• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 1: Ghosts in the Machine

Started by Vincent Garhart, March 02, 2006, 04:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Ransom

Computer:Borg Life Signs Detected All Command Codes Disabled Lockdown Actvated Defence System Operations and Main Engineing Now Sealed

*Ransom Milrizles 3 feet off the ground and lands with a thud*

What the...

Crewman:Sir all the Command Codes are lockout

Computer Return Frontier to Normal Runing RansomBeta4

Computer:Unbable to Comply Access Denied

Computer Override code EngineringOmega4TangoDeta4

Computer:All Command Codes Returned to Normal

Well this is a Problem, Tom what have we found out So Far

Computer:Decpmpress Operations

*Ransoms Runs to the Engering Station 2*

Computer:Decompress Overide enabled

What is going on with the Station
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

Dean Starwind

OFF: Rich, lets make things intresting. The hatch wont move cuz of the crazy computer ok.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com/charpics/ross_william.jpg" border="0">
Commander Dean Starwind
Executive Officer
Uss Rivendell- NCC-84540-B

OOC: ?? You realize we are in the middle of a mission, Kawolsky? What are you doing?
------
"If it is being sealed by an automatic response, disengaging power and opening it manually might be an option".

Hobson listens intently to the word from Garhart.
"It is what was feared. The computer has developed a conciousness it wants to keep...to defend".

Vincent Garhart

In Tom's mind he hears Garharts Voice.

Tom, I have made contact with something inside the computer core.  It is intelligent and alive, however it is not fully self aware yet.  According to this lifeform it started understanding in one of our science labs, then it branched out to other things.  
Trying to get more understanding it tried the replicator first.  Then it moved so some of our dead officers but could not make the connections it need.  Then it found the main computer core.  Tom, it is learning from us.  It blocked of Adm Starwind because it thought he would be aggressive and kill it.  The same thing with Cook.  It blocked off everyone it thought would instinctivly destroy it.  
It wants to be set free. , to be able to leave this station.  I may be able to convince it to release Starwind if we agree to help it be able to leave the station.  
Vincent Garhart
Lt. General

Morgan Freeman

Freeman Materilizes in the computer control room next to Admiral Garhart thinking to himself that Baphomet transported him perfectly.
Seeing the admiral Kneeling in front of the core makes Morgan aprehensive to the point he gets out his rifle and points it at the core.   Relizing his stupidity he lowers his weapon.

"Admiral what is going on here?
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/Jedi1701/MorganBanner.jpg" border="0">

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.   - Scotty

Taurik

Realizing the comm system on the station would most likely be on the fritz, Taurik projected a psychic message to everyone of importance on the station.

"Taurik to Frontier Station," the captain spoke directly into the minds of the command crew. "Is there anything we can do?"
Captain Taurik
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Rivendell - NCC-84540-B

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/starfleetcross.gif" border="0">http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/redcrest.gif" border="0">
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Member of the Gallifreyan Sentinel Caste

Morgan Freeman

Freeman and Garhart are discussing a way to convince the life form into the container when Garhart mentions that cook is trapped on the same deck.  
After some convincing of the lifeform, they agree to let cook out of his holding area and into the computer room, threatening to vent the entire area if Cook trys anything

=A= Freeman to Cook =A=
you are now free to proceed to the computer core
=A= Freeman out =A=
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/Jedi1701/MorganBanner.jpg" border="0">

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.   - Scotty

Richard Ransom

Computer:RED ALERT RED ALERT RED ALERT RED ALERT

*incoming transmission*
==^== This is Fleet Admiral Ransom to Frontier Station this is a Division Red Alert repete a Division Red Alert the U.S.S Evolution has been stolen she is to be brought back in==^==
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

Vincent Garhart

=A= Garhart to ops =A=
 Will someone get me out of turbolift 2
Vincent Garhart
Lt. General

William Richerd

Mr Richerds, is beamed unto the Ops with a phaser in his hand and looked around in bafflement, "Uh Admirals, care to explain why the computer informed the old security chief of seven indruders, and then let me use my command code to get in here?" Richerd was one that understood computers to get through life, but he didn't really understand the real working interior of a computer, I.E. how it tells if an intruder is onboard, or scans a person, but he knew that his job was a tad easier then it would have been without them. "So, care to explain this?" he asks as he puts away his phaser.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5811/starpheonixidricherdscopy8gy.jpg" border="0">
The security of this organization is number one

While Richerd was exiting the deck, Hobson, frustrated, turned to an officer on the deck.
"Is there no way we can have some things functioning? The Rivendell will arrive at any time, any options we have to straighten this out some while they are here, we must exercise".

William Richerd

=A= Aye sir, on my way to sickbay....=A= his voice trails off as he probably was calling other teams to his side, making sure that he would be prepared for the worst of things.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5811/starpheonixidricherdscopy8gy.jpg" border="0">
The security of this organization is number one

Weasly Cook

Mr. Cook turned around to face the Admiral, "Well sir... we could hide our fix and reloading as an nessisary upgrade.... if their is one thing that I have learned from the borg or the M-5 inccidnet, both desire more knowledge, more space, and above all, a faster mind and capability, if we could trick the main computer core that we are performing a nessisary upgrade to it's systems it may just let us by.... but we must be careful and not reveal what we are doing... maybe design a new delivery system that acts as an upgrade but at the same time a non lethay virus that will prevent itself from stoping the reload and fixing of the system.... of course if this is a borg virus we may be stopped.... but I must tell you, that ship was as deserted as earth's moon in the 1800's, so I have no idea what is going on, maybe without a borg drone or queen this is what a borg invasion system does.... cause mayhem and confusion on the infected vessal or station. Of course everything I have said is just ideas that may or may not work but give me time and I may just find a way to make a delivery system of the design I have talked about." Cook then turned his chair and picked up a data padd and began to work out codes and systems that might help with the situation.
For the twentith time Captain Smith, you are not to dart into the hallway.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

"Well, Richard, so far very little is known for sure up here. I believe work is being done elsewhere. But no developments have been reported to Ops. What is known, is that the computer began to malfunction several days ago. No cause for it has been proven yet. There is speculation that it is tied to the problem with the gel packs which caused many to die from a virus infected into replicator processed meals. Doctor Starchaser it seems has had the wildest of all experiences so far from these malfunctions".