and doing.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5811/starpheonixidricherdscopy8gy.jpg" border="0">
The security of this organization is number one

Weasly Cook

Cook after tossing the PADD to Garhart turned around and saw a bulkhead jerkingly lower to the ground. He looks back and dives and rolls sideways while smiling at the times that he had played a holonoval rendention of an Indiana Jones adventure, without the lady though, he personally felt that detracted from the fun of exploring old ruins, he made it out of the closing bulkhead and shook his head, he checked the section that he was just in and sighed, the computer had vented all the oxegen from where he was just in, trying to get ride of the intruders most likely, this computer virus was getting on his nerves, greatly.

Cook now was pacing his own cell corridor, the hatch had sealed itself and now he was trapped on the deck that housed the computer core... something that he wasn't too happy about, he hade placed his helmet onto his EVA suit agian wondering what was going to happen next.
For the twentith time Captain Smith, you are not to dart into the hallway.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

"It might not be something to rule out, but I believe if the Windsor had an effect on the stations computers, it would probally show side effects of the borg species. So far, it hasn't. I am unclear on how much control they had on the Windsor at the time we recieved it here. But it is probally a question best left to Mr. Starwind and Cook".

Richard Ransom

*turns when he heards banging*
*lifts the hatch which could barly move*

ahh Dean sorry about that I power down the station
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

Vincent Garhart

Garhart and Cook arrive at the airlock and climb in.

"Weasly, there is no reason to fear.  I doubt its the borg.  There would be other signs.  Ready?"
Vincent Garhart
Lt. General

Dean Starwind

*Dean ctaches an unlocked hatch in the corner of his eye that leads to a lower level. He climbs down with the motive of hoping that perhaps he would stumble across a jefferies tube that has not been locked down that lead directly to Ops. Soon an hour or so passed and he found him self walking in Corridor above the Infirmery. He walks by a hatch and has he stepped on it the hatch opend and he fell through into the infermiry bash his head on the hatch and a table on on his way down breaking his arm and giving him a good sized gash on his temple. He lays there unconcious.*
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/ross_william.jpg" border="0">
Commander Dean Starwind
Executive Officer
Uss Rivendell- NCC-84540-B

Dean Starwind

*Dean slowly drifts in and out of conciousness. In a period of conciousness he heres footsteps out side of the room he was unsure he had fallen in. With his slightly impared vision from the concusion and deed gash on the side of his forehead he imagined it would have been the infermery. As the footsteps faded he gave a shout to attempt to get the attention of the one passing by.*

"Hey! heel...."

*Dean falls to the ground once again and drifted into unconciousness.*
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/ross_william.jpg" border="0">
Commander Dean Starwind
Executive Officer
Uss Rivendell- NCC-84540-B

Morgan Freeman

=A= Freeman to Baphomet =A=
Beam it down here commander and we will transfer the life forms.
=A= Feeman out =A=
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/Jedi1701/MorganBanner.jpg" border="0">

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.   - Scotty

Vincent Garhart

"I volentier to go to the computer core and see if I can't reload a backup and fix this problem."
Vincent Garhart
Lt. General

Weasly Cook

Cook turns around and faces the Admiral, "Sir, I would like to come along as well, you may encounter areas that I may be able to access and not you... I do know a thing or two about computer cores... I was a ship builder and I kind of sidetracked myself and began reading up on what was being put into the ship... besides I think either someone from mantaince or science has to iniciate the process of sending an upgrade, protocol sir, I think it's to prevent sabatoge to the computer core." Cook then returns back to working on his code going slow and steady but at the same time trying to make sure he wasn't messing up. eight minutes later he is reviewing the PADD one last time by the look of him only reading and not writing anything except here or their like he was correcting something.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

Weasly Cook

Cook nods his head and suits up as well in a EVA, "Ready sir, let's go visit the Core... But let's try and see if Dean wants to come along as well, after all he is in the Jeffries Tube as well." Cook was smiling, but it was nervous smile.... In his mind he was completely horrified at the thought of confronting the Borg for the first time since the battle of Wolf 359.

Cook's face however was a calm facade and he was masking his fear and ager very well, but he was however setting his phaser on a rotating modulation.

Richard Ransom

Computer: Critical Error Detected
Computer: Secuitey Override Locking Out all Overrides all Secuitey Commands Deleted Sealing all Decks with Level 10 Secuitey

Computer: Staton Wide Decompresseration will Actvate Till Plus 57 hours 21 Minites 12 seconds

Crewman do we still have Fighter Control Station

Crewman: Yes sir, but why would you whant to handle Fighter Flights

well its sounds like there is an Virus in the Computer Frame and Fighter Control is under Secondary Command Protocols which whont be effected yet as all Primary Command Protocols all totaly overrided

now lets see if this works

Computer Fighter Scamble

Computer: Need Seniour Officer Conformation

Computer Ransom,Richard Fleet Admiral Division Commanding Officer

Computer:Confirmed

Computer:Fighter Scamble all Decks this is a Fighter Scamble

Computer: Releasing  all Secuitey Lockdowns

now lets see how long this lasts  before the program will override using primary Command Protocols of this works we will be able to get to the COmputer core

Richard Ransom

*Klakons were sounding*

COmputer:BattleStations, Unknown Ship Detected  Powering up Defence Platforms

Crewman:SIr, its the Rivendell

can we hail them

Crewman:no,communcation Array still scured

can we get to the Fighterbay

Crewman:no sir

*taps on Communcatior*

==^== Frontier Station to Rivendell, This is Fleet Admiral Richard Ransom Frontier Station is in a Sate of Emerencey our Computer is out of Control be be adivse the Station might Attack you please beam to Operations your Science Officer and Cheif Enginer==^==

Morgan Freeman

Freeman thinks for a moment on the Admiral's request, then has an idea

=A= Freeman to Baphomet =A=
Commander, the Admiral has established that the life forms wish to leave the computer core but do not know how.  What would it take to get them transferred into the ZPE of your shuttle?  They would have all the energy they would ever need.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/Jedi1701/MorganBanner.jpg" border="0">

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.   - Scotty

Baphomet

=A=Baphomet to Freeman=A=

"Yes Commander."

=A=Baphomet Out=A=

Baphomet beams herself to the stations Ops. she then walks over to an unoccupied Science Station and awaits further developements or orders.

Because at the moment there is really nothing more she can do, it is now up to the engineers to try and convince the biomorphic entities to download themselves into the storage unit, which in all probabilty will not be all that easy to do.